Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607035 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15720 on: May 12, 2019, 04:50 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                         It's 42* and raining here on my hill, the rain will be around for a while. ::)
                         I want to wish all the mothers out there a very Happy Mothers Day.
                         Bud.........Good deal selling the old I-Pilot. :clap:
                         Marv........That's big load of wood, that doesn't look good for your back. :whistle:
                         H2L........Did they ever post the results of the tournament? ???
                         Eddie......Those are two good additions to the garden! :thumbsup:
                         Wally.......How did the field hockey go, it was a nice day for it! :flex:
                         The appointment went OK, it was suppose to be for about 45 minutes but it took almost 2 hours for me, I guess I'm complicated. ??? :woot:
                         I hope everyone has a Good Sunday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15721 on: May 12, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mothers out there, Unfortunately my wife is working today but only till 3.

Whopper Stopper, That is quite the pile of wood to move.

IFF, Congratulations on selling the I pilot.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you get good results from the doctors.

I hope everyone has a great day and all mothers have a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15722 on: May 12, 2019, 05:30 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms !!!

WS....all I can say is  :o :o to that load of wood!!

IFF.....I assume Mother Nature stepped in and changed your plans  >:(

IW....glad to hear the doctor’s appointment went ok !! That’s a long time to be in there tho, guy must be thorough!!

Eddie....going to visit your Mom today  ???

Thanks for all the Mother’s Day wishes and the birthday wishes for my granddaughter!!!!

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15723 on: May 12, 2019, 05:42 AM »
43 and light rain. Nice day yesterday.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there. Wife wants Chinese this afternoon so that is what it is. I am sure the dogs will be here.

IW, they still have not put any results up on their website. After digging around I found some info on FB (I don't use FB). Biggest walleye 24", pike 45" and trout about 16".
It did not report on how many people fished it. I was sure I posted it early in the week but it may have gone off into space. There were a few trucks in the launch area yesterday but they still do not have the dock in. I heard they are rebuilding it. They had it all Winter but you know how the state is. The way the weather is, I can wait.

Eddie, hope the garden doesn't drown...lol....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15724 on: May 12, 2019, 06:02 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Jeff, I-45, Wally, H2,Morning Everyone,
  Happy Mother’s Day to all our Mom’s out there on the site!   :bow: :thumbsup:
  Looking like another wet day ahead here...43* with rain falling, a high of 45 today.

Wally... hope you have a wonderful day, safe travels back for you and Mr.WW!   :thumbsup:  Meeting up with quite a few of my family for brunch with my Mom at the facility.
  I-45... glad you will get to spend some of the day with your wife, Happy Mother’s Day to her!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...long visit with the Dr., very thorough like Wally mentioned...that’s a good thing!  Have a safe trip today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...congrats on the sale, better luck with the weather? next trip to Pueblo.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...I’ve seen some impressive loads of wood in a wheelbarrow, but damn, that one takes the cake!! You got to figure out how to put a motor on that thing!   :flex: :bow: :clap:   :roflmao:  Hope the beers were cold....well deserved!    :thumbsup:
  H2...we’ve sure had more than our fair share of rain, crossing fingers, lol. Enjoy the Chinese today!   :thumbsup:

The Little League game was fun yesterday, but the temp at 46* and winds made it feel more like Fall ball....it was cold.
  Rain or shine, my wife would like to have a barbecue today, so that will be on the agenda. All the kids will be by early afternoon...hopefully the rains will let up some.
  Cawfee’s on....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15725 on: May 12, 2019, 10:09 AM »
No it wasn't the weather.  "She" had other plans.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15726 on: May 12, 2019, 10:33 AM »
It is Mother’s Day  :-\

