Author Topic: BM  (Read 1078 times)

Offline 4°Fahrenheit

• IceShanty Rookie
BM
« on: Jan 04, 2022, 01:59 PM »
First post since last ice season.

Was attempting to post an update for BM in the conditions section.  No go for some reason. I was up there 12/28/21 with good ice to the cabins.  Willow Creek is safe.  Now the wind howled multiple times since then. Gusts hitting 50mph out of the west as usual.  Could have thinned some of it further west.  Been cold though so ice should be forming all day now and moving west.  And remember to watch where you fish as the reservoir is way low to say the least.

Catch: Just a bunch of small perch and a few rainbows.  No koks. No Lakers.  Woo blipping hoo. 

Pray for the below 20 highs so the fun on Sapinero basin can begin. I'll try the BM condition section first for this week's update.  It's possible we may hit another lake though, depends on its ice, so don't hold your breath.

Happy drilling,

4°F

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: BM
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2022, 04:06 PM »
Don't worry I won't be holding my breath- ::)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline 4°Fahrenheit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2022, 06:05 PM »
1/7/22....Sapinero 100% open water. Bay of chickens and Elk creek frozen but  thickness IDK as we decided to just head east for perch. ~15" at Willow Cr.  Fishing for perch was ok. I managed 14 for the pan and released a bunch of small ones. Stuck 4 rainbows 2 browns on the tip up too for side entertainment.

Never have I've been on that res. this time of year in just a sweater.  Slush on the edge with mud all up the bank leaving at sunset. Crazy warm but very enjoyable. Lol. Headed up again Wed and Fri.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2022, 08:00 PM »
Like some Perch!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline 4°Fahrenheit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2022, 09:12 PM »
Yeah but the average size is not what I'm used to having lived in Ft. Collins for 20 years. The big perch at Blue are far between.

What really killed me is there's over a 1000 acres of empty ice, miles of empty bank and some guy pulls up 40' from me, idles while talking on the phone, proceeds to drill 10 holes, gets back on the phone and fishes for 15 minutes, packs up, drives 40' to the other side of me and repeats. At least he left quickly so I didn't have to try hiding catching fish for too long.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:48 AM »
Yeah but the average size is not what I'm used to having lived in Ft. Collins for 20 years. The big perch at Blue are far between.

What really killed me is there's over a 1000 acres of empty ice, miles of empty bank and some guy pulls up 40' from me, idles while talking on the phone, proceeds to drill 10 holes, gets back on the phone and fishes for 15 minutes, packs up, drives 40' to the other side of me and repeats. At least he left quickly so I didn't have to try hiding catching fish for too long.

That's like when you park your vehicle far away in the parking lot from other vehicles you come out from shopping and some dick has parked 3" away from your vehicle. No other cars around-Maddening- :P
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.