Author Topic: Where were you?  (Read 2219 times)

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: Where were you?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 30, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Elementary school, i remember sitting in the library and we all watched.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Jan 30, 2021, 09:45 AM »
I was between classes at Metro State University grabbing a bite to eat.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 30, 2021, 12:06 PM »
The very last time I had the flu. Had to call in to work sick. Lying on the couch with a bucket in hand. Watched the live feed.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2021, 06:17 PM »
Laying on the ground on the.Maine turnpike screwing a new set of filters onto a waxed up Mack truck, I heard the news when I got back into the service truck for the long ride home in total shock.. once arriving home, i had to console 2 very upset children that had been watching the launch in school
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #34 on: Jan 30, 2021, 06:24 PM »
I was walking through the front gates at the Jackson prison, in Jackson Michigan, as a Corrections Officer.  At that time it was the largest walled prison in the world!  The tv's in the front lobby were all turned to the same channel and as we filed by we said prayers for those that were lost and their families.  Can't believe its been that long.
this really doesn't have anything to do with the topic but i was on the other side of the law doing weekends for a 2nd dui in my younger days and was in jail when dale ernhardt hit the wall and died.the guys doing long year sentences were crying and it was the most traumatic thing they seen being locked up a long time.i remember there was a brawl over one side wanting to watch basketball and the other side wanted nascar.the old man pod boss set it straight at nascar.should of did 31 days straight time because weekends took forever to serve.

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 30, 2021, 06:35 PM »
Freshman year @ Colorado State.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 30, 2021, 06:49 PM »
First shuttle, I was watching on TV at work with everyone else. My journalism teacher from Lincoln would have been on that flight, but missed out. Boss at the print shop called for everyone to watch the lift off.

in 1989 I was in my pickup driving down to the bar listening on the game on the radio when the earth shook.

Second shuttle, I had just left work, listening to the live feed on the radio when the standard "loss of contact" lasted WAAAY too long

John Lennon died while I was working a shift at my first job, feeding doctors and nurses at the hospital. Ronnie was shot during my high school chem class

There are too many Where Were You moments to list in my lifetime.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 06, 2021, 07:19 PM »
First shuttle, I was watching on TV at work with everyone else. My journalism teacher from Lincoln would have been on that flight, but missed out. Boss at the print shop called for everyone to watch the lift off.

in 1989 I was in my pickup driving down to the bar listening on the game on the radio when the earth shook.

Second shuttle, I had just left work, listening to the live feed on the radio when the standard "loss of contact" lasted WAAAY too long

John Lennon died while I was working a shift at my first job, feeding doctors and nurses at the hospital. Ronnie was shot during my high school chem class

There are too many Where Were You moments to list in my lifetime.

And sadly there will be more. We live in interesting times.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline bigdaddydb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 08, 2021, 07:40 PM »
my second grade classroom watching on the wheeled in AV sets...teacher just turned it off

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.