The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 173281 times)

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2009, 11:07 AM »
. So now i got somthin to do in the winter.

You know, when I got out of the Navy in 96, I hated winter. I was stationed on ship on a tropical island (Guam) for over a year, and coming back to the frozen tundra wasn't my favorite thing, so I hated it. I moved to Kansas City, which has somewhat mild winters compared to here, but moved back in 2006, so I wanted a hobby to enjoy winter. It was either ice fishing, which I had done when I was really little, or snowmobiling. Unless you want to spend $10K on a new sled you are dumping a ton of money into an older one. So I decided ice fishing would be the cheaper option, and now I actually look forward to winter every year. Nothing beats being on the ice.  ;D

Offline Feeling Crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Unless you want to spend $10K on a new sled you are dumping a ton of money into an older one. So I decided ice fishing would be the cheaper option, and now I actually look forward to winter every year. Nothing beats being on the ice.  ;D
Too bad now you're buying that sled anyways to drag the portable out on the lake!  :roflmao:
The best thing about ice fishing is that when you get on a good bite you don't have to worry about your beer getting warm!

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 02, 2009, 08:02 PM »
We have been driving out fine with a 4X4 pickup

Offline crappie_hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2009, 11:07 AM »
Hi. Tim from Eveleth. Been reading iceshanty for years and finally signed up. Its been a great start to the season thus far. nice solid ice and now a blanket of snow.  ;D

Hey tim do you fish vermillion at all???

Offline 68Goat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 08, 2009, 03:51 PM »
My name is John, live in Norwood Young America, I have been on the site for a while but haven't posted much.
I have been ice fishing my whole life more seriously the last 4-5 years than before.

Last year fished a lot on Waconia, Belle, Stella, Washington, Mille Lacs and Lake of the Woods.  My wife loves to ice fish so she is my normal fishin buddy but with her being almost 8 months pregnant has put a bit of a damper on getting out.   We did make it to Lake of the Woods over Christmas weekend and just rented a drive out house...fishin was slow but we had fun so that is the main thing.

If anyone from the west metro is looking for someone to go with shoot me a PM. 
John

Offline jlbridges

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:24 PM »
I live in Lake City mn . Most of my ice fishing is done on Lake Pepin. I've been at it a few years.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Welcome, make yourself at home. :)

Offline Scott Steil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 13, 2009, 04:00 PM »
Scott Steil, Richmond MN and yes I do a lot of ice fishing ;D  Mainly in Northern Minnesota.  I didn't realize there was a MN forum on Ice Shanty.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Jan 13, 2009, 07:56 PM »
I'm glad you found us.

MN gets lost in the endless pile of posts from out east. :D

Offline Atuma1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 14, 2009, 03:58 PM »
I would like to give a big welcome to all of the MN newbies! Let us know a bit about yourself!

Where are you from? Where do you fish? Are you new to the sport or a seasoned ice god?

You need 5 posts before you can view certain parts of the site, this can be a good place to get one out of the way! :laugh:

Hello my name is andy.  I am for lonsdale mn.  I winter fish around in Rice, Scott,and Dakota county.  The fishing has been slow at night but from 12 to 4:30 the crappies and sunnies are hitting good.  some of them are small for lake to lake but there is a lot of nice sized one.  It would be nice to pick the ones you want to keep but when you are pulling them up for 30-50 feet of water you don't always have that choice

Offline bboltjes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:34 AM »
Hi guys

Been on the site for a year or so and this is my first post. Spend alot of time here just looking at all the info.
I'm from southcentral Minnesota and spend alot of time fishing the softwater and used to do a lot of ice fishing. Starting to do more ice fishing as my son is starting to get into it. What a great site.

Bryan

Offline hauge299

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:35 AM »

Hi, im bryan, i am from Walker, MN, i usually fish on Leech but some small lakes in the area as well.\, with the occasional trip to LOW or red lake. i have been ice fishing since as long as i can remember with my dad and grandpa.

Offline Doddsey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 15, 2009, 12:03 PM »

Whats up im jay 21 from zimmerman and i ussually fish lakes close to here, baxter, blue, elk, green. But i love to go up to alexandria and hit some of the many lakes in that area also. Im no pro but Love to get my line wet

Offline Doddsey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 15, 2009, 12:27 PM »
so does anyone know any hott spots around the area i would be glad to swap some info with ya!

Offline FishinWithTrav

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Hey whats up im Travis just joined this site. i've been fishing all my life but just started hardcore ice fishing about 4 years ago. im from stillwater mn i fish all around stillwater, white bear area and all around the rodgers, albertville area too. im mostly a bass fisher is the summer in the winter i'll try to catch anything really.