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15727 on: May 12, 2019, 11:22 AM »
Good day, I'll add my Mothers Day wishes to those already posted may all the moms have good and safe days. Like many other a rainy day here seems to be the pattern lately a day or two of dry weather maybe warmer temperature other days dry and windy so feels colder or rain. The viewing and Memorial service for friends father were good. My friend is holding up pretty well and his mom is keeping busy guess it is her way of dealing with the loss.
Ice Wanderer long doctors visit may this doctor agree with your current PT and other treatment of shoulder. Have a safe trip to your MIL's nice surprise for the ladies.
Eddie glad the new hires are fitting in well at the work place and over all crew work well together. Hope you found your MOM in good spirits. Have a good time with your wife and kids later today. May the weather be warmer for your grandson's next game. Best to him and his teammates this season.
Wallyworld Have a great day with your son's family. How did the grandchildren do in the soccer and field hockey games. Safe trip back to central NY.
Icefisher-45 may you get in the Knight of Columbus. Have a good afternoon/evening with your wife.
Hunts2long enjoy the Chinese dinner with your wife. Hope the dock rebuilding does not take to long.
Whopper Stopper that is a large load of firewood are you able to move the wheel barrel. May the weather allow you to complete the tree jobs by month's end so you can do some fishing.
IFF congrats on selling the older I-Pilot,may you get in a fishing trip in coming weeks.

Have a good and safe day.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15728 on: May 12, 2019, 02:38 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Hope you are all having a nice laid back Mothers Day. I took a ride north this morning to visit a special oak tree and pay respects to my Mom.

The wheel barrow picture was for entertainment only ;D But I must say, I sure felt it with all the cutting and splitting. It looks like I am very close to half finished, but I may leave a few of the rounds intact until next spring.

Wishing you all an excellent afternoon and evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15729 on: May 12, 2019, 11:25 PM »
Good Morning Everyone, Sleep isn’t my friend tonight. Had a good Afternoon with my wife. We didn’t do much. Wondering how long it takes to hear from the knights of Columbus. As I told my wife everything we do seems to have a lot of waiting.

Whopper Stopper, I was going to ask how you made out pushing that load of wood.

IFF, Hope you get out on the water soon.

Mr Clean, Prayers for your friend and his mother 🙏🙏.

Mason Eddie, I hope the rains held off so you could have a barbecue.

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday and everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15730 on: May 13, 2019, 04:20 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                          It's 40* and cloudy with rain on the way! ::)
                          I-45.........I get nights like that too, I hope you get some rest today. ???
                          Eddie.......How did the BBQ go, rain seemed to hold off surprising my wife and MIL. :clap:
                          Marv........I was wondering about that wheel barrow, it looked like it would be hard to move, but you seem to be able to do things
               that most people can't. Shall we call you McMarv. :roflmao:
                          Wally.......I hope you had a safe trip home, unless you're coming home this morning. ???
                          Steve......It seems the weather wants to be on this roller coaster pattern. ::)
                          Bud .......I hope you can get your trip to Pueblo that you wanted. :flex:
                          Well I surprised them yesterday, my gifts were perfect for them. There was a houseful when I got there.
                          PT is on today, I don't know if it's the wet weather but my arm/shoulder throbbed during the night, maybe it's part of the healing
               process.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15731 on: May 13, 2019, 05:16 AM »
Morning all,

Heading home this morning once the kids get off to school. Soccer game was a loss, field hockey tournament was a 2 game to 2 game tie.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15732 on: May 13, 2019, 06:08 AM »
43* and cloudy.
Dinner was good yesterday and I didn't have a lot of dishes to do afterwards. Lindsay brought a lemon/blueberry cheesecake. It wasn't bad, if you like cheesecake. She is going to be a good cook like her mother.

IW, good luck with the PT today.

Ice-45, good luck with the KofC.

WW, have a good drive back West.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15733 on: May 13, 2019, 06:28 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

44 kissing 70 later today.

Just got back from my walk. The s-i-l says if I can wait until noon she will help me today with the start of my tree job. Things are a little mixed up because the guy is cleaning stuff up himself as long as I don't bury him with wood and brush. So I will do a hard one by his house and a smaller one in the yard so he should be happy.

