Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 229136 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2940 on: Aug 24, 2023, 06:39 AM »
56* and sunny.

Eddie, "slow and steady", you have a lot of support.

IW, sorry to hear the news, hang in there.

Drifter, all good news and have fun fishing.

WW, safe travels, heard there may be some afternoon showers.

WS, sounds like an apple pie in the making.

9 walleyes (5 keepers) kept 2 17" and a 20" for Bill and Sally. Also 3 smb and 2 rock bass. I cleaned the walleyes, Sally gave me 2 pieces of apple pie and 2 pieces of pumpkin pie.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2941 on: Aug 24, 2023, 11:07 AM »
Eddie, glad you are on the mend and understand the wanting to keep it in, we are all like that at times, glad all is going well and will keep the prayers going for you on the recovery and all going in the right direction and then we will be hearing about the fishing trips this winter.

IW sorry to hear about it all, continued prayers for the upcoming surgery.

Well been a busy week working just trying to stay ahead of it all and get ready for the daughters birthday sleep over and then camping for her actual birthday the next weekend, cannot believe we have only one more weekend and Labor day is on us, August went fast.  have a great Thursday everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2942 on: Aug 24, 2023, 09:01 PM »
Good evening cloudy skies for majority of daylight hours off-on light rain.
Eddie thankyou for sharing your battle with us my prayers and best wishes added to rest of 9:45's .
Ice wanderer sorry to read you and Donna are having problems may you be able to work things out. Looks like you are set for the surgery may it go well when the date arrives .
Wallyworld may it have been problem free trips for all of you today. Good that you will get to see your granddaughter before the university's Winter break .
Drifter thank you for the wildfire updates may things improve glad that both of your properties are good at this time. Enjoy the fishing trip best wished for you and your friends.
IFF be careful with the wood cutting and other outside work during the warm spell in your area.
Old Goat may things be good with you and the family. I hope your mother has adjusted to life at the health care facility .
OldSailor may everything also be good for you and your family .
Whooper glad for you all went well with the gun club and "Elm" tree jobs. I do not know the conversion of gallons to bushels but think your sister is set for a while with apples. You received a nice meal in return for your work . How long before the bear and deer season's open in WI. I know you want to clear more of the trails and improve your shooting lanes before taking the stands.
Hunts2long congratulations on a good day of fishing. I'm assuming Bill and Sally are your brother and S-I-L . Homemade pie is always a treat.
Fish?hunt4ever Early Happy Birthday wishes sent for your daughter.

Have a good night. Best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2943 on: Aug 25, 2023, 04:28 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

64 degrees heading into the mid 80's later today.

Just a quick "Hello" before heading to the shack to bait. On my return trip I am stopping at my sister's for a couple hours to give her a hand with a few things.

I got a call from a guy last night about a 3-4 day job I looked at a couple months ago. He wants me to start it on Monday ??? My wife wasn't happy when I told the guy OK.

mr.clean...about Sept 16 for bear season. Dogs get the first 6 days this year.

WW....hope team WW had a good trip home :thumbsup:

Continued prayers for Eddie :bow:

Hope you all have a good Friday :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2944 on: Aug 25, 2023, 05:02 AM »
61* and cloudy, may get some more showers later today.

WS, you are staying pretty busy with the tree business. How long a drive is it to the shack?

Mr. C, Sally and Bill live about 2 miles down the road. They are both in their mid to late 80's and have lived in the same house 50+ years. My old fishing buddy lived next door to them and supplied the walleyes until he passed about 8 years ago so I took over.

Eddie, thoughts are with you. You watching some of the LLWS, don't bother watching the Yankees. I watch the LLWS just to see some good baseball.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2945 on: Aug 25, 2023, 05:10 AM »
WS, you are staying pretty busy with the tree business. How long a drive is it to the shack?

80 miles. 

