Author Topic: Livescope vs new Livescope Plus  (Read 2851 times)

Offline mnhunter2

• IceShanty Rookie
Livescope vs new Livescope Plus
« on: Jan 25, 2023, 04:28 PM »
Anyone upgraded to the new Livescope Plus from the original Livescope?

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
Re: Livescope vs new Livescope Plus
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2023, 07:31 PM »
I'm contemplating getting the mega from hummingbird... thatll be the first live imaging I get

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2023, 05:06 AM »
Yes, after using the LVS 32 for four full ice seasons I switched over to the new LVS34 last month.  I started out fresh and pieced everything together new. 

Offline prov1ml

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2023, 11:58 AM »
Yes, after using the LVS 32 for four full ice seasons I switched over to the new LVS34 last month.  I started out fresh and pieced everything together new.

Contemplating doing the exact same thing. Worth it in your opinion?

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2023, 08:47 PM »
It is hard to be very scientific on how much better the LVS34 transducer is on clarity since I did a major upgrade on the head unit at the same time (a lot more pixels), but for whatever reason, it is clearer.  What I can say is that the LVS34 does do better at distance/depth than the LVS32.  Since I fish for lake trout which are generally very deep, the additional depth that I can see the trout in itself makes the upgrade worthwhile to me.

Offline Salmonquest

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I once killed a gopher with a stick"
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2023, 07:35 AM »
I'm contemplating getting the mega from hummingbird... thatll be the first live imaging I get

FWIW my friend is a big hummingbird guy. He had live and swapped it for the garmin. This is a guy with 3 hummingbird graphs on his boat and he opted to add a garmin graph just for livescope. Just food for thought.

Offline wirehairman

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2023, 09:21 AM »
My story and experience is almost exactly Skywagon's.  Got the LVS 32 when it first came out and used it for four seasons.  Upgraded to the LVS 34 before this season.  Started fresh with all new components.  Between the upgraded head unit and transducer, the LVS 34 is much clearer, especially deeper and further out.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2023, 07:11 PM »
FWIW my friend is a big hummingbird guy. He had live and swapped it for the garmin. This is a guy with 3 hummingbird graphs on his boat and he opted to add a garmin graph just for livescope. Just food for thought.
Thank you for input...
I'm still up in the air if I'm buying one or not...

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2023, 07:19 PM »
Have 3 Helix units. A 12, a 9, and a 7 we use on the ice in a shuttle. Love all 3 of them. I went with the Garmin Livescope plus with LVS 34. It’s unbelievable once you start fishing with it. On the ice it’s worth every cent.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2023, 10:18 AM »
For $3,250 for the ice bundle it better be good.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2023, 02:49 PM »

I've been a 'Bird fan forever but it's impossible to deny that Garmin has superior live imaging to any of the others.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2023, 02:52 PM »
I've been a 'Bird fan forever but it's impossible to deny that Garmin has superior live imaging to any of the others.

X2!!

Offline prov1ml

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:39 PM »
For $3,250 for the ice bundle it better be good.

Thorne Bros has it on sale now for $500 off. I'd be jumping all over that but I want a 10" screen and the summit shuttle.

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2023, 05:31 AM »
Thorne Bros has it on sale now for $500 off. I'd be jumping all over that but I want a 10" screen and the summit shuttle.

piece it together.  I believe 10 inch screen can be had for $999 still. If not bass pro will most likely have it available during spring sale again.  the plus to bass pro is usually on a tuesday the run 10% off with their credit card and no interest for 12 months, can also use rakuten to get a % back, sometimes 10% cash back

Offline prov1ml

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2023, 02:59 PM »
piece it together.  I believe 10 inch screen can be had for $999 still. If not bass pro will most likely have it available during spring sale again.  the plus to bass pro is usually on a tuesday the run 10% off with their credit card and no interest for 12 months, can also use rakuten to get a % back, sometimes 10% cash back

Just ordered the 34 this morning with the Cabela's 10% off promo that was sitting in my email this morning! If I go with the 106vs graph what batteries are people running? I have a 18ah lithium I was using with my PS22 unit but I'm wondering if I shouldn't get a larger one for this unit.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 03, 2023, 05:52 AM »
Just ordered the 34 this morning with the Cabela's 10% off promo that was sitting in my email this morning! If I go with the 106vs graph what batteries are people running? I have a 18ah lithium I was using with my PS22 unit but I'm wondering if I shouldn't get a larger one for this unit.
I have a 32amp lithium, so far it is getting the job done. I had run 2-10amp lithiums tied together for 4 seasons with the LVS32, they were not always enough.

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2023, 06:44 AM »

I seen yesterday the bass tank still has the 106 for 999.

Offline rgwaldron

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walleye fisherman
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2023, 12:04 PM »
It is hard to be very scientific on how much better the LVS34 transducer is on clarity since I did a major upgrade on the head unit at the same time (a lot more pixels), but for whatever reason, it is clearer.  What I can say is that the LVS34 does do better at distance/depth than the LVS32.  Since I fish for lake trout which are generally very deep, the additional depth that I can see the trout in itself makes the upgrade worthwhile to me.

What head unit did you go with? I'm thinking of switching too and using the 93sv for navigation in my boat.

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2023, 12:12 PM »
What head unit did you go with? I'm thinking of switching too and using the 93sv for navigation in my boat.

go with the 106 if you can swing it.  I had 2- 93s on the boat and last year during cabelas spring classic I bought a 106.  the 106 is a lot bigger screen, more pixels and better processor.  Plus the 106 has 2 ethernet ports so you can network everything together.  Now I have a 93 on the bow and put the 106 and a 93 at the wheel.  the 93 at the wheel I just use for nav.

Offline rgwaldron

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walleye fisherman
« Reply #19 on: Feb 03, 2023, 02:24 PM »
I like the extra network port, but is the display noticeably better?

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2023, 05:46 PM »
I went with the 943XSV this time, a lot more pixels than the 93's.  I would have liked to have gotten a 10" screen, but with all the remote lakes I snowmobile to, it would be that much more space it would take up on my my machine, it is usually loaded to the gills the way it is.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Feb 05, 2023, 07:36 AM »

Also a lake trout guy.  The 32 was decent to about 100ft with smaller jigs.  Never had an issue with seeing lakers.  The UHD unit and 34 seems to be the way to be.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.