Author Topic: Buckskin has ICE!!!!!  (Read 2124 times)

Offline rodeomarine21

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Go big or go Home
Buckskin has ICE!!!!!
« on: Dec 14, 2007, 10:41 PM »
Just got home from Buckskin bout 2 hours ago. Fished a few hours up there and didn't catch much. good ice about 6-7 inches maybe 2 inches of snow on top.
Semper Fish Devil Dogs

Offline falcon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GAME ON!!!
Re: Buckskin has ICE!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2007, 05:34 PM »
Rodeomarine:
How is Buckskin these days? I used to fish it a few years back. Norfolk is where I grew up, my dad still lives there.
Live for Ice Fishing!!!

Offline rodeomarine21

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Go big or go Home
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2007, 07:00 PM »
It was a little slow but the walleyes picked up around sundown. I used a little custom jig I bought from Norm at Fisherman's in South Sioux. Great Duck hunting this year. I got out there around the end of duck season and shot my limit of mallards.
Semper Fish Devil Dogs

Offline falcon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GAME ON!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007, 07:30 AM »
Do you ever fish Chalk Rock? It used to be really good for Bass, Crappie, Walleyes. Not sure about anymore though.
Live for Ice Fishing!!!

Offline Tracya

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:37 PM »
Rodeomarine, I have fished Buckskin a few times and only caught one accidental walleye.  Do you catch them alone the rocks?  Also, anyone know where to find perch in the area?

Offline rodeomarine21

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Go big or go Home
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2007, 07:48 PM »
I caught them in the canal where the main lake goes into the creek. A good perch lake is Spirit Lake in Iowa. Also, FALCON I never fished the ice up there before. I might try it this weekend I took my last college final for this semester about an hour ago. If I do make it up there I'll post an Ice report for it. Take it easy fellas and ladies and see ya on the ice.
Semper Fish Devil Dogs

Offline cool_husker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GO BIG RED!!! HUSKERS RULE!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Any big walleye or numbers? The one and only time I have seen walleye come out of there was about 17 years ago I took a buddy there when we were in high school and he caught seven all around 2-4 pounds. I did hear a kid caught one in the creek that flows out of there down by newcastle. I have caught some big pike in the spill way below. The only place I have ever caught perch around there is in lake yankton. I could tell you where to catch some big crappies around Ponca but it is a private pond. I read the nebraska post and look at the ice thinkness and laugh it is over to foot thick and growing here. Two extentions on the auger by march.
Good luck.

Offline benson78

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never surrender
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2007, 02:26 AM »
Quit rubbing it in C.H.

Offline falcon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GAME ON!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Any big walleye or numbers? The one and only time I have seen walleye come out of there was about 17 years ago I took a buddy there when we were in high school and he caught seven all around 2-4 pounds. I did hear a kid caught one in the creek that flows out of there down by newcastle. I have caught some big pike in the spill way below. The only place I have ever caught perch around there is in lake yankton. I could tell you where to catch some big crappies around Ponca but it is a private pond. I read the nebraska post and look at the ice thinkness and laugh it is over to foot thick and growing here. Two extentions on the auger by march.
Good luck.
It would be nice to have 1/2 of that ice here. :icefish:
Live for Ice Fishing!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.