Author Topic: Discontinued Rapalas  (Read 2226 times)

Offline PeterPiker

• IceShanty Rookie
Discontinued Rapalas
« on: Jun 14, 2017, 07:11 AM »
Hey y'all, thanks for making me feel welcome on this board already. This seems like the best place to chat about ice fishing and is full of smart people.

Now, I was hoping some of you smart people could help me with an issue I am having. My father had a nice set of Rapala Ristos that he absolutely loved, and when me and my brother went out to the lake last month we dropped them into the water. He would always use these our our annual ice fishing trip and I feel so so bad about what happened. Making me feel even worse is the fact that I can't really find these anywhere. I talked to the guy at my bait shop and he said they are discontinued, which lead me to think that a community as great as this one might have some answers!

If anyone knows where I can get discontinued plastics then please, please let me know here or in PM. We have a long time before our family trip this winter but I don't want to put it off until then as I know my brother will be doing. Thanks in advance everyone!

As a couple people mentioned I ended up checking Ebay, but I was having troubles staying on top of the auctions for the plastics I wanted. Someone pointed me towards this place http://www.used.forsale/rapala-risto-rap that has all of the ebay listing as well as the ones from other used websites. Since checking out those and the other source posted here I have almost replaced the whole set, thanks everyone!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Discontinued Rapalas
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2017, 07:55 AM »
Not sure which ones your looking for but check e-bay

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2017, 08:35 AM »
geez yer lucky! My Dad woulda sent me in after them, LOL!!!

are these the ones you're looking for?

https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/shop/rapala-risto-rap/

Offline PeterPiker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2017, 03:22 AM »
geez yer lucky! My Dad woulda sent me in after them, LOL!!!

are these the ones you're looking for?

https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/shop/rapala-risto-rap/

I think he figures that if we go looking for em, they will never come back but if he just guilts us constantly then we will have to find a way. Thanks for the link, those are two of the colors he had. I'm going to get those and still keep an eye out for some RR9's and then I should be able to breathe a bit easier. Thanks buddy!

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2017, 12:56 PM »
Absolutely check e-bay, daily if needed, what you are looking for will eventually show up on there. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.