Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 228842 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2790 on: Aug 07, 2023, 08:56 PM »
Good evening ER's logged on today but forgot to post. Bud condolences to your family. Drifter fantastic job on your cabin. Wishing all well. Mom is still transitioning at memory care but seems a little less resistant to the change with each day.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2791 on: Aug 07, 2023, 09:07 PM »
A little smokey here today.
This is a fire SE of Yellowknife.
Bottom right on the first image.
The one NE of my cabin is starting to become worrisome.
Winds are going to be pretty high this week but mostly South and Southeast which should move the fire Northward.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2792 on: Aug 07, 2023, 10:43 PM »
Well had a good lunchnwith the coworkers today, had the pork enchiladas. Then had a fillet at the roadhouse tonight. Maybe tomorrow will try the chorizo chicken. Another busy day checking out the ICP and running lots of samples, we make sulfuric acid at the plants, so going to be a good paycheck for the government maybe pay down some debt. Well better get to bed for the 6 hours of sleep I can get now. Here are the 3 choices that I think I will have all of by the time is over down here.

This was the middle one I had for dinner the other night. Take care everyone. Oh and glad you had some good fish tacos drifter. Hopefully more to come.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2793 on: Aug 08, 2023, 06:41 AM »
65* cloudy and muggy.

IW, I am sure the deer are there, just not a lot of fields around this area to see them in.

Drifter, thanks for sharing the pictures of the fires, stay safe.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2794 on: Aug 08, 2023, 07:20 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....hope the back's feeling better this morning  ;)

Drifter.....scary times for sure, stay safe  :pinch:

H2L....fingers crossed for some better fishing weather again soon  ::)

FH4.....ot $$ and good food  ???  sounds like a win win   :woot:

MrC.....hope there no damage in your area from last night's storms  :unsure:

WS.....thanks for the explanation of the bait piles  :)  another law that keeps you wondering "what the heck were they thinking"  :wacko:

OG.....hope your Mom gets settled into a comfortable routine soon  :)

IFF.....not a bad idea to have someone around while hanging out on a ladder/roof  :whistle:

Some pretty intense storms passed thru the area last night, luckily only minor property damages reported  :o  picked up another 1 & 1/2" of rain  ::)
rain continuing today  :cookoo:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2795 on: Aug 08, 2023, 12:05 PM »
WW right. Then they can hand whatever I drop back to me……saves a lot of up and down steps  ::)  :whistle: :whistle: :unsure:

Heard from the farm that while under tornado watch Monday 10:00 AM is when the power went off, not back until 5:00 PM and the nearby state park is closed due to downed trees
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2796 on: Aug 08, 2023, 09:02 PM »
good evening, pleasant day here with a high in the mid. seventies dropping down to the sixties overnight with 10-20 mph winds. Tomorrow's forecast calling for a high temperature of 85. I called Eddie between 7-7:30 left a message maybe my phone call will prompt him to post. I see asylum seekers getting more news coverage of late NYC mayor Eric Adams has announced plans to house some of the migrants at Randall's island as the need for housing continues also the city's and school district in counties migrants were sent to now trying to figure out how many additional students they will have and how to deal with the langue barrier.
Old Goat may your mother get more comfortable the longer she is in Memory care .
Drifter may the winds not have brought the wild fire closer to your cabin' location or the city of Yellow Knife .
Fish/hunt4ever enjoy the food at your location in Tulsa. May the ICP work properly and test samples show product to meet your company's and industry standards .
Hunts2long similar situation with deer by me lots of vegetation for them to hide in during the day. Also something has changed in the area around my complex past two years seeing less deer activity. In past years you would see them feeding at different times of the day and does with their fawns .
Wallyworld the thunderstorms never materialized last night. I see 30 miles south of Syracuse there may have been a tornado. May all be good with you and MR.WW and his fellow firefighters not have gone on to many service calls .
IFF may all be good at the farm and minimal damage across the state of Tennessee .

Take care do your best to stay safe and healthy . best to all with fishing plans this week.
  Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2797 on: Aug 08, 2023, 10:27 PM »
Well it has rained here the last couple of nights, got woken up by hail the first night and last night was the thunder. Been interesting as they say it has been dry down here for weeks and all the sudden rain, with lighting and all. They are worried about power outages but did not have any, knock on wood, but said they have had them when it was hot and dry. Operators think since it was so hot that everyone running AC and that was overloading the system. Well today was hard and trying to get things squared away. But hopefully making headway. Have a good night everyone. Hope hump day starts out good for all of you.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2798 on: Aug 09, 2023, 02:51 AM »
Good morning. Looks like I’m the only one on at this time. May as well fire up the coffee pot.