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2946 on: Aug 25, 2023, 05:54 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 58* and cloudy/foggy here on my hill. ::)
                          H2l.........You did well the other day. :flex: It's nice of you to take over where your fishing buddy left off. :thumbsup:
                          Marv.......Maybe you ought to listen to Jo, it sounds like a big job and you don't need to overdo it. :blink: Have a good trip to "The Shack"
                          Fish........August did fly by. :whistle:
                          Wally......I hope your trip home was problem free. :unsure:
                          Bud........Take it easy with the chain saw in that heat. :blink:
                          Steve......I'm getting tired of all this rain, aren't you. :cookoo: A friend told me that an old timer around here says if the swamps are full, we are
                going have a snowy winter. And they are full. :whistle:
                          I have my house and my wood pile one arm ready for my upcoming surgery. But I have a bad feeling, yesterday I had to go check on something
                for my neighbor and when I got home there was a message from the surgical coordinator to call her, I called back but it was late in the day and she didn't
                answer her phone. I hope there isn't any problems with anything.
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW 

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2947 on: Aug 25, 2023, 06:21 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....fingers crossed there's no bad news from that call  :-\

H2L.....kudos for sharing the walleyes with your neighbors  :bow: :thumbsup:

MrC.....this rainy weather is getting old  >:(

WS.....safe travels, hope all is good at the shack  :)   ( no comment on the upcoming tree job  :-X )

IFF.....don't overdo it in the heat  :nono:

Traffic was the worst ever coming home yesterday, one minute you're doing 80 just to keep from getting run over, the next minute you're standing still  :wacko: :cookoo:  hoping today's drive to Lake Erie is better  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2948 on: Aug 25, 2023, 07:27 AM »
Good morning folks!!Eddie you hang in there and let us know how it's going when you can!! :flex: :thumbsup: :bow: Our rain has been enough for the tomatoes and peppers to grow like crazy!! The best I've had here!! And the grass is loving the rain and heat!!! I've been loving my new zero turn mower! Last day or two we've had Heat Warnings and with my lung problems I'm an indoor guy for a while! Went to get some bloodwork done early this morning (0630) and it was 80* already!! Everyone take care, be healthy, and pray for Eddie!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2949 on: Aug 25, 2023, 09:44 AM »
Good morning ER’s woke at 6:00 (central time zone) rolled over and went back to sleep. First item on my todo list is putting a rack of ribs in the smoker. Then a coffee and think about what next

Edit had to go to insurance office, finally got that straightened out

Back home and put a pork tenderloin in smoker with the ribs 😁🤠

Will tackle a small blown down oak close to house. Pat not to worry got plenty gator aid to keep hydrated 😀
Bud

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2950 on: Aug 25, 2023, 05:49 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2951 on: Aug 25, 2023, 05:53 PM »
This little lady wandered into my buddies place a little while ago for a snack.  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2952 on: Aug 25, 2023, 05:56 PM »
Dave yo you call that little 😱
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2953 on: Aug 25, 2023, 06:39 PM »
Godd evening/late afternonn for those in mountain and Pacific time zones. started the day with rain then skies cleared by early afternoon now getting cloudy once more. Tomorrow is the surprise luncheon for my cousin and her husband to celebrate their  50 Th wedding anniversary. looking forward to seeing some of my extended family one of my cousins is coming from St. Albans ,VT. with her oldest son . I last saw them  30 years ago at a family runion the son was a pre-teen back then now has two or three adult children of his own. Busy day between house cleaning and running some errands. both my Sister and B-I-L's birthdays are next month so have their presents wraped and cards filled out will see them tomorrow. they are coming here and we will drive to the luncheon together. reason for the house cleaning.

Whopper Stopper may you have gotten to the "Shack" safely and other then the downed trees found things in good shape. Thank you for answering my question on bear hunting season opening date in WI .  Pace yourself with this week's tree work especially if the high temperatures and humidity are still in your rea.
Hunts2long, thank you for the info. on Bill and sally very nice of you to continue your friends practice of providing them with walleye fillets .
Ice Wanderer may your surgery still be ago once you talk with the surgical coordinator . tahnkfully on some of the days you "up-state  folks had rain it was dry here by me. may the old-timer's saying not hold true to much snow makes for more work when ice fishing  not to mention digging out to go ice fishing .
wallyworld to bad you hit stop and go traffic on your trip home yesterday. I see Michigan is having some severe weather may it not affect you Granddaughter or Tomturkey's section of the state.
OldSailor belive both tomatoes and pepppers like moist/humid nd hot weather . smart to stay inside during the high het and humidity especially when dealing with lung problems .
IFF at least your got something onto the smoker ejoy the pork tenderlion when it is done smoking . good to read you have the insurance issue resoved. like Whopper Stopper pace yourself with the tree work.
Drifter if only it was open season and your buddy had a cow tag. :whistle: . Good amount of meat on the hoof there in his yard . Safe travel and best to all of you on the fishing trip.
Eddie may it have been a good week for you. have a nice weekend .

while let me due  little more vacuuming before it get's any later and I disturb my neighbors. one of the issues of living in /at a condo complex.

