Author Topic: "Jiff--eeeee the Snowman, had a very happy day"  (Read 1723 times)

Offline hawgerdawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
"Jiff--eeeee the Snowman, had a very happy day"
« on: Dec 25, 2007, 09:20 PM »

Merry Christmas from me,  my 4-year-old son and "Jiffy the Snowman"! The latter was born out of a slow fishing day yesterday ...

Did manage to ice one pike and a few bluegills on our Christmas Eve outing ... regardless of the outcome, I'll always remember it as a great day!! Great times.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." --Unknown

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: "Jiff--eeeee the Snowman, had a very happy day"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2007, 09:24 PM »
haha I remember making snowmen on the ice as a kid. When I would catch a nice fish, id let it freeze and then make the snowman pose with it
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline hawgerdawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2007, 11:31 PM »
Yep, it was definitely a highlight for him! We had fun rummaging through the sled and tackle box finding things to make up "Jiffy's" features. Can ya'll tell us what we used?

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." --Unknown

Offline TMFLDEM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2007, 07:02 AM »
lol looks like a good time...

I see an augercover for a hat, some bobbers for eyes and nose, some hand-wind rods for arms, holding a rod/reel combo in one hand and a skimmer in the other..

very creative.. nice work that will make a slow day a little more interesting

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.