Author Topic: Ice Armor Clothing  (Read 4000 times)

Offline BigGunMN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SKOL VIKES!
Ice Armor Clothing
« on: Nov 29, 2007, 02:47 PM »
Does anyone own Ice Armor clothing?

I picked up some gloves but now am looking at the full outfit for $250.00

Is it worth the $$$? any feedback would be great.

(sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum... still learning my way around here... please relocate if necessary)

Offline Scientist

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Armor Clothing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2007, 03:12 PM »
Personally, I don’t think so. I picked up a Columbia ski jacket (original price 250 but end of season paid 150) which is 10 times warmer than the ice armor and is also waterproof and wind proof. The water proofing wore off after a few times in the wash. Washed the Columbia a few times and is still perfect. I guess that Ice armor knows of all the issues because they came out with version 2 this year and is $299 instead of the $250
breathing in, breathing out..this is life is all about ...We change when we start to make of life what we want.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2007, 03:56 PM »
do a search on this forum.... lots of threads about it. I love mine personally.

Offline BigGunMN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SKOL VIKES!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!

I have looked at a few other threads now and am leaning toward the IDI suit.

your comments are very appreciated!

Offline Kyle_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2007, 05:25 PM »
got the grey one a few weeks ago, love it!!!!!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2007, 05:28 PM »
I bought mine two seasons ago...put that money back in my hand today and I would buy the same thing over again..I have the blue suits, and they are warm and hold up well in all conditions

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Yes, well worth every $!!!

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2007, 05:36 PM »
I have the idi suit. well the jacket and the ice armor bibs.  The jacket is great except for one thing which is pretty important.  The suit does NOT breathe well.  I have to take it off when doing anything active on the ice.  (early ice drilling by hand, or hauling the gas auger around) the sweat breathes through my clothes and gets stuck on the inside of the jacket, on really cold days it turns to frost.  The benefit of the ice armor extreme is the liner.  Sweat will breathe through the liner to the inside of the jacket, thus not freezing, or if it does, not affecting you at all.  I def like the jacket, but would have bought an ice armor jacket instead if they sold them seperatly.

Good luck, there are a couple other companies making suits this year too, check out reeds sporting goods.

E

CSP88

« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2007, 10:00 PM »
I have the idi suit. well the jacket and the ice armor bibs.  The jacket is great except for one thing which is pretty important.  The suit does NOT breathe well.  I have to take it off when doing anything active on the ice.  (early ice drilling by hand, or hauling the gas auger around) the sweat breathes through my clothes and gets stuck on the inside of the jacket, on really cold days it turns to frost. 

That was one of my main concerns with the IDI suit.  I figured to make it a floatation suit you would have to sacrifice the breathability.  To me, the breathability is more important than the built in floatation.  Aside from early or late ice is a floatation suit necessary?  A simple fix would be to wear an inflatable preserver during these times.  I don't want to have to shed my suit every time I want to move or drill holes.  Like mentioned earlier, there are several good brands out there including the Hard Water Ware from StrikeMaster, Cold Snap Gear from Vexilar and the Ice Armor by Clam Corp.  Another option is the Guide Wear from Cabelas.  All of these will keep you dry and warm.

Good luck with your decision.

Chad

Offline benson78

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never surrender
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2007, 07:24 PM »
I bought the ice armour suit last year and personnally I love it.  We go to the brainerd tournament every year and the ice armour was a life saver specially with the wind blowing.  Now I won't leave home without it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.