Author Topic: Shanty tow bars?  (Read 9879 times)

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
Shanty tow bars?
« on: Dec 07, 2009, 07:50 PM »
Any recommendations for hooking my towbar to my shanty? and tricks that might be helpful after its mounted. Any problems with flexing having to add a support bar?

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Shanty tow bars?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2009, 08:06 PM »
What kind of shanty and what kind of towbar?

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2009, 08:27 PM »
Clam X2 with the clam towbar, i got the intructions, but those don't ever tell you the "lessons learned from past expirences"

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2009, 04:58 PM »

cost me $10

Offline sonar man

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GILL MASTER
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2009, 05:10 PM »
shappell sales a good one..

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2009, 05:30 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
cost me $10
  SLABSLAMMER, did you fill the conduit w/ a wooden dowel????(for extra strenght)....Curious, because I'm looking to make a couple myself.....Thanks for the post/ I may copy.....Lou
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2009, 05:34 PM »
Your not going to break that conduit lol. You could back over it with a semi and it would not break. Smash, yes, but it will not break, it is also very hard to bend.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just give me water hard or not and ill be happy
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Your not going to break that conduit lol. You could back over it with a semi and it would not break. Smash, yes, but it will not break, it is also very hard to bend.

as he said  have one on my clam and ive bent it and then bent it back and its as good as new conduit is the way to go very light and strong       the only thing i would do is back up the eyebolts on the sled    pc of flat bar or fender washers so you dont pull them thru

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2009, 07:33 PM »
Any recommendations for hooking my towbar to my shanty? and tricks that might be helpful after its mounted. Any problems with flexing having to add a support bar?
This is the towbar I use to pull my Clam Sleeper, my X2 and my Jet sled. I have not had any issues towing anyone of these, it works great and they are not that expensive. I believe I gave around $20.00 of it @ Beans.

I used heavy duty eye bolts and cut just enough off the top of them to slide the eye bolts that are on the towbar over it. If you need more pictures just send me a pm.

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2009, 07:39 PM »
  SLABSLAMMER, did you fill the conduit w/ a wooden dowel????(for extra strenght)....Curious, because I'm looking to make a couple myself.....Thanks for the post/ I may copy.....Lou

No need for Reinforcement !! Other than fender washers on I bolts on Shanty !!!

Offline Double-L

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2009, 09:05 PM »
No need for Reinforcement !! Other than fender washers on I bolts on Shanty !!!
   Thanks again SLAMMER; I love the concept of being able to remove the hitch, easily. 8)....Lou
"CATCH & RELEASE" --- For another day!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2009, 04:10 AM »
USM2001, use it alone its designed to be used that way ... Iv had that very tow bar on my yukon for the past 6 years and many ice miles and never had a problem with it !
Hard Ice

Offline needice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2009, 05:25 AM »
I just mounted the frabill tow bar to my predator.It is also universal for other shanty's.It is built super strong.It has 90 degrees with two holes to mount to tub with good size metal brackets for the inside.They connect to pivots to 1 inch(approx.) square stock.It then connects to 2inch square stock to atv/sled.I liked it due to the ease of bar removal from sled with 1 snap pin.It is as you guess kinda heavy but I don't think the four-wheeler is gonna mind much.  ;) :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.