The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: mauch chunk today  (Read 907 times)

Offline artic blast

• IceShanty Rookie
mauch chunk today
« on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:57 PM »
hello every one well me and my buddy fished chunk today there is about 8 inches of ice we did pretty good alot of bass and pickeral no eyes though . but they are in there we just need to find them just giving a heads up to who ever is interested                      until next time good luck                   
                                                                                    tight lines
                                                                                         and be safe :tipup:
FISH ON !!!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
Re: mauch chunk today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Nothing wrong with being opportunistic, at least you guys had action. Next time out, could be the time you hammer the eyes. Just keep at it...If you, or your buddy has a topigraphical map of the place, check it out, and look for what places you think will hold those eyes. It's alot more productive to do your homework at home( if you have the time for it ;D), and then go out with a game-plan on to what general area you want look for them,...than it is to just go out, and drill 10 random holes. Although, a little luck, never hurts either. It seems like you found a couple slammers before,...if you could remember the time of the season it was when you caught them, and in and around where it was, if you were to hit that area around the same time frame, you could in for some walleye surprise. Good luck to ya, Artic Blast. By the way. gps's are very nice tools also. :tipup:

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline aklimbing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Homemade Money Saver
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:16 PM »
hey artic blast, its aklimbing. we do need to do some homework. we should hit those cliffs at night. we need to figure out a way to get lights on our tip-ups. i don't want to have to buy lights that cost the same as tip-ups. maybe we should start a thread asking about that. later dude. PS what about trebles compaired to singles hooks and what size, and glow in the dark or regs.
Life is about the Journey, it's not about the End

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2009, 03:32 PM »
aklimbing Hello I see that you and ARTIC BLAST fish this lake quite a bit. Ihave never fished the lake but was wondering if the water is deeper by the dam or in the middle off of the boat launch? I here that you get alot of bass and pickeral was wondering if there is much of a panfish bite?If you guys ever want to chase walleyes with anyone else let me know .

Offline aklimbing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Homemade Money Saver
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2009, 09:14 AM »
the pan fish bit is not that great. Unless you find some kind of a bed. the water is deeper by the dam. your best bet is to pick up a topo of the lake at the park office for 3bucks. good luck man.
Life is about the Journey, it's not about the End

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.