Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1693985 times)

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #9030 on: Dec 04, 2021, 05:41 PM »
Anything less than a Fuel or top line DeWalt and you will be fixing them. Spend the extra now, it’s cheaper in the long run. There’s no substitute for torque.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9031 on: Dec 04, 2021, 05:49 PM »
My Milwaukee is the 2704 and has 3 full seasons on it and still going strong. I never needed more than a 5 AH battery to drill well over 30 holes if a foot of hard ice. My fishing buddies all went the cheep route with Ryobi drills and ended up doing it right because they did it twice and bought the Milwaukee Fuels.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline SteveTheChimneySweep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9032 on: Dec 05, 2021, 10:53 AM »
I have the Milwaukee 2704 I use daily, (3-5 years???) for work spinning 20-30 feet of chimney rod on the high speed setting.  Other than replacing the chuck, because I used a pair of channel locks to tighten it down, and a clicking noise sometimes, it has performed flawlessly.  When the chuck went down, I bought a second (2804) to hold me over until I got the chuck fixed.  It is batting way above its pay grade for what I do with it, not drilling holes, but boring through chimney blockages, birds nests, squirrel nests, and general chimney sweeping.  This is on the high setting, when on the low setting it works great for ice fishing duties.

Buy once, cry once,, but you are getting a great tool that can be used around the house as well.

Steve, TCS

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9033 on: Dec 05, 2021, 11:08 AM »
I have the Milwaukee 2704 I use daily, (3-5 years???) for work spinning 20-30 feet of chimney rod on the high speed setting.  Other than replacing the chuck, because I used a pair of channel locks to tighten it down, and a clicking noise sometimes, it has performed flawlessly.  When the chuck went down, I bought a second (2804) to hold me over until I got the chuck fixed.  It is batting way above its pay grade for what I do with it, not drilling holes, but boring through chimney blockages, birds nests, squirrel nests, and general chimney sweeping.  This is on the high setting, when on the low setting it works great for ice fishing duties.

Buy once, cry once,, but you are getting a great tool that can be used around the house as well.

Steve, TCS

That is a great testament Steve! My 2704 came with 2 5AH batteries and has only ever been used for auger duty on a Clam Plate. Thinking ahead and last year when I saw the 2804 drills on sale with the charger and 2 more 5AH batteries I grabbed one of those deals at $179 and it is still in the unopened box but ready when needed. These days whenever I need a new battery tool I immediately go for the Milwaukee Fuel 18V models because I got so frustrated trying to keep up with replacing batteries for my other brands, DeWalt, Ryobi, Makita, Bausch and a few other off brands. Most of those brands sold entire new drill kits with chargers and batteries cheaper than I could replace just the battery but they were all NiMh batteries and not Lithiums.

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9034 on: Dec 05, 2021, 08:22 PM »
I have the Ryobi (with the lesser handle, I don't use the handle anyway) but it started acting up towards the end of last season. I had no problem cutting holes (clam plate with a Nero) when it was working fine.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should replace it with the same thing, or get one of the better drills. I'm into the Ryobi system already but I'm not opposed to getting one of the stronger drills
just for fishing if the price is right.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9035 on: Dec 05, 2021, 08:37 PM »
I have the Ryobi (with the lesser handle, I don't use the handle anyway) but it started acting up towards the end of last season. I had no problem cutting holes (clam plate with a Nero) when it was working fine.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should replace it with the same thing, or get one of the better drills. I'm into the Ryobi system already but I'm not opposed to getting one of the stronger drills

There is something to be said about that "Price is right" thing. I've been around long enough to have learned "We do things right because we do things twice". In the end if you follow those who went before you and learned you might be able to do it right the first time. The only other key to all of this is to be prepared. When the deals really do pop up you have to be ready to just cash in, pull the trigger and bite the bullet. NMHI batteries go bad too fast and can't handle the cold while I have no problems with the lithium ones. YMMV.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9036 on: Dec 05, 2021, 10:01 PM »
There are two rules on this thread.

