Author Topic: Jiggler Rod  (Read 412 times)

Offline ruttinbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
Jiggler Rod
« on: Feb 21, 2017, 09:52 PM »
How about some pro's and con's on jiggler rods.
Thanks

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Jiggler Rod
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2017, 10:04 PM »
Con: water drawn within from the line.     ???

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2017, 06:33 AM »
Love the rod hate the reel. Had lots of problems with it just letting out line. no matter how you tightened it up. Had to put a rubber band on the handle to the pole to stop it. So i bought some wood handles and some stillfish reels and cut off the dang reel. Cleaned the handle off by razor knife then sanded it down. Epoxied the new wood handles on then added the still fish reel. Boom Pulsator type rod. Have enjoyed catching lots and lots of Crappie and Bluegills on them now. Oh i had the light version of the jiggler.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2017, 09:34 AM »
As UFCreel mentioned the pulsator is a better rod, if you can find one. Jiggler will get the job done though.

Offline Watertooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2017, 07:39 PM »
I have the 48" Jiggler and the 54" Pulsator. I use each one about equally as much as the other - whatever I grab first. Each line holder (reel) has its pros and cons, but they both signal a bite, set a hook well, and are fun to use. The Jiggler reel is more susceptible to having the line slip out of the spool and get tangled, but once I learned to pay attention, it's not a big deal.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.