Got some pictures from the area close to the “farm “. Yup a mess to clean up, one place about 1 mile away had one of their work trucks smashed and tree took out their bathroom

Problem at my place water had to be turned off. Got shook up enough water coming out from under the fridge and not finding it’s shut off valve    Always something when you not around.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2799 on: Aug 09, 2023, 05:17 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....sorry to hear about the weather related issues at the farm  :(

FH4.....hope your day goes well  ;)

MrC.....the fire departments around the area were pretty busy during/after the storm  ::)

I was going to attach a pic of the tornado but seems the add photo link is missing this morning  ???

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2800 on: Aug 09, 2023, 05:18 AM »
And now it's back  :blink: :unsure:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2801 on: Aug 09, 2023, 05:36 AM »
Good morning everyone!

Another mid 80 day here, the guessers  are calling for rain by weeks end :whistle:

I am off to my Sisters for a day of sorting and hauling used oil and old chemicals.

I have to meet a guy at 10am who wants to buy one of my Sisters chain saws.

WW...awesome picture.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2802 on: Aug 09, 2023, 06:28 AM »
62* and a few clouds.

WW, thanks for the picture, don't want to see one in person. I am starting to get concerned about Eddie.

Mr. C, I took the back road into the village yesterday, they have cleared a spot to build a house and there were 2 does and 2 fawns feeding. There are around.

I see someone hit the Mega last night, my ticket WAS not the one, did have the MEGA # for $2 so I broke even.

Have some things to do around here, this weekend we are going to the family reunion out near Rochester, the wife's brother flew into town from AZ. He is driving up here to spend a few days next week, OH BOY!

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2804 on: Aug 09, 2023, 01:58 PM »
BUMMER!!!!!! :woot: :blink: :wacko: :cookoo: :%$#!:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2805 on: Aug 09, 2023, 03:14 PM »
It’s finally home !!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2806 on: Aug 09, 2023, 04:12 PM »
WW is that a zero turn machine ?

Dave bummer on all those fires, most of them as a results of lightning strikes ?

Picture of neighbors work truck, glad it’s not my mess to clean up

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2807 on: Aug 09, 2023, 04:14 PM »
It’s finally home !!

You will be styling and looking fine!

What a nice rig  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2808 on: Aug 09, 2023, 04:35 PM »
Yeah Bud.
Mostly lightning.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2809 on: Aug 09, 2023, 05:46 PM »
No not zero turn

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2810 on: Aug 09, 2023, 08:10 PM »
Good evening everyone, I called Eddie again tonight around 7 pm left a message. He returned my call around 8pm. Ed had just gotten home from the hospital thanks all of you for your concern I will leave it to him what he wants to share with the world since this thread is viewable to anyone exploring the website. He is tired but in a good mood said if he can stay awake might try to post tonight otherwise, he will get on-line in the morning.
Drifter thank you for the Cabin radio link did not realize how many wildfires there are this season in the NWT. Best wished to you and your lake neighbors. May you not have to use the sprinkler system.
IFF sorry to read there was violent weather back in TN. Glad your neighbor is safe to bad about his truck. May you find little damage to your "farm once you get back to TN .
Wallyworld I believe Raquettedacker posted the same photo of the Veron tornado in one of the weather threads. Good to hear you have the larger lawn mower back. Thank you to Mr.WW and his fellow firefighters for their service to the community. May there not be too much storm damage in the greater Utica-Syracuse area.
Whopper Stopper told Ed about all the car batteries your B-I-L had collected he had a chuckle. May you have been able to dispose of the used motor oil and old chemicals . He wishes you and your sister well with cleaning up/out her property. Also best to you clearing the down tress at the "Shack" .
Hunts2long at least you broke even on the Mega Millions ticket glad you did not spend a large sum of money trying to win like some folks when the jackpot gets really high . I'm noticing the same with my local deer and grazing on fields and cleared land. Have a safe trip to Rochester area enjoy the reunion.
OldSailor hope all is good with you seeing ZCM-82"s posts in the weather thread appears parts of the Mid-West have received plenty of rain in the past few days.
Icefisher-45 some time since you last posted may things be good with you.
Fish/hunt4ever may it have been a good workday for you in Tulsa .Enjoy tonight's dinner .

Everyone have a good night keep safe ,stay healthy. best wished to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2811 on: Aug 10, 2023, 02:12 AM »
Good morning ☕️. Well kids are on their 14+ hour drive back to SC .  Now with house vacated will get after the interior painting to spruce the place up. Much to my surprise when I just googled the address I see a picture of the exterior from 2007 and the exterior was Red w/white trim, it’s now a green exterior so prior owner painted the outside. I’m not going to change that only touch it up where needed

I rather doubt I will have the daughter helping paint so may take me a bit longer than I would like, getting the house ready to make its best first impression.

