Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 230085 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1860 on: Apr 07, 2023, 09:45 AM »
Good Friday everyone. Day off today and need to get the elk from the end of October cut up since it is now just thawing out from being frozen solid. Got 2 hind quarters cut down to chunks last night, trim and grind that today along with hopefully the other 2 hind quarters and the 4 front quarters that are there and be done. Then maybe some fishing tomorrow on the ice and then maybe play with the boat. Got a alternator charger ordered so that I can charge my trolling motor batteries while running the big motor or kicker motor. Then got some transom savers that do not hook to the trailer but go around the rams to see how those work for each motor, just want something to protect the hydraulic systems on each motor while driving down the roads. Sunday maybe be transducer mounting plate mounted and maybe get all my wires ran for fishfinder. Well have a fantastic Friday everyone, have a good time with the nice weather if you are getting that.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #1861 on: Apr 07, 2023, 09:48 AM »
 Good Friday to all ER's!! While you've been posting pics of your snow, I've mowed my lawn already!! Happy Easter to all!!! I'm cutting back on my gardening due to my health issues, just a few maters and peppers.
 I finally won a three-year battle with the VA and got my 100% disability rating!! I'm very glad that's over!!! It's nice to fight the gov't and win!!!
 I hope the cruddy weather is over for all of you and that spring is in the air!! Stay well and take care!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1862 on: Apr 07, 2023, 02:54 PM »
Rainy day here, see the Tennessee general assembly is making the national news. SMH.  Wonder what they are smoking and or drinking there in Nashville  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :whistle:

Not quite ready to try and wet a line,  daytime temperature went from 84 down to today’s 47.  And the ride continues

Gas prices took a big jump too

Take care all
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1863 on: Apr 07, 2023, 09:18 PM »
Good evening, cooler today with high temperature in the low sixties after yesterday's high which was in the low seventies . I do not care for dark chocolate either my sister likes it so will pass the information onto her . Big news here is my county housing illegal immigrants for ICE and now being in a lawsuit after some of them have claimed of being poorly treated .
Ice Wanderer may you have the wood splitter running . Nice that you were able to collect some of the tree trimming from the county's work. Still a good deal of snow on the ground by you .
Eddie i hope the change in streams resulted in your catching a few trout. Interesting about face masks being optional at your doctors and local hospital. the funeral home my friends family is using has a notice on their website asking people to refrain from hand shakes, hugging,etc. over concern of spreading Illnesses. way to take advantage of warmer weather and get a start on this year's garden by rebuilding the raised bed .
Hunts2long depending on the night time low temperature in area your nephew taps his maple trees the sap may still be running.
Wallyworld guess it is time to move equipment around in our storage barn/garage so mower can be put into service in coming weeks .
Fish/hunt4ever may you have the elk processed , best to you with the fishing and getting equipment installed on the new boat .
OldSalior congratulations on winning your battle with the V.A.  Best to you with this year's garden.
IFF you have my interest raised will have to check news to see what is going on in your state's general Assembly .Quite the drop in temperature by you .

May everyone keep safe and stay healthy .
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1864 on: Apr 08, 2023, 05:10 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 19* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           OS..........Congratula tions on your victory with the VA. :clap: :thumbsup: :flex:
                           Eddie.......I hope you were able to get to a new stream and the fishing resulted in a win for you. :unsure: A difference in elevation sure makes a
               big difference in the landscape. :blink:
                           Marv........I guess if the trees become too much of a hazard, the range would be forced to hire a company to make it safe. :whistle:
               The snowpack sure does make a difference in the temperature, where I was getting the firewood it was warm with no snow, I was working in a "T" shirt there,
               but here at my house, I had to put my sweatshirt on. :blink:
                           H2l..........Around here the maple farms are still collecting and boiling is going on. :o The Hudson River is running really high, but no threat of any
               flooding. :thumbsup:
                           Bud.........That's some temperature change, hopefully it will stabilize soon. :unsure:
                           Steve.......When I worked, I did a job at a government housing complex that gave free housing to immigrants, and they complained about the conditions
               of the complex.  :cookoo: From what I saw they were fine but I guess they expected the best, I'm sure it was a far cry better than they lived in before. I guess
               Free means high quality housing. :wacko:
                           Fish..........I hope you get you Elk processed and the rest of your projects accomplished. :flex:
                           Well I wasn't able to get my splitter running. It was flooding out, and with my hand the way it is, I am not able to work in tight places where the
               carburetor is. So I took to a small engine repair shop. There are also a couple of other issues that need repaired.
                           I got 3 more pickup loads of wood yesterday afternoon.
                           I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1865 on: Apr 08, 2023, 06:07 AM »
25* and sunny.

