Author Topic: 12 v Battery question  (Read 1000 times)

Offline abbatoys

• IceShanty Rookie
12 v Battery question
« on: Nov 03, 2010, 08:05 PM »
I need a new 12 volt battery for my Marcum LX-3. This has the small posts on top and of course my camera battery and the other two I have are the larger posts, so I can't interchange them. Anyone know the best place to get a new battery or the post size so I can order one somewher...Thanks, Scott

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
Re: 12 v Battery question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2010, 08:13 PM »
Any 7 or 9ah battery will work. Talk to your local phone company and see if they have any old or unused back up batteries for Digital Line Carrier cabinets or AFC cabinets or something similar. Some old emergency exit lights use those type of batteries as well. Or go to the following link.

http://store.marcumtech.com/chargers-and-batteries/marcum-replacment-12-volt-7amp-battery.html

Offline Junior58

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2010, 08:19 PM »
Yea, just order it from Marcum ...... ???
2010 G3 Angler V175 FS   Yamaha 150TXR

Offline yoslick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2010, 09:28 PM »
24$ down at the NAPA auto parts store..
DCC(SW/MTS) US Navy retired 75-95

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2010, 05:43 AM »
Make a jumper wire so you can use any size battery you want. Buy some crimp connectors and make your own. I even make set ups so I can go from the small 7ah to a garden tractor battery. If you do make some, make sure to color code your wires and even the battery terminals so you won't hook anything up wrong.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2010, 08:05 AM »
Make a jumper wire so you can use any size battery you want. Buy some crimp connectors and make your own. I even make set ups so I can go from the small 7ah to a garden tractor battery. If you do make some, make sure to color code your wires and even the battery terminals so you won't hook anything up wrong.

thats what I was thinking too. About a buck fifty in crimp on terminals and 3 minutes of time and you are done with out spending 25-30 on a new battery.

J-

Offline abbatoys

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Thanks guys, I never even thought of that, I have terminals and wire...

Offline double trouble

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2010, 05:17 PM »
 12 volts is all the same. you can buy anything from a 1.3 amp hour to a 350 pound ups backup. we installed 2400 of these in a chase bank routing center that processed 3 million dollars per second.
 I like a 10 amp hour which is slightly taller than a vex battery or a 17 amp hour which most jumper boxes come with. Those work great especially the ones with a cigarette lighter accessory. 
 My latest is a kingcraft from aldi , which was on clearance last winter for $19 and has a usb, 2 cig lighters , 2 lighting options , a compressor , and jump starter.
When the game is over Both the king and pawn both go back in the same box.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.