Take care, stay safe. have a good weekend . Best to all fishing
     Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2954 on: Aug 25, 2023, 07:09 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

All was well at the shack, the heat slowed things down some.

Have a good evening.

WS

i=757DkJXrKoz5iJ01

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2955 on: Aug 26, 2023, 06:13 AM »
62* and cloudy.

WS, another fine production, thanks.

WW, I guess the end of summer rush is here. We have to go to NYC on Tuesday. Hope you had some luck on the water.

IW, hope you had some good news with the doctor.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2956 on: Aug 26, 2023, 06:34 AM »
Good morning ER’s coffee sure tastes good this morning must be because the outside temperature is sitting at 70

My forecast has possible 4 days of some rain so if I am going to get anything done outside I better get after it, will check in later to see what everyone is up too
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2957 on: Aug 26, 2023, 02:49 PM »
Well didn’t get too excited about loading logs by myself , just loaded 3 and called it good enough for today

Bud

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2958 on: Aug 26, 2023, 05:06 PM »

Back at it in the morning !!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2959 on: Aug 26, 2023, 05:49 PM »
Nice fish WW, looks like a good outing.
Nice day today but not on the water been out running tanks of fuel through the chainsaw getting ready for the winter. They say another long and cold one here so might be able to sell some minnows this year, need to go and see if I can trap some bigger ones. Well better get moving and get some stuff for dinner going as the daughter wants everyone to make their own personal pizzas,have pepperoni and Canadian bacon for topping. Have a great one everyone.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2960 on: Aug 27, 2023, 06:10 AM »
61* and some clouds around.

WW, some nice walleyes, looks like you had a very good trip WEST.

IFF, looks like the log job is coming along.

Eddie, I hoping California can keep up the good work in the LLWS. Hope you are feeling better.

Well, where did this Summer go, tonight I go to FREE bowling and the league starts in 2 weeks.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2961 on: Aug 27, 2023, 07:43 AM »
Humm almost a hundred pages already

WW wow some dandy catching  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not much of anything on my planner for today except giving my “shadow” a bath he must have attracted a bunch of fleas  ::)  :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

FH4 pizza sounds like a good idea

Enjoy your day
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2962 on: Aug 27, 2023, 11:16 AM »
Good day. currently reading 70 on my balcony thermometer with 60 percent humidity and a light breeze with partly cloudy skies. Yesterday's surprise 50 Th wedding anniversary party was a nice affair around fifty people .Good to see some of my extended family and catch up on their lives. We were able to surprise the anniversary couple their younger daughter is leaving this coming week for a trip to South America with her fiancé .So she was drooping of her dog for them to baby sit and her older sister had a story for why she was visiting. It is a struggle for me to switch from being awake/active during the overnight hours to schedule most of the world is on so after cleaning up my apartment went to bed around midnight with the plan I would get up around 8 Am on Saturday morning to wash dishes and due a final vacuuming. While woke up at 3Am and could not get back to sleep so wash/mopped my kitchen and bathroom floors got back to bed round 5 AM and forgot to set my alarm clock . Thankfully i woke up at 10 AM called my sister as she and my B-I=L would be leaving their home in northern new Jersey at this time to come to my home and then we would drive to the party together asked to arrive before the party start time of 1 pm. So a little scrambling on my part but everything worked out and we arrive at the restaurant around twenty minutes to one.
Wallyworld congratulations to you,Mr.WW and your friend for having a good day fishing lake Erie.  :clap: :thumbsup:
IFF may the flea bath take care of Shadow's problem . Good to hear you are pacing yourself with the tree work . My cousin (the bride) at yesterday's Anniversary party has an older brother who lives somewhere in your state he did not make the trip to attend party his son who lives in my area of NY. said last time he spoke with his dad it was 100 degrees in his section of TN . .
Hunts2long Summers and the years do go by quickly it was 31 years since I had last seen one of the relatives at the Anniversary party their with her oldest son who I remembered as a young child now has a family of his on and one granddaughter.
Whopper Stopper good to hear all is well at the shack thank you for the video footage. I thought this years fawn's would be weened by now looks like the one in video is still trying to nurse at times . One good sized bear visiting the bait station may you get a shot at him when the season opens this year.
Eddie may you be doing well and enjoying the little League world series or have found some other activity to pass time as you recover from the surgery.
Ice Wanderer may you receive good news when you talk with the surgical coordinator tomorrow.  I hope this weekend work has not caused any soreness in the shoulder.
Fish/hunt4ever may your daughter and others at her birthday party have all enjoyed the personal pizza's .