The most important one is "DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!"

The second is know what you're looking at. As we should all now, not every model number is the same. Do your research BEFORE you decide on what you want and how much you'll spend.

Offers are coming fast and furious. Watch your step
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9037 on: Dec 06, 2021, 08:43 AM »

Which model did you have? Ryobi makes several, most with the handle screwed into the plastic. If I were to guess, you have a brushed drill and the brushes are burned up. There are multiple brushed models, and several brushless. A brushed motor will begin to fail once the brushes or commutator wear or are eroded by arcing. Arcing is worst when you have max current and the load is keeping the speed low, when you are asking for max current. Brushless motors should fail hard- either they work or not. They also hold up to auger duty way better.

Drills are getting cheap enough, but it is the batteries you need for drilling that cost. I got a 1300 in-lb drill for $79, but my battery was over $100.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline CmdrSims

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9042 on: Dec 08, 2021, 08:14 AM »
FishUSA is running a promotion for 15% OFF their walleye store. Couple things related to ice fishing in there. Just use code MYEYE at checkout.

https://www.fishusa.com/Specialty-Stores/Walleye-Fishing

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9044 on: Dec 08, 2021, 09:05 AM »
Blain's fleet & farm has beaver dam tip-ups in stock and on sale for $35

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/006728-beaver-dam-original-tip-up.html

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9045 on: Dec 08, 2021, 09:15 AM »
Blain's has a bunch of ice stuff discounted, including a lot of augers. Not bottom dollar type deals, but considerably less than standard retail at most places.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/ice-augers/

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9047 on: Dec 08, 2021, 11:55 AM »
Must be nice, our farm and fleet only has hammers, nails, fence post, chicken feed, chains, plumbing supplies, etc. etc. etc..  They pretty much stick by their name around here, "farm" and "fleet", no sporting goods what-so-ever!  Sucks!  Hell, its even hard to get ice fishing stuff at the local Walmart.  Since the company does all the ordering for its stores in Arkansas.  They don't have ice fishing in Arkansas, what do they know about ice fishing and what one needs for the sport?  Yep, that sucks too!!!

Walmart here carries no ice fishing, and very little hunting gear. Blain's is the closest place I can get ice gear in store now, and that's about an 80 mile round trip. All the smaller places nearby that carried ice gear have folded.

The last one went belly up about a year ago. The business got bought and reopened a few months ago but more as a farm store, almost no sporting goods.

I bought a TON of ice gear when they were having thier going out of business sale. Aside from auger blades, and maybe a rod or reel if I break/lose one, I actually doubt I will ever need any ice gear or tackle ever again.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9048 on: Dec 08, 2021, 02:16 PM »
FF has the vex 18 just over 400    drill stuff also on sale milw. and dewalt batteries also on sale

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9049 on: Dec 10, 2021, 08:38 AM »
Vexilar F18 Genz  and FL8 Genz

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/vexilar-fl-18-genz-pack-w-12-degree-ice-ducer/0000000006544

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/vexilar-fl-8se-genz-pack-w-19-degree-ice-ducer/0000000006545

Could save more with store pick up if your local store has tock

Up to $100 OFF your entire* online order | USE CODE JOLLY21 AT CHECKOUT
Get your gifts under the tree in time | HOLIDAY FAQS

CURRENT OFFER TERMS & CONDITIONS
JOLLY21 | Up to $100 Off Sitewide* through 12/10/21
$100 off when you spend $500+
$50 off when you spend $300+
​$20 off when you spend $150+
This offer is applicable on eligible orders placed on FleetFarm.com when you choose Store Pickup.
Enter JOLLY21 at checkout to receive discount.
Only one promo code may be applied to each order.
Limit one coupon per customer.
May not be combined with any other offer.
Offer good while supplies last.
Offer cannot be used on prior purchases, and is also not valid on taxes, shipping and/or handling fees.
Offer cannot be applied to services and is not eligible on items installed in store.
Offer is not eligible on gift cards, extended warranties, Canidae®, Diamond®, Taste of the Wild, Striker®, Carhartt®, Yeti®, ECHO, Ariens or Weber® items.
Offer valid through Friday, December 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM CST.
Fleet Farm reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/p/web/offer-terms

Offline fishchef

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9050 on: Dec 10, 2021, 10:43 AM »
Some recent discussion re:  Engel bait cooler.  Fleet Farm has 13 qt. on sale:

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/engel-13-qt-live-bait-dry-box-cooler/0000000275703

Some other ice items of interest also on sale in flyer.