OS, congrats on the win with the VA.

IW, I am pretty sure with the night time temps the sap is still running. I am going to take a ride up there today.

Eddie, as of yesterday the ice was gone on this end of the lake, not sure about the main part of the lake. Will be checking the streams next week to see if any walleyes have moved in yet.

I have some "housework" to do today, getting ready for Easter.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1866 on: Apr 08, 2023, 06:49 AM »
Morning all,

OS.....congrats on winning the VA battle  :flex: :thumbsup:

IW.....good job filling the wood shed again  :clap:

Eddie.....saw a DEC truck dumping fish in a local creek yesterday, the water's so dirty the poor fish must be totally lost  :wacko:

MrC.....so sick of the "gimme gimme gimme" mentality of those receiving everything free  :%$#!: :nono: >:(

Took a ride to hunting camp yesterday, everything survived winter ok  :clap: walked the woods a little, no snow left anywhere  @)

A local PD and FD are having a benefit hockey game today, think we'll be checking it out  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1867 on: Apr 08, 2023, 07:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 27*, winds have calmed down, high of 48 today. 10 day forecast is looking rain free and maybe a few days touching 80* here.

H2…good news on the reservoir, I’ll be doing similar chores today getting ready for tomorrow’s Easter gathering.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…the winds were pretty strong and steady here yesterday, took a pass on the fishing and got a few things done in the garden…maybe  this afternoon. Way to go on the wood, hopefully it’s just a sticky float on the splitter, best of luck with that!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…I was personally offended by the illegals complaining about the ICE Facility as I have helped build one before.  ;D
Agree, they’re not set up and staffed like some of the $500/day hotels being destroyed in NYC by some of their counterparts, but they do offer 3 hots and a cot, a warm climate for felons, and plenty of security…what’s to complain about?  :nono: :callcops:
  Bud…looks like a couple of empty seats need to be filled down in Nashville.  :whistle:  Hope the weather is more to your liking today to get on the water.  :thumbsup:
  OS..CONGRATULATIONS on the win, that’s awesome, so happy for you!!  :clap: :flex: 
  FH4…you had a lot on your plate yesterday! Hope the butchering went well and you get on the ice today, good luck!  :thumbsup:
  Wally..those Ontario browns will be anxiously awaiting for you and Mr.WW soon!! Here’s to a banner first trip!  :bow: Enjoy the hockey game today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…glad to read the temps are finally going in the right direction out your way!  :clap:  Still some scattered snow lingering here, but it’s on life support now also, lol.  :clap:

