The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: We need more Montana members on this site!  (Read 1457 times)

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We need more Montana members on this site!
« on: Mar 08, 2007, 11:36 AM »
I know we don't live in the most populated state, but we need more Montanans on Ice Shanty. Look at all of the members from Pennsylvania and New York. With more members, we can exchange more info on the great sport of ice fishing. It would be nice if we could get the message across on Montana Outdoor Radio Show or something.

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: We need more Montana members on this site!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2007, 01:22 PM »
New to this site, but I'll give you any info I have...I'm  from Helena

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2007, 01:47 PM »
I would be more then happy to ask Mark Ward to mention it on the radio.  Or perhaps i or someone else could mention it ourselves during a call in?   However I'm not sure if he will like it to much as he has his own decent fishing chat on his site www.montanaoutdoor.com.. But I'll run it by him when i see Mark next week.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Yep you do.  I keep watching and hoping Id hear something that would lure me across the line.   You usually have better ice then we do.   Good luck.

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2007, 10:21 AM »
our ice has been pretty good on Canyon Ferry adn other places, but with our current weather pattern, there won't be ice much longer. :sick:

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2007, 08:48 PM »
How do we get the Shanty to throw in some sponsorship goodies to some of the Local Ice tourneys?  That would definitely get the numbers up around here...

Good Fishing :tipup:

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2007, 01:23 AM »
I am sure there are a lot of people from Montana who read but don't post.  The problem with most Montana web sites that I have seen is that a lot of the people are not friendly and a lot of bickering goes on.  I used to go to the Montana Outdoor website a lot but now I never post.  The thing I like about this site is they do not allow anonymous or guest user posts.  Therefore, everyone is kind of tied to their registered account.  It makes people think a little about thier posts, except for davisj and his wahoos. 

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.