Author Topic: Fishin' Dogs? Who's Loyal Pet Ice Fishes?  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Carpfer

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishin' Dogs? Who's Loyal Pet Ice Fishes?
« on: Jan 21, 2005, 08:56 PM »
my Vizsla, Magda,  she is a great fisher,  put a bobber on the line and she is a pointin' away.  I am teaching her to bite and pull the bobber when it goes under, who needs a tip up?  two perch have found their way to her line. she loves it. he's the only one to tolerate me in the shanty.... but it is -10 here so she wont be out tomorow...

Offline buckmanJR86

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishin' Dogs? Who's Loyal Pet Ice Fishes?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2005, 01:25 PM »
my chocolate lab loves to be on the ice...even though she has only been once...if u say ice fishing near her her ears go up

FRESHBAIT

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2005, 03:02 PM »
My two labs love to go ice fishing.  Kelly my black lab(100LBS) is going on 3yrs old he loves it, I don't need a skimmer he gets right in there to get the slush out, and He hauls my sled w/ all my gear.  He likes to run and pull so I bought him a harness and hitched him up to it and figured that would fixem'  but oh no he likes it and looks forward to it, and gos hole to hole with me draggn' my sled.  Every once in a while I have to help him out, he gets better every day. Joey my chocolate (75LBS)just turned a yr she hasn't quite figured out her job yet, but she does a pretty good job at catching the minnows in the bucket, only thing is she thinks that they are her own special dog treats.  Maybe I can get her to pick out my bait
without eating them  so they can go on the hook, maybe if she did, all the doggie drool would act as a fish attractant and I would limit out every time. only time will tell.  I like bringing them,  They're also good watch dogs and they seem to scare off the unwanteds

Offline willfishforbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ''drink them before they freeze''
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2005, 07:00 PM »
I GOT A BEAST WHO GOES WITH ME SHES BOUT 60LBS LOVES TO SLEEP IN THE SHED ANY REASON TO GO ANYWERE SHES HAPPY  ...GAME ON  ::) ::) ::)
if u fish till you cant feel your feet its a good day

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Mine sniffs out fish! ;D

Basshuntah

« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2005, 02:13 PM »
Dogs are cool ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.