WW hope your ride back goes well. I didn't realize it was a 5 hour ride, definitely plenty of time for an idiot to show his face :%$#!:

h2l the lemon/blueberry cheesecake sounds excellent :thumbsup:

Eddie hope the BBQ was a hit :clap: Hope you and the crew have an excellent week :thumbsup:

IW best of luck with the PT. Hope you are right on the throbbing.

Being I have time this morning I have some logs to buckup.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15734 on: May 13, 2019, 11:19 PM »
Good Morning Everyone, Another night of sleeplessness. Wasn’t able to sleep during the day either. May be the stress of the move and not being able to do much. Supposed to be a crappy day with some snow. I’m glad my wife is home today.

Wally World, I hope you had a safe trip home.

Whopper Stopper, How did the tree job go?

Hunts2long, I don’t think i’ve seen a lemon/blueberry cheesecake. It does sound good. Glad your Bbq was a success.

Ice Wanderer, I hope your pt went well and your Arm and shoulder are feeling better.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. God Bless Everyone and tight lines to those on the water.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15735 on: May 14, 2019, 05:04 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                        It's 34* and it did it, it snowed overnight, it was only a dusting but it stilled snowed. Actually it's snowing now. :o :cookoo: :wacko:
                        I-45........If you get tired enough, you'll sleep. But you could try some Melatonin, Natures Bounty 3mg is good, 3 tablets before bed. ::)
                        Marv.......You have a good SIL to help you out like that to help you out. :thumbsup: :clap:
                        H2L.........MMMMMM Lemon blueberry cheesecake yum! :flex:
                        My PT went well, she added a pipe to my exercises, I hold the pipe with both hands while laying down on my back and bringing the pipe
                 from my chest to over my head. Then holding the pipe straight up moving it from side to side, some discomfort in doing these two exercises.  :blink:
                        Today is little Carson day, will have to find something to do with him.
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing or doing!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15736 on: May 14, 2019, 06:01 AM »
Morning all,

Home sweet home nothing like it  :thumbsup: :clap:  The drive home wasn't bad at all, not much traffic to deal with  :clap:  The ground in part of the Berkshire Mountains was covered with fresh snow and the road had been plowed  :o  :wacko:  Another inch of rain here  ::)

WS.....hope all went well at the job yesterday  ;)

IW.....guess at some point the pt was going to get uncomfortable   :pinch:  no pain no gain right  ???

Eddie.....those gremlins must have made a permanent move your way  :(

IF45.....don't stress yourself out over things you have no control over   :nono:   your body needs rest so it can heal  ;)

H2L....glad dinner was good AND easy  :thumbsup:

Tomorrow morning we're heading north for a few days to do some walleye/trout fishing  :clap: :flex: :thumbsup:  hoping the fish AND weather cooperate  ;)2

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15737 on: May 14, 2019, 06:08 AM »
Hello folks just checking in quick.
 Jeff glad your arm is feeling better...
I'm off to see the Dr this morning because the plate in my collar bone is loose..... :-\
 Mothers day week and weekend was a bust. Cold rain and wind is not good for selling plants.....   :P
 Marv wanted to see some green house pictures so here is some from my yard and greenhouses..... 
 Have a great day everyone...

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15738 on: May 14, 2019, 06:20 AM »
Good Morning 45, IW! Good Morning everyone :bow:

45 I hope you can eventually crash for a couple of days. It sounds like right now that would really help, maybe IW is on to something :thumbsup:

IW enjoy little Carson day :thumbsup: How does Carson and the weather cat get along ??? You are right she is a dandy.

I am not sure who switched bodies with me over night but I want my old one back. The s-i-l and I got to the tree job at 12:30pm and at 4pm we were loaded up heading for home. The 2 trees hanging over the house went like a dream and I was able to swing some big cranks out into the yard. S-i-l was on her game and handled everything I gave her. I told her she could show the guys at work how it's done, she said No Thanks ;D

I will be able to do the rest of the job alone once the guy gets the mess cleaned up. I figure another 4-5 hours and I will be done with the last 3 smaller trees, better than the 3 days I was planning. I talked to the s-i-l a bit ago and she said other than her hands she was feeling pretty good. The rope causes hand cramps when roping, and you have to have the right friction on the rope so there is enough weight to let the pieces fly when needed, too much friction is how houses get smacked.

