Author Topic: 1/15 Czechland report  (Read 890 times)

Offline tipups10

• IceShanty Rookie
1/15 Czechland report
« on: Jan 16, 2011, 12:09 AM »
Starting fishing at 3:00 pm, 20 feet of water,400 yard west of the dam, 30s yard off the bank on the south side. Fished until 8:00 pm -one Bluegill. We used a number of different jigs with wax worms, we marked fish with the flashers but could not get anything to bite. I spoke with the other anglers out there and they had the same story.

Offline kylerprochaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 1/15 Czechland report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2011, 10:49 AM »
I was there about a week ago when Lubben came down and checked our licenses... he told us that the gizzard shad have been taking over.

Offline tipups10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:53 PM »
That sucks, I had to google gizzard shad to find everything out about them, does not sound good.

Offline Eastwesterner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:34 PM »
You've got to get on a tree pile if they're not biting.  That lake is still full of fish.  I hit it early on, but the bigger crappie and gills were hard to come by.  If you find one of the big piles of trees they sunk two years ago you will catch fish there.  I did notice alot of dead shad under the ice.  I would suggest hitting it on the clear ice so you can see the bubbles from the rotting trees.  Take a gps and you'll be on fish everytime on that lake. ;)
Where's the ice

Offline tipups10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2011, 10:10 PM »
Thanks EASTWEST for the tip on the clear ice and bubbles, now I just have to find those trees, may not happen this season but good to know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.