Off to an Easter Egg hunt with my granddaughter shortly…hopefully the ground is still stiff by then, lol. Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1868 on: Apr 08, 2023, 08:27 AM »
Congrats OS on the win. Always nice to be able to move forward instead of backwards with the government.
Well got all but 2 hind quarters done yesterday, still some ice in the meat so not worried about them hanging for a little while longer. We are going to have some major temp swings and they are worried about flooding, might get the lakes to open up with all the water running into them. We will see. Hopefully some ice time today so if so will post some pictures later. Now to figure out what I want to make for breakfast. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1869 on: Apr 08, 2023, 10:17 PM »
Good evening saw a sunny day with a high near sixty currently around 40 outside dropping down to 32 overnight. Update on my BIL came home for hospital on Thursday afternoon and will start in home physical therapy again on Monday hopefully when he has post surgery check up things will be better this go round . received a phone call from one of my neighbor's here at condo complex i forgot she used to live by my recently departed friend and his family . Looking for info. on his passing told her i had little and would contact her on Monday about going to viewing together .
Ice wanderer may the small engine shop get the wood splitter running and the bill not be to high. Sounds like you picked up a couple cords of firewood from the county's tree trimming .
Hunts2long may you see some walleye in the local streams during your check next week .
Wallyworld may the hockey game have been weel attended and a good amount of money raised by the event.
Eddie i hope your granddaughter had fun searching for easter eggs. Besides seeing dandelions on some lawns her in another sign of Spring local minor league baseball team associated with the Yankees starts their season next week. Guess the team is now playing at a higher level of class A baseball at one time the season starts in mid-June. The Yankees are third major league organization connect to this team start 30 some years ago as a Texas Ranger's affiliate can became part of Tampa Bay Devil Rays .
Fish/hunt4ever glad you have majority of elk processed may you not see any flooding problems by your home.

A Happy Easter wished for everyone safe travel to you or your guests.
   Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1870 on: Apr 08, 2023, 10:35 PM »
Well made it on the ice and found some good ice and some fish to boot.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1871 on: Apr 09, 2023, 04:01 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            Happy Easter. :clap:
                            It's 22* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            Fish..........Nice job on getting out on the ice. And catching some nice ones. :thumbsup: :clap:
                            Eddie........I hope the Easter Egg hunt went well for your granddaughter. :flex:
                            H2l...........With the cold nights and the warm up during the day, the sap has to running full bore. :flex: I hope the trip to the sugar house was
                  a good one. :thumbsup:
                            Wally.........I always wondered about fish in muddy water :unsure: Do they see or smell their food? ???
                            Steve........Good luck to your BIL with the post op check up and the up coming therapy. :thumbsup: :flex:
                            Marv.........Hopefully you've seen the last of any major snow, but with the crazy weather that has been going on, who knows. :unsure: :cookoo:
                            I got a text from Jon yesterday and a fried of ours was going out on Blue Mountain Lake yesterday on his wheeler and 40yards off shore
                 he broke through and the wheeler went to the bottom. He's alright but they were trying to get the wheeler out. Haven't heard if they did. Jon and I
                 were planning on going for one last trip on Tuesday, but probably not now.
                            Yesterday, I went for another pickup load of fire wood. The road looked like a used parking lot with all the guys going for some free wood.
                 the load I got was mostly Oak, after I was done it looked like there wasn't much left to scavenge. The logs that are left are too big for a man to handle.
                            Not sure what I'm doing today, only if I had my splitter.
                            I hope everyone has a good Easter Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1872 on: Apr 09, 2023, 04:40 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everybody:clap:

Happy Easter everyone!

IW....Hope you are able to get the splitter back soon and find it was just something easy :thumbsup: Good score on the firewood :clap:. It sure looks like we should see some bare ground by next Sunday according to the long range forecast. We are supposed to be in for a string of 60's and 70's. I have lots of yard work on top of everything else as the deer massacred a few of my cedars.

Eddie...Sounds like an excellent time taking in the Easter Egg hunt :thumbsup:

WW...Hope you had a fun time at the hockey game and turn out was even better than hoped :thumbsup:

Fish...Congrats on  good day of fishing :thumbsup:

Yesterday I agreed to go with the girls down to the jungle to help pick out things for a downstairs remodeling job the s-i-l is in the process of doing. She is completely redoing a bathroom, family room and bedroom. It was one of the longest days of my life and I finally went and sat in the car. I think they spent a good part of  six hours picking out tile, flooring, vanity, faucets, a marble top for the vanity, the list goes on. All that after spending days on the computer researching, picking out stuff from home. She has a contractor doing the entire job but he will along the way need a hand moving things around and carrying stuff in and hauling stuff out. Yea, I'm the hand that got volunteered to help ??? The worst part is he works alone, so the projects could take most of the summer. When he is done indoors, she has a deck and small out building to side and shingle :whistle:

Hope everyone has an excellent Easter:thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1873 on: Apr 09, 2023, 05:07 AM »
Happy Easter Everyone, I hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1874 on: Apr 09, 2023, 05:22 AM »

Happy Easter !!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #1875 on: Apr 09, 2023, 05:43 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Easter!  :bow:   Partly cloudy and calm 32*, high of 52 forecasted.

