Author Topic: One of my better mornings for Trout  (Read 765 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
One of my better mornings for Trout
« on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:15 PM »
Took a drive about an hour and a half away to make first tracks at a reservoir for first light. It has been storming like crazy over here on the western side of the state, so the drive was a bit much but worth it!!!

From the time we drilled our first holes until the time we left, the fish didn't stop biting. We had a constant stream of marks for the first 2 hours and one about every 10 seconds for the next hour or so after that. We caught a mixed bag of small trout all the way up to a few big ones, with a nice handful of medium ones as well. With the best catch probably being a nice 16ish inch snake river Cutty.

The real winner today was the soft plastics I purchased about a year and a half ago that I forgot about on a shelf. They're pictured below, roadside minnows is the name of the company...the fish couldn't resist them!! Glad I was up with insomnia digging around in tackle boxes the night before😂

Hope you enjoy the pictures, and if you get time, the video is below and is full of fun action🎣🎣

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: One of my better mornings for Trout
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2022, 08:09 PM »
 Thank you for the video and photos, Congratulations to the two of you on a great morning of ice fishing for trout.  :thumbsup: :clap:
 Steve

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: One of my better mornings for Trout
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2022, 01:18 PM »
Thank you for the video and photos, Congratulations to the two of you on a great morning of ice fishing for trout.  :thumbsup: :clap:
 Steve

Thanks Steve!! I wish every time I woke up early it was like that😂😂 Glad to get Cheyenne into an epic time for her first "First Light" Bite ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.