Offline jlbridges

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 16, 2009, 07:27 PM »
The area thats been the best is out from old Frontenac on pepin where you see all the ice shacks.
you catch mostly sauger .

Offline evobassfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:31 PM »
what up guys! this is Tom just joined the site. just started ice fishing last year and am pretty much hooked.  located in SE Minnesota and would appreciate any tips or advice on how and where to reel in the slabs. Thanks.

Offline jiggleystickens

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 20, 2009, 07:21 PM »
Jiggleystickens here.  I grew up in East Central MN around Moose Lake.  I usually fish Mille Lacs, Upper Red, Lake of the Woods and Winni but like some of the smaller lakes in my area too.

Offline SkeeterMN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 23, 2009, 01:39 AM »
Hi Everyone,
I'm in the East Central part of MN (Rush City area) and just found this site through my brother (BuschWhacker). I'm a bass tournament regular in the summer, and have been known to have a beer or two on the ice. Been fishing and spearing since I was a kid (70's) and don't love it any less today. I run a couples bass tournament circuit that my wife and I started about 5 years ago, and it's been a fun time meeting new people and teaching the wife about fishing. I can't get her on the ice though. She doesn't trust it...no way, no how. As I get older, I'm inclined to tilt her way, but what the heck, ya gots ta fish, right?
Now, if I can find a way that's not so hard on the boat in winter......

Offline hafnutz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 24, 2009, 10:40 PM »
Hi, I'm Don. I live in No. suburban St. Paul. I used to ice fish several years ago and decided to round up all my old gear and buy a new house and have another run at it. Been hitting a lot of the smaller lakes within 50 miles of home. I generally fish on weekdays and leave the weekends open for the crowds. Retirement lets me do that. Be safe...

Offline LineBreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 04, 2009, 07:07 AM »
   Hi, my name is Denny. I live in a town called Worthington, MN. Basically i grew up going summertime and ice fishing with my father. For about 10 years i didn't fish at all... I know i know what was wrong with me, anyways the whole partying and women thing got in the way in those years. Now i fish as much as i can, the wife has not said no yet. Fishing for me is a great way to relieve stress in my life and also spend time alone with my fathers(lord & dad).

Offline IA_Eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Feb 07, 2009, 07:49 PM »
Hi I am Adrian and live 20 miles South of Fairmont. I like to take the kids fishing and relax, many times we go to Fox Lake just East of Worthington.

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Aug 17, 2009, 10:19 PM »
hi! my names eric, mostly fish the south metro lakes as well as the faribault area! if anyone wants to get out and share some ice time at all let me know!
EK

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #53 on: Aug 18, 2009, 05:11 PM »
Congratulations, you are the first MN newbie of the new season.  ;D

It is only August, you must have the itch to fish pretty bad. ;)

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Aug 19, 2009, 08:52 AM »
im workin on two new permy's and waiting for some ice rod banks to come in the mail! I'd say i got the itch Really Bad! lol
EK

Offline IceNomads

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GOT ICE!!
« Reply #55 on: Aug 27, 2009, 03:44 PM »
I'm Cody, Elk River, I fish from here to superior in Wisconsin to LOTW, If you see 1 fat guy and 1 teen and 1 child and 2 ice houses being towed on a wheeler and a German shorty runnin' behind that's me. Mille Lacs and LOTW and Superior are my favorites. Be my buddie or send a message and ill tell ya some spots cuz i work at a bait shop.
 FISHIN' IS LIKE SEX, THE LESS YOU GET, THE MORE YOU LIE!!

Offline Ponz mn

• IceShanty Rookie
  • O.C.F.D ~ overly compulsive fishing disorder
« Reply #56 on: Sep 11, 2009, 10:28 PM »
Hey, am Christian, and just joined the site. I mostly fish lake minnetonka and live in excelsior. If you see a 14 year old kid in Carman's bay you'll know who it is.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #57 on: Sep 12, 2009, 03:06 PM »
Welcome! This is a good place for a 14 year old to pick up ideas from guys who have fished their whole life. ;)

Offline Trev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Trust yer jiggin hand!
« Reply #58 on: Sep 16, 2009, 12:08 AM »
Hey guys, my name is Trevor. I live in Lino Lakes and mostly fish Chisago county and Washington county lakes. Been ice fishin for long as i can remember, didnt really get into it hard untill around 3 or 4 years ago though

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #59 on: Sep 16, 2009, 05:27 PM »
There are plenty of good lakes in your neighborhood. You are a lucky guy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.