This morning my wife is going into the eye Dr. for a pressure check of her left eye. This is just an on going nightmare as they try to get things dialed in. Her last visit one of the drops increased the eye pressure to an all time high, so they did away with that drop and added 2 others. Being she is juggling 5 different drops 3 times a day it is hard for them to get it right.

Time to find my tennis shoes and get my to drop off. I am thinking 2 miles will be enough today, pretty sure that will hold me.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15739 on: May 14, 2019, 06:26 AM »
Morning Dom!

You never disappoint, Wow! Beautiful!!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15740 on: May 14, 2019, 07:08 AM »

Morning again,
                          Dom.......Did the plate come loose because of too much activity or something else. You have to take it easy in order to
                  heal. ::)
                          Marv.......Good job on the trees, you're the man. Don't over do it. ???
                          Wally......Crazy weather huh!

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15741 on: May 14, 2019, 07:19 AM »
Yes Jeff it did but there were a lot of plants to move and sell this past week.....
 :-\ :-\

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15742 on: May 14, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Morning every one. It has been a while since I got on other than to read others posts.

Raq Great pictures as usual. The red bud at the other place and the one here are finally starting to show some color. The plate loosening up does not sound good. I was able to get some Michigan asparagus while I was over hunting. It  was not as good as it shuld have been as it was slow growing. A lot of the asparagus got froze Friday night.

WS I could have used your help over at the other place last week end as the top of a big soft maple that came down hitting my shed from the neighbors property. Of course I did not have my chainsaw with me so I had to use my sawsall. My son had picked up 5 trimming blades some where for what I paid for the single Milwaukee blade I bought. They have no set in them. I wish I still had the saw set I used to have so I could try putting some set in them. It took a long time to get it off the shed and the roof patched with aluminum flashing. my son took along time gettng there to help me but he was baking me a rubarb pie so that made it OK. The neighbor woman helped me get it off the roof.
I hope that the doctor can get you wifes eye pressure straightend out.

ww They had the walleye egg take on the Muskegon river on www.michiganoutofdoors tv last week. I finally got to watch the show Sunday night. This egg take is where all of the walleye eggs come from for all of the plantings in the state. It is suprising the number of wallyes that come up when they shock them. Good luck on the walleye fishing.

My turkey hunting was a bust again this week end. My son and I did some running around to places he and I chased turkeys 30 years ago. It brought back a lot of memeories. I have never seen so much blown down timer in all of my live put together. Some one had been through clearing most of the two tracks.
The only tom we had comming in was spooked just out of range when the wife decided to call me so my phone rang. GRRRR I could not get to it to shut it off. The big flocks of turkeys I was hunting the first two days of season got drove out ot the area by the farmer putting up two low rows of wire to keep the deer out of the orchards. I have to fill my tag this weekend as it will be the last I will be able to go over there to hunt.
I was a nice guy at the Assn board meeting last night. I did not have to cause trouble with the board as a woman stayed on the back of the board member that has one of the short term rentals. The lone wolf, the only good guy, on the board went after the secratary about why there are no minutes on the web site.

The wife had the cyst taken out yesterday. Now the wait to find out what it was.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15743 on: May 14, 2019, 07:48 AM »
Thanks Tom. Well maybe I should post the good pics of the trip..