Marv….big project coming up for Jen soon, hope everything works out well the contractor!  :clap:  Sounds like you had a long day…but I’m sure your input and presence was much appreciated, not to mention the volunteer work!   ;D :thumbsup:
  Jeff…wow, glad your friend made it out alright!! Hope they were able to get the 4 wheeler out without any other problems of breaking through. Glad you were able to get another load of wood before all the pickers showed up… :thumbsup:
  FH4…way to go getting another trip out on the ice, nice catch!  :clap:  Looks like the ice on that lake will be around for awhile yet! Thanks for sharing the pictures… :thumbsup:
  Steve…excellent news on your BIL, best wishes are with him on good recovery.  :clap:  Thanks for sharing the update on the Yankee squad, I will look into that.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…just starting to see some of my wife’s flowers popping up now, imagine things will really start happening this coming week! Extended forecast is looking better by the day now!  :clap:  Hope the benefit game was a big success!  :thumbsup:

The Easter Egg hunt was held at a local church yesterday and a really great time for all the kids, enjoyed that. It was well organized and they had over 2,000 plastic eggs hid in various areas for different age groups to collect, lots of smiling faces.  ;D
  Wishing everyone here on the 9:45 and the site a very Happy Easter…Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1876 on: Apr 09, 2023, 06:01 AM »
27* and clear.
Happy Easter!!

IW, sounds like ice season is over for you. Wood along the roads doesn't last long around here either. I have never had much luck fishing a mud line or even muddy water. Don't see it much here, only after heavy rains in the spring and the fishing hasn't really picked up yet.

WS, looking at paint samples, etc, is almost as bad as watching paint dry.

Eddie, glad you had a good time at the egg hunt.

Rocky spent the night and Lindsay is coming for dinner today. The wife spent most of yesterday getting things ready, I spent most of the day at the sink.

Hope everyone enjoys their Easter and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1877 on: Apr 09, 2023, 07:08 AM »
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1878 on: Apr 09, 2023, 09:12 AM »
Ya, what he said!! HAPPY EASTER everyone!! We've got family coming and I'm the griller! :woot: :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :whistle: :unsure:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1879 on: Apr 09, 2023, 10:13 AM »
Yes a happy Easter to all,  time for me to get out in this beautiful sunshine ☕️
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1880 on: Apr 09, 2023, 10:21 PM »
Happy Easter. Well got theblast 2 quarters cut up and in the fridge ready for the grinder. Then it was so nice and the wife had enough fun chasing flags yesterday she wanted to go out again. Hit the lake around 2 and was set up around 230. Stayed until 7 and picked up, even my buddy came out and he caught one and missed a couple. Now to get ready for work tomorrow. Habe a great end of Sunday and a great start to another week.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1881 on: Apr 10, 2023, 03:52 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello, decided to make a run to Ontario and see if we can find some fish !!

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1882 on: Apr 10, 2023, 04:13 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 29* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Marv........What were you thinking. :blink: Going shopping at the grocery store is bad enough but shopping for home remodeling with a woman,
              no offence Wally, is dangerous. :woot:  :roflmao:
                         Eddie.......I'm glad the Easter egg hunt was enjoyable to be at, not only for the kids but the adults too. :thumbsup: From the pictures I saw
              they towed the wheeler out with a tractor and broke the ice all the way to the shore. :whistle:
                         Wally.......I hope the trip to Ontario was good and the Browns were hungry. :unsure: :thumbsup:
                         Fish........Glad to here the wife wanted to go out fishing again. :clap: Looks like it was a nice day and some fish were hungry. :thumbsup: :flex:
                         H2l.........I hope you had an enjoyable Easter dinner. :thumbsup:
                         I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter, now on with spring and open water fishing.
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1883 on: Apr 10, 2023, 05:39 AM »
31* and clear. Warm-up on the way this week.

