Author Topic: Tigers on the ice  (Read 1264 times)

Offline PerchMan44

• IceShanty Rookie
Tigers on the ice
« on: Jan 19, 2024, 06:30 PM »
Finally got to hit ice in CT today, with how the weather has been it seemed like it would never happen.
I went to one pond around noon and caught nothing except two pickerel. So I moved on to another pond about a half hour away and began setting up tip ups, before I could grab the second tip up from my sled I had a flag and up came a tiger trout.

This was the first tiger I’ve ever caught through the ice and the third I’ve ever caught in my life.
The rest of the afternoon was pretty good with a few pickerel and a largemouth bass all on tip ups with absolutely nothing while jigging.

Once the sun started to go down around 5 I began to pack up and had one more flag, the fish made a massive run and pulled probably 100 feet of line out before I got to the hole. After a long while of hand over hand action I got a nice 16” tiger trout to end the day.

All in all a very good, albeit rather late first day.

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Tigers on the ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2024, 10:03 AM »
Nice job getting out. Congrats on the fish. Is that a tiger or a brookie, pics don’t do it justice. Looks like a brookie to me. Anyways congrats.

Offline PerchMan44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2024, 10:31 AM »
I’m sure they’re tigers because there’s no spots on either of them like a brookie would have and the pictures are not the best I will admit.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2024, 06:08 PM »
Nice work on catching those tigers. Not a lot of those around and a real bonus. Good job

Offline stabilicer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2024, 06:45 PM »
Finally got to hit ice in CT today, with how the weather has been it seemed like it would never happen.
I went to one pond around noon and caught nothing except two pickerel. So I moved on to another pond about a half hour away and began setting up tip ups, before I could grab the second tip up from my sled I had a flag and up came a tiger trout.

This was the first tiger I’ve ever caught through the ice and the third I’ve ever caught in my life.
The rest of the afternoon was pretty good with a few pickerel and a largemouth bass all on tip ups with absolutely nothing while jigging.

Once the sun started to go down around 5 I began to pack up and had one more flag, the fish made a massive run and pulled probably 100 feet of line out before I got to the hole. After a long while of hand over hand action I got a nice 16” tiger trout to end the day.

All in all a very good, albeit rather late first day.
I’m sure they’re tigers because there’s no spots on either of them like a brookie would have and the pictures are not the best I will admit.
Nice trip icing the tigers 16” to boot

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.