Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1685996 times)

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #2760 on: Apr 05, 2018, 03:37 PM »
Very good deal on this kit. https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-GEN5X-Cordless-Lithium-Ion-Combo-Kit-5-Tool-with-2-4-0Ah-HYPER-Lithium-Ion-Batteries-Charger-and-Bag-R9652/205883898?utm_source=U.S.+List&utm_campaign=86dd51dcd6-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_04&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_82e38e0d75-86dd51dcd6-271499129

I've never used these for running a k-drill or putting in a Clam plate but for home improvement projects this combo kit is a high quality purchase.  I purchased this set last year.  Also if you register all the tools online with your original receipt their is a lifetime warranty on tools and batteries.  Excellent price.

Offline Johnny5dime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2761 on: Apr 05, 2018, 03:51 PM »
Isn’t the brushless set better for k drill?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2762 on: Apr 05, 2018, 04:55 PM »
Isn’t the brushless set better for k drill?
Yes, I run a 7 " Hand auger with my Brushless Ridgid.
<===Lefty===

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2764 on: Apr 06, 2018, 06:48 PM »
Really hoping active junky brings the 10% Cabela's cash back back soon. As ice retreats I could use some open water stuff and those gift cards want to be spent. I have also been closely checking eBay, but for now the cards are at face value
...#sad

Online ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2765 on: Apr 06, 2018, 10:53 PM »
I highly recommend the rigid tools. If you buy at a legit dealer (like Home Depot) you can register them online and every piece is guaranteed for life. Including batteries! I'm 24 and will never have to purchase another cordless drill again

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2766 on: Apr 07, 2018, 06:57 AM »
Ridgid is a fairly new Company. They have only been around since 1923. SO they might go out of business any day now.

<===Lefty===

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2767 on: Apr 07, 2018, 07:05 AM »
Ridgid also manufactures many or most professional grade tools that you don't find in your home Depot or Lowe's....so I think you're pretty save with their warranty and them not disappearing any time soon....of course all things business are relative though

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #2768 on: Apr 07, 2018, 09:10 AM »
Got an email from Dicks, spend $100, save $20.  I've been looking for a deal on muck boots, and Dicks has one.  The Edgewater muck boot is on sale for $80, normally $140.  So I bought those boots, and added $25 worth of fishing gear to get over $100, which meant the fishing gear was darn near free. 

Must click on Dicks website through the email to get the $20 off. 

Online ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2769 on: Apr 07, 2018, 10:14 AM »
Got an email from Dicks, spend $100, save $20.  I've been looking for a deal on muck boots, and Dicks has one.  The Edgewater muck boot is on sale for $80, normally $140.  So I bought those boots, and added $25 worth of fishing gear to get over $100, which meant the fishing gear was darn near free. 

Must click on Dicks website through the email to get the $20 off.
Just picked a pair up two weeks ago. I recommend ordering muck boots online right now because Dicks has a very very limited selection at the moment. Great deal though, especially when you pair a coupon with it

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2770 on: Apr 10, 2018, 09:25 PM »
Discounted Cabela's giftcards are back up on eBay from SVMgiftcards!

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2771 on: Apr 11, 2018, 08:42 AM »
Discounted Cabela's giftcards are back up on eBay from SVMgiftcards!

Was just going to post that. Don't forget if you have Chase Freedom extra 5% cashback on that purchase in April. Now if only active junky came through and finally bumped cabela's to 10 or even 8%.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2772 on: Apr 11, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Was just going to post that. Don't forget if you have Chase Freedom extra 5% cashback on that purchase in April. Now if only active junky came through and finally bumped cabela's to 10 or even 8%.

Yup, just biding my time, waiting for them to bump it up so I can buy my Garmin panoptix transducer!  I need to get it this month to get the $200 rebate! I wouldn't even complain if they bumped it to 15% :-p

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2773 on: Apr 11, 2018, 09:36 AM »
For those of you who use ActiveJunky, I have a question.  Do you have to access the web-site through AJ?  I ask specifically for a Sierra Trading Post.  I often gets emails from them with, say, 20% off everything, but you typically have to click through the email to get the discount.  Is it possible to use these emails and AJ discounts together?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2774 on: Apr 11, 2018, 09:49 AM »
For those of you who use ActiveJunky, I have a question.  Do you have to access the web-site through AJ?  I ask specifically for a Sierra Trading Post.  I often gets emails from them with, say, 20% off everything, but you typically have to click through the email to get the discount.  Is it possible to use these emails and AJ discounts together?

Try clicking through the email and adding everything you want at the discount to the cart, then clicking through from Active Junky.  If that doesn't work, you could try clicking through the email and starting the checkout process, then clicking through active junky, on another tab and completing the checkout process in the first tab...

