Author Topic: Lake suggestions?  (Read 1010 times)

Offline SkiSoloII

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Lake suggestions?
« on: Dec 26, 2017, 02:02 PM »
Im here from Michigan for a few days.
 Wife and kids are visiting family friends in Libertyville.  I brought my walking gear (and my floatation device and spud!). I need to grab a license and some spikes.  Suggestions as to where?  Also looking for a panfish  lake.  I've got my Navionics app, so should be fine picking a spot if I can find a lake with fish in it?

If you can help, please pm me so the lake has fewer fisherman on it than fish in it.

Thanks!

Dave

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2017, 02:17 PM »
Pistakee lake on the fox chain is popular. As is Channel lake. I believe the NAIFC is having a tourney on the chain this year.

Not sure if you will find a place with few fishermen. The ice season is rather short around these parts. We get when the getting is good enough to support our happy azzez.

If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline SkiSoloII

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2017, 02:32 PM »
Where are the access points? Neither Navionics nor Google maps show a launch.  Do the bars  and restaurants allow walking access from their lots if you promise to buy a beer?

Also, suggestions for bait and licenses? I guess I can hit bass pro......

Thanks again!

Dave

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2017, 02:55 PM »
Not sure on the bait shops.
But Oak Park Lounge lets you on Pistakee lake for a fee. There are other guys here on IS that can add to access areas.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline sgtski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish all four seasons........ice time da best time
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Ice is just starting to lock up I'm hoping by Friday to get out.....pistakee a great lake to fish but be careful....follow old tracks.....lots of spring and thin ice out there...later mike
"You wanna know how I got these scars......." The Joker

Offline SkiSoloII

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Thanks, guys!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.