I took a look at when Raquettedacker/Dom start the New 9:45 thread it was on October 11 Th of 2022. SO we should be closing in on 125 pages by the first year anniversary . This and a few other long running/high page number threads were given new versions to create more server space. I believe the old/original 9:45 thread was up to 975 pages when it was closed and archived .

May everyone have a good Sunday.
  Steve

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2963 on: Aug 27, 2023, 05:32 PM »
No fishing today, stupid weather  :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2964 on: Aug 27, 2023, 06:48 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Finally able to get on the site. I hope everyone had a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2965 on: Aug 27, 2023, 08:49 PM »
Well the beef roundup went long for the wife and the daughter and her friends had a good time and made their pizzas and had a good time we got home around 11. Took them to the lake but before we did they wanted to go to the movies today and the Meg 2 that they wanted to see was sold out so we got them tickets for the new barbie movie and then we went out and played at the lake for a bit, the wind came up and we loaded up after only about an hour and a half out there, rain and wind came up and put a end to the day, but the kids needed to head to get to the show anyways. We were hoping to fish for a bit and then the wind stopped and the day got nice about an hour after we left and got home. But it sounds like the kids did not like the barbie movie but had a great weekend. Hope everyone else did as well, have a good night everyone.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2966 on: Aug 28, 2023, 04:47 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello as were heading to the local lake (Oneida) this morning  :thumbsup:  hopefully I'll have some pics later  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2967 on: Aug 28, 2023, 05:32 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                             It's 51* and clear. ::)
                             Wally.........I hope you have a good day out on Oneida. :thumbsup:
                             Fish...........I'm glad that everyone had a good time at the beef roundup. :clap:
                             Steve.........It's amazing how time flies and families grow up. :o I'm glad you had a good time. :thumbsup: I have another blood work appointment
               tomorrow, I won't find out till Wednesday. :blink: But I'm doing my best to keep from eating a lot of food with potassium and drinking a lot of water. :whistle:
                             H2l............This summer sure did fly by, the weather sucked that's for sure. :cookoo: I hope your team is ready to take the league by storm. :flex:
                             Bud...........Those pesky fleas, you might think about getting a fumigating kit and doing the house. :whistle:
                             Marv..........I'm glad everything went well at "The Shack". Thanks for the video. :clap:
                             I-45...........It's nice to see you post, it's been awhile. I hope everything is going Ok. How is Mr. Dickens? ???
                             Eddie.........I hope you are gaining on your recovery. :flex:
                             My weekend job is winding down, I don't think we are working this coming weekend, and probly one more day, the 9th. My neighbor is going on
                vacation to Maine on the 10th. Then my surgery is the 14th.
                             I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stat Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2968 on: Aug 28, 2023, 06:11 AM »
Good Morning, 53* and cloudy.

WW, good luck today!

Bowling went well but I feel it this morning.

Not much planned for today, rest up for the trip down to the city.

LLWS game ended with a BANG. Grand Slam to tie California and then home run for California to win, both I missed because I had to leave for bowling.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2969 on: Aug 28, 2023, 11:10 AM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 72 degrees and sunny. Had several procedures for kidney stones and back surgery. My wife is doing ok. Still having Memory issues.

WallyWorld, Good luck today. Looking to seeing pictures.

Hunts2long, Hope you have a restful day. That’s good bowling went well.

Ice Wanderer, Mr Dickens is doing well, Thank you for asking. I’ve taken him out fishing a couple of times. We’ve gotten skunked but it was nice to be outside after procedures.

I’m going to keep everyone in my prayers. I hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.