Author Topic: Kdrill question?  (Read 509 times)

Offline Vlasin

• IceShanty Rookie
Kdrill question?
« on: Jan 17, 2020, 01:32 PM »
I have a Echo 25.4cc gas powered drill. Has anyone tried anything like this on a KDrill before? Have one laying around in the shop thought i could maybe put it to use. I posted a picture of the drill.
Thanks

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Kdrill question?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2020, 01:36 PM »
It the drill has 750 inch pounds minimum of torque I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2020, 01:46 PM »
Buddy runs a 6" SM Lazer on his gas Stihl ...after seeing it in action ..it would defiantly turn an 8 in drill

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/augers-and-drills/wood-boring-drill/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2020, 01:55 PM »
Not certain the specs are right says 12 foot lbs of torque ..that would be 144 in/lbs of torque converted ..and that sucker is heavy ..10 plus lbs..think there are better options to turn that K-Drill ..plus it could be quite awkward .

https://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Engine-Drills/EDR-260
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2020, 02:05 PM »
I would think it is too much for the kdrill.  They don't recommend a mudmixer for it and I bet a gas powerhead would be too much.
Don

Offline JH57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2020, 02:52 PM »
Not certain the specs are right says 12 foot lbs of torque ..that would be 144 in/lbs of torque converted ..and that sucker is heavy ..10 plus lbs..think there are better options to turn that K-Drill ..plus it could be quite awkward .

https://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Engine-Drills/EDR-260

I suspect that must be the motor torque specs, not the drill output torque.  It also says it has a 17:1 gear ratio. 

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2020, 03:05 PM »
I would think it is too much for the kdrill.  They don't recommend a mudmixer for it and I bet a gas powerhead would be too much.

Too much? Mudmixer isn't recommended for kdrill because of some built in cut-off that it has. Gas powerheads work fine with a k-drill.

Offline eastchannel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2020, 03:55 PM »
I've been using a Tanaka 262(basically the same drill) for years with no problem.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.