IW, dinner was good, I am sure a ham sandwich is in the works.

WW, have a good day on the water. First trip is to work out the kinks and get ready for the "nicer" weather later this week. Lindsay is off this week, Amber has today off, so the girls are headed to Utica to go to the Zoo and out to lunch.

Have some dishes to do and I am watching the dogs today, be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1884 on: Apr 10, 2023, 06:26 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

56 to start, heading into the mid 60's by the afternoon.

Just a quick "Hello" as I kick things up to 5 miles.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Here is a quick rabbit video

&t=10s

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1885 on: Apr 10, 2023, 07:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 39* right now. Supposed to be in the 60s today. Been under the weather for a few weeks but feeling better. My wife worked yesterday so we are celebrating Easter today. May take Mr Dickens to the Cathedral of the Pines for a walk.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing that video of the bunnies.

WallyWorld, Have a good day on the water.

Hunts2long, Sounds like the girls will have a good day. Any plans of what you’re doing with the pups?

I hope everyone had a great Easter and has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1886 on: Apr 10, 2023, 09:26 AM »
                      Marv........What were you thinking. :blink: Going shopping at the grocery store is bad enough but shopping for home remodeling with a woman,
              no offence Wally, is dangerous.
:woot:  :roflmao:
                         IW

Obviously, I wasn't thinking :cookoo: Not only did I go with one woman, but I went with 2 ,  and sisters to boot. I was told I don't know my colors or which tile matches what color scheme. My idea of a faucet is one that's a good name like Delta, that looks like it will last a while. Their idea is some dainty, spindly faucet, with a "Venetian Bronze finish". Oh and lets not forget the shower faucets and towel racks, Balls!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #1887 on: Apr 10, 2023, 10:41 AM »
Morning ER's!!! WS, we just went through remodeling the wife's bathroom and bedroom. I trusted the wife and our contractor and it turned out excellent. My only input was satin finish in the bathroom!! I hate chrome  faucets and towel racks, We also had tile in the shower because those shower kits are so flimsy!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 Stay well and keep safe!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1888 on: Apr 10, 2023, 05:58 PM »
Marv sure glad I didn’t have a remodel shopping problem.  ::)

Did a little spring yard cleanup, mowed backyard, put some mulch on the asparagus bed. Some plants are already 3’ tall

Found some birds not waiting for me to refill the feeders  Tit Mouse birds found the open bag of seed on the porch and have been helping themselves  ::)

Now to decide what’s for supper
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #1889 on: Apr 10, 2023, 08:44 PM »
Good evening may everyone's easter have been a nice day spent with family and friends.
I spent a few hours at my sister and BIL's yesterday brother in law getting around with aide of a walker or crutches started physical therapy again today hopefully things go better after this surgery. The viewing for my friend was today now to adjust to fact he is no longer available to talk with and do other thingstogether.
Ice wanderer good to read Jon's friend got out safely and 4 wheeler recovered after breaking through the ice at Blue Mountain Lake .
Wallyworld did you locate the trout today and bring a few home for future meals .
Hunts2long may your "Girls" trip to Utica have been a good day and they had problem free travel .
Whopper Stopper best to your SIl with remodel of lower level of her home. Also best to you in playing contractor's assistant.
ICefisher-45 may your trip to cathedral of the pines have been a good trip enjoyed by all of you .
OldSailor glad all went well with your bathroom remodel and your wife is happy with the work .
IFF it is that time of year to start with all the outside Spring chores. Sounds like your asparagus is off to a good start .
Fish/hunt4ever congrats on getting another ice fishing trip in and everyone in your party catching fish.

May everyone have a good week.
   Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.