Author Topic: 13 Fishing Pickle Free Fall catching  (Read 365 times)

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
13 Fishing Pickle Free Fall catching
« on: Nov 23, 2021, 02:36 PM »
My son has a 13 fishing freefall pickle that is catching on each rotation when he is holding the freefall to lower a lure.  I have taken the spool off, cleaned out the pieces and re-lubed, with the same thing.  The catch doesnt always stop the spool, but is very noticeable.  I thought it was how I put the spool back on, as the outside piece that goes on the spool screw to secure the spool went goes on ackwardly. 

Any ideas?

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: 13 Fishing Pickle Free Fall catching
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2021, 08:16 PM »
My son has a 13 fishing freefall pickle that is catching on each rotation when he is holding the freefall to lower a lure.  I have taken the spool off, cleaned out the pieces and re-lubed, with the same thing.  The catch doesnt always stop the spool, but is very noticeable.  I thought it was how I put the spool back on, as the outside piece that goes on the spool screw to secure the spool went goes on ackwardly. 

Any ideas?

Just a guess….But I would think a washer or something is missing or put together wrong.

My buddy had a spinning ice reel that was clinking funny when you reeled it in. I took it apart and played with it. When I took it apart I added a small washer on the stem to hold the winding part up a touch. Reel was fine after that.

Sounds like something similar in your reel.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.