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #2775 on: Apr 11, 2018, 04:17 PM »
Got a Cabelas flyer in the mail today.  Looks like the Helix units will be on sale starting Friday.  It doesn't list exact prices but says $25 off plus a mail in rebate for a gift card.  For the Helix 5, looks like a $50 gift card and for Helix 7 it looks like it is a $75 gift card.  Basically the same sale they did a month or so ago. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Online ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2776 on: Apr 11, 2018, 09:41 PM »
Both my Walmart in PA and my buddy's Walmart in Ohio had arkie unpainted jig heads w/ gold hook 50¢ a pack (10 piece). Variety of sizes and styles. Gotta find the clearance section in the store/fishing area- they're not with the rest of the fishing gear. Picture is just for packaging reference, not product. Package looks the same but it's only the unpainted, gold hook jig heads

Online ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2777 on: Apr 11, 2018, 09:43 PM »
You could always check Walmart.com too. Most items are free ship to store

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2778 on: Apr 12, 2018, 06:52 AM »
Got a Cabelas flyer in the mail today.  Looks like the Helix units will be on sale starting Friday.  It doesn't list exact prices but says $25 off plus a mail in rebate for a gift card.  For the Helix 5, looks like a $50 gift card and for Helix 7 it looks like it is a $75 gift card.  Basically the same sale they did a month or so ago. 
don't know if this is a good price or not, but the BPS flier has the Helix7 for $499

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #2779 on: Apr 12, 2018, 10:48 PM »
Both my Walmart in PA and my buddy's Walmart in Ohio had arkie unpainted jig heads w/ gold hook 50¢ a pack (10 piece). Variety of sizes and styles. Gotta find the clearance section in the store/fishing area- they're not with the rest of the fishing gear. Picture is just for packaging reference, not product. Package looks the same but it's only the unpainted, gold hook jig heads

Have fun in Wallyworld.  I don't care what is on sale or a good deal there, I refuse to enter the building. 

Online ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2780 on: Apr 13, 2018, 01:49 AM »
Have fun in Wallyworld.  I don't care what is on sale or a good deal there, I refuse to enter the building.
My locally Wally World is not great at all. But why do you refuse to enter? Out of curiosity

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #2781 on: Apr 13, 2018, 07:44 AM »
My locally Wally World is not great at all. But why do you refuse to enter? Out of curiosity

The People of Walmart, that's all.

I received my Muck Boots - Edgewater style from Dicks a few days ago.  Not impressed at all.  Not even close to my old Arctic Pros.  In my opinion, they should retail for $80, and be on sale for $50! 

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2782 on: Apr 13, 2018, 10:18 AM »

I received my Muck Boots - Edgewater style from Dicks a few days ago.  Not impressed at all.  Not even close to my old Arctic Pros.  In my opinion, they should retail for $80, and be on sale for $50!

I'd have to agree. When you avoid Walmart for a while, America just seems like a better place.....the one by me is like a third world market btw. In fact I may be insulting some third world markets I have been to with that comment. Not clean, dark, employees on welfare who are hardly helpful, fairly high prices on junk, stuff ringing up at different prices, empty shelves, and of course The People......but they claim you live better......

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2783 on: Apr 13, 2018, 12:20 PM »

Nuff said  :o

My whole family busts my chops because i get annoyed with the line and put my stuff down and walk out about 25% of the time!
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2784 on: Apr 13, 2018, 08:38 PM »
Walmart is good for some things, food included but all produce. My wife works for one and loves it. she is now partially retired and only works 3 days a week and get SS also. She has worked there from the day the store had 4 walls and helped build all the racks and shelving.  I buy something almost every day from there. Why anyone would choose not to save some money on some things I will never know. Oh wait I do know there are a lot of people that were or are in unions that blame Walmart for their short comings on raises and choose not to save whenever they can. TO each their own, I choose to shop for a lot of the things I need daily.
<===Lefty===

Online ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2785 on: Apr 14, 2018, 12:37 AM »
I live 20 min from two different walmarts (in opposite directions) and they are totally different worlds. Some are very well kept and staffed, and others give the rest a bad name. It's not usually my first choice, but Like most of us in this thread, I just can't pass up a deal!

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2786 on: Apr 14, 2018, 01:06 PM »
Walmart is good for some things, food included but all produce. My wife works for one and loves it. she is now partially retired and only works 3 days a week and get SS also. She has worked there from the day the store had 4 walls and helped build all the racks and shelving.  I buy something almost every day from there. Why anyone would choose not to save some money on some things I will never know. Oh wait I do know there are a lot of people that were or are in unions that blame Walmart for their short comings on raises and choose not to save whenever they can. TO each their own, I choose to shop for a lot of the things I need daily.

I think different markets around the country perform differently and treat people differently. I have been to Walmarts around the country that looked great and had great prices, just not the experience at my home area.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2787 on: Apr 14, 2018, 06:46 PM »
I think different markets around the country perform differently and treat people differently. I have been to Walmarts around the country that looked great and had great prices, just not the experience at my home area.
if you put your “home area” in your profile, we’ll all know which part of the country you’re talking about.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2788 on: Apr 16, 2018, 03:07 PM »
Not going to be very quiet, but still not bad for a 2000W unit for $149 and $5 gift card:
https://www.target.com/p/gasoline-2000-watt-portable-generator-black-sportsman/-/A-50635150     

also on sale:

https://www.target.com/p/gasoline-120-volts-1000-surge-watts-portable-inverter-generator-green-sportsman/-/A-51578201

I have the 1000W unit and it is very quiet and can take a small, small electric heater or other sub 800 appliances, can't go wrong for the price.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.