I hope so too Steve

Well back to my pillow coffee is still hot

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2812 on: Aug 10, 2023, 05:04 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 55* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Bud..........I hope the farm has sustained much damage. :unsure: Good luck with the painting. :thumbsup:
                           Wally........Nice looking mower. :flex: Thank you for sharing the tornado photo. :clap:
                           H2l...........There aren't really a lot of fields here either, a lot of the deer we see are crossing the roads. :o
                           Marv.........Do you have somewhere special top get rid of the chemicals? ???
                           Dave.........That's some thick smoke hovering over Yellowknife. :whistle:
                           I've been busy with some early morning appointments, is the reason I haven't posted. I have one this morning at 8:30.
                           I'm trying to get everything situated before my surgery, so I will be able to do things myself. 
                           I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2813 on: Aug 10, 2023, 05:59 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....best wishes as you prepare for your surgery  ;)

Drifter.....so much destruction, so sad  :'(

MrC.....thanks for the Eddie update  :)

IFF.....safe travels to the family  :)  hope the painting job goes smoothly  :flex:

WS.....I've said it before but I'll say it again, your sister is VERY lucky to have you for a brother  :thumbsup: :bow: :clap:

H2L.....maybe some water therapy while your B-I-L is visiting  :whistle:

Sure was nice having my old mower back again, cut my mowing time in half from using the JD mower  :clap: :clap: Besides some bad switches, which at 20 years old guess it's to be expected,  there were a few mouse chewed wires causing problems  :%$#!: stupid rodents :%$#!:

Looks like rain again today  ::)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2814 on: Aug 10, 2023, 06:21 AM »
59* and the sun is out, for now.

WW, glad you got the mower back. I am hoping to get some fishing in next week.

IFF, someone parked in the wrong spot!

Seems like this week has flown by, been busy getting ready for the b-i-l's trip here. The wife and I are going out to lunch with Lindsay and her BF today.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2815 on: Aug 10, 2023, 08:37 AM »
Good morning everyone!

67 heading into the mid 80's later today.

Mr.clean...Thanks for the Eddie update. I am sure he knows he is in everyone's prayers.

Bud...take care as you go to work on the house. Hope when you get back home you find everything in order.

IW... There is a hazardous waste facility in a town 4 miles away. They take anything and then test and sort. I know much of what we dropped off you would need an applicators license to use.

WW...Thanks for the kind comments. I always leave wishing I could have done more.

H2l.....Best wishes for the upcoming visit.

Yesterday was a long one. We have been spending time in the shop trying to get things in some type of order. With collecting tractors my b-i-l also painted many of them. He had probably into the thousands of $$ of paint, supplies,  and equipment  for spraying. Much of the paint is still good but a bunch of it needed throwing out. We are trying to get the shop winter ready so my sister won't have to heat it. I have no idea what their propane bill was yearly but that's something she is looking forward to seeing end.

Hope you all have a good day. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2816 on: Aug 10, 2023, 11:48 AM »
Smokes really thick this morning.
Having a hard time breathing.
Wind out of the East this morning, switching back to SE later.
SE tomorrow switching to W on Saturday and SW on Sunday.
They were forecasting NW for 4 or 5 days so this is good news.
Sat image from this morning. My cabin is at the yellow x.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2817 on: Aug 10, 2023, 03:37 PM »
Dang Drifter  :o :nono: :%$#!: :blink: :wacko:  Be safe

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2818 on: Aug 10, 2023, 08:54 PM »
Good evening received some rain earlier today believe the high temperature was in the low seventies. Guessing Eddie is resting today and hopefully he will post tomorrow . Out of curiousity i looked up how many acres make up one hectacre. it is approximately 2.5 when rounded up so with the info. given in the cabin Radio article Drifter provided the link for at the time of story and area close to the size of Yellowstone national park in Wyoming has burned so far this summer in the North West Territories .
IFF best to you with the painting may the house sell quickly once listed on real estate market .
Ice wanderer may you get everything in place before your surgery date. All the best wished for you with the surgery .
Wallyworld rodents sure cause plenty of damage to equipment and other things. The mower looks good for a 20 year old machine .
Hunts2long safe travels wished for you this weekend.
Whopper Stopper good to read there is a hazardous waste disposal site near your sister's. Maybe you can pass some of the paint and equipment onto farm equipment dealers repair shops or local auto body shops. Best wished for your sister and you in getting the shop cleaned out so it does not have to be heated this Winter.
Drifter may the fires stay away form the area of your cabin and city of yellow knife. I hope the smoke as cleared out some and it is easier for you to breathe .
Fish/hunt4ever wishing you safe travel if heading home tomorrow or this weekend.

May everyone have a good night best to all fishing.
    Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2819 on: Aug 10, 2023, 09:47 PM »
Well got word yesterday that Tulsa can stand on their own feet and test, hopefully they do not change everything again and go backwards. But bought my ticket home tomorrow, unfortunately get home around 10 pm as the early flight was today and then Saturday. Well hopefully I make it home at that time. Bit now playing with the new instrument and getting things done. So one more day and then home. Have a great Thursday everyone and a great start to the day, hope all is well Eddie and we all see you posting again soon, take care sir.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.