Free shipping over $65 with promo code "YAYFS65"

Offline kondan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9051 on: Dec 10, 2021, 11:40 AM »
Vexilar F18 Genz  and FL8 Genz

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/vexilar-fl-18-genz-pack-w-12-degree-ice-ducer/0000000006544

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/vexilar-fl-8se-genz-pack-w-19-degree-ice-ducer/0000000006545

Could save more with store pick up if your local store has tock

Up to $100 OFF your entire* online order | USE CODE JOLLY21 AT CHECKOUT
Get your gifts under the tree in time | HOLIDAY FAQS

CURRENT OFFER TERMS & CONDITIONS
JOLLY21 | Up to $100 Off Sitewide* through 12/10/21
$100 off when you spend $500+
$50 off when you spend $300+
​$20 off when you spend $150+
This offer is applicable on eligible orders placed on FleetFarm.com when you choose Store Pickup.
Enter JOLLY21 at checkout to receive discount.
Only one promo code may be applied to each order.
Limit one coupon per customer.
May not be combined with any other offer.
Offer good while supplies last.
Offer cannot be used on prior purchases, and is also not valid on taxes, shipping and/or handling fees.
Offer cannot be applied to services and is not eligible on items installed in store.
Offer is not eligible on gift cards, extended warranties, Canidae®, Diamond®, Taste of the Wild, Striker®, Carhartt®, Yeti®, ECHO, Ariens or Weber® items.
Offer valid through Friday, December 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM CST.
Fleet Farm reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/p/web/offer-terms

Thanks! Got myself a Vexilar FLX30  ;D

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9052 on: Dec 10, 2021, 11:45 AM »
Thanks! Got myself a Vexilar FLX30  ;D

Went all into the deep end of the pool didja ? That code worked for the extra off ?

Offline Extcat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9053 on: Dec 10, 2021, 12:20 PM »
Frank’s great outdoors
Striker ice climate $209 each piece
In store during shanty days

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9054 on: Dec 10, 2021, 03:40 PM »
Eskimo has a price drop on a few things. When I ordered from them a couple weeks ago they did not charge me tax either, so that’s a little more savings.

https://geteskimo.com/collections/sale

Offline ctbob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9055 on: Dec 11, 2021, 04:22 AM »
Not sure of it's quality, but Cabela's has their EZE drill 8 inch auger on sale for $110, for a $30 dollar savings. There is also a club card savings of $20 off any $100 dollar purchase that you should be able to apply if you use their credit card. Also available at Bass Pro.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9056 on: Dec 11, 2021, 06:24 AM »
Not sure of it's quality, but Cabela's has their EZE drill 8 inch auger on sale for $110, for a $30 dollar savings. There is also a club card savings of $20 off any $100 dollar purchase that you should be able to apply if you use their credit card. Also available at Bass Pro.

In store only ..seems sold out on line .. I run this drill it's an HT E-Drill bit .note to run on the Clam Plate you will need the Clam Plate Extension to gain some height.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-eze-drill

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #9057 on: Dec 11, 2021, 06:33 AM »
I actually ditched the extension using the edrill.it was longer than the mora i was using.pretty comfortable drilling without the extension and im 6,2" tall.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9058 on: Dec 11, 2021, 07:19 AM »
I actually ditched the extension using the edrill.it was longer than the mora i was using.pretty comfortable drilling without the extension and im 6,2" tall.

That will lighten the load some for sure

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.