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15744 on: May 14, 2019, 10:34 AM »
Good morning, so far no rain today but sky is overcast so expecting to see more wet weather before Tuesday is over hope the roller coaster weather pattern ends before to long.
Whopper Stopper thought the wheel barrel photo might have been staged. Your lucky SIL's schedule allowed her to help with the tree job. Glad you have a good relationship with her makes life much nicer. Best to your wife getting eye drop problems corrected.
Icefisher-45 thank you for the prayers for my friend and his mother. May you get some sleep sure everything will work out with your move to the apartment.
Ice Wanderer may the new exercises not cause you to much discomfort.Hope the snow fall is minimal . Have a good day with Carson.
Wallyworld good to read trip home was problem free happy for you the roads in Berkshire's were plowed of the new snow. Best to both of you on the fishing trip may Mother Nature be nice and give you some better weather and more fish on your lines.
Hunts2long glad your wife enjoyed her Mothers Day dinner. Your daughters cheese cake sounds delicious.
Raquettedacker thank you for all the photos nicely landscaped home and the green houses are looking good. May you also receive extended stretch of nicer weather that gets people out working on their properties so you move all those plants and flowers.  Best to you at the doctors let others at work pick up some of the load before doctor tells you to take time off so collar bone can heal properly.
Tom Turkey looks like a delayed planting and growing season for much of our country probably see higher prices for lower quality produce. Sure you enjoyed the rhubarb pie. Good the section of maple tree only damaged a shed and not house roof. Best to you on next turkey hunt remember to switch cell phone to vibrate. May your wife receive a good report on the cyst. Happy for you others are getting on the Assoc. board members case and questioning their actions.
Eddie hope it has been a time shortage that has kept you from posting and not major computer problem.

Have a good Tuesday everyone. Best to all fishing or hunting.
 Steve

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15745 on: May 14, 2019, 11:53 AM »

Morning again,
                          Dom.......Did the plate come loose because of too much activity or something else. You have to take it easy in order to
                  heal. ::)
                          Marv.......Good job on the trees, you're the man. Don't over do it. ???
                          Wally......Crazy weather huh!

IW

3 of the screws came out..

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15746 on: May 14, 2019, 12:35 PM »
Oh my  :o  :o

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15747 on: May 15, 2019, 03:39 AM »
Morning all,

Heading out shortly. Fingers crossed the fish are hungry  ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15748 on: May 15, 2019, 04:53 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                          It's 33* looks like there could have been a frost. ::)
                          Wally.........Good luck out on the lake. :thumbsup:
                          Raquett......Great pictures except for the ones with the loose screws, they make me cringe. :sick: I know how dedicated you are
                 to the greenhouse but you need time to heal or you could have permanent damage. ???
                          Steve.........I've seen some cool springs before but nothing like this, one year we had rain every weekend for 11 weeks straight.
                 But the week days were nice so it wasn't all that bad. But rain almost every day is not good. :P
                          Eddie.........I hope you can get your computer problems figured out. ???
                          Marv..........Good going on the tree job, will you work on it today? ??? You asked a while back how Carson and the weather cat
                 get along, they do just fine when it's just Carson is here alone but when the other grand kids come the cat goes off and hides. He hates
                 loud noise. :blink: I'm with the cat on that one.
                          Not much going on today except PT. My wife is anxious to get her window boxes done but with the weather the way it's been she
                 doesn't have the drive in it.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out fishing. 

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15749 on: May 15, 2019, 05:34 AM »
Good morning IW, WW :bow:

Just getting ready to head down the road for my walk.

WW Good luck with the fish today :thumbsup:

IW I can't finish until the guy cleans up. He is hoping to get it done by Saturday so I will head back around Tuesday if all works out. I am with you and the cat on the loud noises ;D

Eddie hope your week is winding down, take care Sir :thumbsup:

Yesterday I laid low for about an hour and then I had to do something. I finished cutting up my logs and split about a face cord to finish off the pile that I have been working on. I have just short of 4 full cords with at least that much left. I am thinking I will get 1 more cord and call it quits.

My JD lawn tractor is about 20 years old, my chain driven snow blower is the same but it is in tough shape from lots of use. My neighbor traded a guy a bigger lawn tractor for the exact same set I have, but in mint condition. A guy wanted to buy the tractor but no interest in the blower. So the neighbor asked if I wanted to switch blowers and he would sell my old one this fall, needless to say I jumped on it. I am going to make the switch this morning.

I also have a small tree job at 9 am so the day is filling in.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.