Author Topic: Summit Fishing Report!?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Clunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
Summit Fishing Report!?
« on: Jan 15, 2011, 10:48 AM »
Has any of you hardwater anglers been catching anything up at Summit!? Been a slower than normal year!  Any reports out there!?
Maybe a rookie at this game but willing to travel for the BITE....
Jiffy Pro4 8 in auger Clam Yukon Marcum LX 5 Muck boots. Xwife got the 4wheeler so I'm dragging it if I cant drive on the lake....

Offline double T

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Summit Fishing Report!?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2011, 11:21 AM »
I went out last week and caught a couple of gills and 1 bass over a 4 hour period.  i did not mark hardly and fish, i am starting to believe that summit was over fished this spring and summer.  Last year i marked alot of fish and that is what i'm basing all of my observations on, this year i don't see fish on the camera or mark them on the vexilar.

Offline Clunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2011, 05:38 PM »
I have to tend to agree with you!  I know a group of anglers that pulled out close to 1200 gills lastyear during the winter months..  Someone also said this weekend was good for crappies and walleyes along the north damn site!  Theres supposably a large flat with brush on it holding fish... Havent yet been up there doesnt make sense to spend 3.00 gas if the fish arent biting!
Jiffy Pro4 8 in auger Clam Yukon Marcum LX 5 Muck boots. Xwife got the 4wheeler so I'm dragging it if I cant drive on the lake....

Offline akult

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2011, 08:15 AM »
Hit Summit a couple of weekends ago, we only pulled a few crappie in 6 hours of fishing. The fishing seemed okay during open water. Maybe they are playing a good game of hide-n-seek, I always sucked at that game.
If its frozen, they will come

Offline Todd_NE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2011, 08:53 AM »
I have to tend to agree with you!  I know a group of anglers that pulled out close to 1200 gills lastyear during the winter months..  Someone also said this weekend was good for crappies and walleyes along the north damn site!  Theres supposably a large flat with brush on it holding fish... Havent yet been up there doesnt make sense to spend 3.00 gas if the fish arent biting!

1,200 Gills - seems reasonable  ??? >:(

That's the part where you call the warden to check for possession limit.

Todd

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:17 PM »

That's 120 limits of gills at 10 per day, which was the gill limit on that lake last winter.   :o

Offline Chuck_Tritz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:32 PM »
1,200 Gills - seems reasonable  ??? >:(

That's the part where you call the warden to check for possession limit.

Todd

Nobody said they didn't throw em back after they pulled em out...

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Nobody said they didn't throw em back after they pulled em out...

::) ::)

Offline double T

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:47 PM »
One comment from fishing this summer i took my boys out ages 9 and 6 and we saw a few anglers carry out 5 gallon buckets of fish and they asked why we don't keep any.  My response was because of those people that take that many fish.  I questioned one individual that had a bucket full about fish limits  and he got fairly sharp with me and thought i would let it go. 

Offline Clunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2011, 11:54 PM »
1200 fish in a ice season, when theres a group of guys 10 to 12 at a time going isnt unreasonable at all!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.