New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandy pond  (Read 52829 times)

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sandy pond
« Reply #30 on: Jan 31, 2017, 06:50 PM »
I have been in contact with Boggey and sad to say that He will no longer be posting on the forums. Carry on people!! Stay on top!!😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

luv2fish2

« Reply #31 on: Jan 31, 2017, 07:01 PM »
i will miss his reports and posts/stories was hoping to meet him i hope he has an excellent time on loti / and the pond ! peace everyone

Offline Clint S

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 31, 2017, 07:09 PM »
That is bad news.

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #33 on: Jan 31, 2017, 07:21 PM »
I too will miss JBoggey, he had some of the best posts on Iceshanty!  He even PM me once when I asked a question in a thread and gave me a lot of detail that helped me tremendously.  I hope he feels differently eventually and decides to come back again.  I missed what prompted him to decide to leave, but it is a huge loss to this forum!

Offline Birdslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keep moving
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2017, 09:49 PM »
I am deeply saddened by the news that boggey will no longer be posting his wonderful stories and updates from around the pond. I was hoping to meet him at some point this year maybe our paths will still cross!?

As for ice I have been checking the wigwam regularly after work this week and from what I can tell there is some holdover ice from before the melt around the rock pile (which will be of poor quality). Also looks like what might have been a very large opening in front of the launch about 150 yards out with some fresh black ice forming in it since it had a dusting of snow on it. You can still see that it looks significantly darker than the surrounding ice. I personally did not go on the ice because I have a little birdslayer due to be born in July and Mrs. Birdslayer has threatened legal action if I do!!! Everyone knows you don't mess with a pregnant woman! I did notice that it looked as if someone ventured out a little ways through the snow.... anyone have some insight on that? I'M NOT SAYING TRY IT!!! Just curious if that person is on here and what they found out....
Find the bite, Fish the bite, repeat

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:01 AM »
The rock pile was terrible ice before the two week thaw, if anyplace on the pond needed to blow apart it was the rock pile. Mother Nature what did we do to deserve this? It may be a while for Sandy pond
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Offline perryt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:06 AM »
WE ALL MISS BOGGEY  :'( :'( :'(
ice fishing rules

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:23 AM »
I just want to throw this out there. I have not seen JBogey post since the very unfortunate incident. It really pains me to think that he should feel any worse then any of us feel about this unfortunate incident. All of his posts he HARPED AND HARPED about  safety first and to spud.  If you read this JBogey my heart is heavy with you and I look forward to your posts and hopefully to catch up with you on the ice..

X2 - on everything said here.   :'(

Offline raudlin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:30 AM »
I also miss the absence of the most informative posts on this site. I'm also quite sure Mr. Boggey feels terrible about the tradgedy that occurred as do all of the IS community. Hopefully time may see a change in his heart about posting. We all need to remember the single most important thing he harped on constantly. SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Common sense goes along with what that spud in hand is telling us!!😎

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #40 on: Feb 01, 2017, 08:19 AM »
hopefully with these sub 32 temps its growing some ice! although on my drive up to drum this morning, from mexico to sandy creek on 81 was getting hit pretty good with snow :-\
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline Birdslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keep moving
« Reply #41 on: Feb 01, 2017, 08:34 AM »
hopefully with these sub 32 temps its growing some ice! although on my drive up to drum this morning, from mexico to sandy creek on 81 was getting hit pretty good with snow :-\

Thought I was the only crazy one making that drive every morning!!! Complete whiteout Pulaski to just before Adams! Hopefully the wind blew it right off the pond!??? Probably not.... I know
Find the bite, Fish the bite, repeat

Offline PerchTHumb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 01, 2017, 08:37 AM »
The snow has been a pain all year every time we get cold temps we get pounded with snow ugh !

Offline Mooneye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:03 AM »
I too will miss JBoggey, his informative posts and admonition to SPUD, SPUD, SPUD were welcome additions to this site.

For those who may have missed it, the obituary for Mark Pierkowski, one of our two ice-fishing brothers who lost their lives on Sandy Pond, was in the Syracuse Post-Standard on Sunday.  It asked that "In lieu of flowers, please donate to any wildlife foundation or your local animal shelter".  I never met Mark or his fishing partner, Arthur Connors, but I am going to be making a donation in their names.

Be safe out there folks.   

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:13 AM »
Thoughts and prayers sent to you JBoggey, may your heart heal and your sadness be lifted. Please know we are all thinking of you and missing your wonderful insight. Take care sir.

Offline eyedoctor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:36 AM »
x2

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #46 on: Feb 01, 2017, 11:34 AM »
I  talked  to the  old fart  the other day  and  you  don't  me  to tell you all thank  you ,and  he  will be  out at the honey hole if  you  wish  stop  over ,  he  also  said  he  might  just be peaking in lurking .....oh  one  more  thing  spud  spud  spud  and  stay  safe

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Feb 01, 2017, 11:49 AM »
dang ill miss his posts. one of the most informative posters ive seen on this site. maybe ill meet up with him sometime this ice season!
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 01, 2017, 12:15 PM »
I too miss his post! He answered some of my questions last year and I had a chance to met him at the brat roast. He made me feel like an old friend. I hope to see him and his post again. J. BOGGEY SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!

Scott
Big Ice Hole.
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline perryt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 01, 2017, 01:19 PM »
Please come back Jim .................we all need your WISDOM !!!!!
ice fishing rules

Offline Jay slammer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ask pop's
« Reply #50 on: Feb 01, 2017, 01:53 PM »
Looking for any info or reports on the pond.

Offline Ernye_LRFG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:55 PM »
Took a spin to look at the pond this morning...as soon as I got close the snow started. By the time I got to the wig wam it was white out conditions. Couldn't see out onto the pond at all. Called Greene point they said they'll have someone come down over the weekend to check the conditions but with the amount of snow they were getting its looking a little bleak.

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:27 PM »
When I walk out of the wig wam, which way is the rock pile that everyone warns about?
.... AND TO THE FISHING GODS WE SHALL PRAY

Offline beaglehunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up!!
« Reply #53 on: Feb 01, 2017, 06:11 PM »
I too will miss JBoggey posts on iceshanty! His posts were always dead on accurate and we could always expect a little humor mixed in, however the most important thing we could always take away from his ice condition posts about Sandy was his preaching of being safe out there!! I hope you feel better JBoggey and when you feel the time is right, we all will look forward to reading that next post from you!! Spud, spud, spud!

Offline Soggyice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Feb 01, 2017, 07:09 PM »
I dug my old spud out of the barn this year because of the tag line on this thread..spud, spud , spud.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 01, 2017, 07:30 PM »
When I walk out of the wig wam, which way is the rock pile that everyone warns about?
pretty much straight out of the ramp. It's a good sized rock pile.....roughly 0.2 mile from the ramp. Google Navionics web app.... you'll see the rock pile hazard area!!!

Offline Genebob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Feb 04, 2017, 06:52 AM »
The Pennsylvania crew will be missing the posts from JBoggey.  Stay safe and tight lines sir...............Than k You

Offline raudlin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Feb 04, 2017, 05:13 PM »
Has anyone seen Boggey ? Truly boring without his outstanding input.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #58 on: Feb 04, 2017, 05:49 PM »
Has anyone seen Boggey ? Truly boring without his outstanding input.

To all due sadness  Boggey has taken it upon himself to remove his membership..  He will be missed on here..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline rippem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Feb 05, 2017, 10:26 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has ventured out yet. Been a cold week now. I'm really hoping to try GP this week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.