Author Topic: poachers busted...sort of.  (Read 1427 times)

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
poachers busted...sort of.
« on: Apr 21, 2015, 07:37 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/catch-of-the-day-illegal-fish-selling-ring-caught-fined-51k-1.3042607

what a joke.  these guys probably have more than $50k squirrelled away judging by the price/pound of fish these days.  2 year ban from commercial fishing...not what i'd call justice. 

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: poachers busted...sort of.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2015, 08:19 PM »
Just a slap on the wrist.... >:(
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2015, 10:26 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/catch-of-the-day-illegal-fish-selling-ring-caught-fined-51k-1.3042607

what a joke.  these guys probably have more than $50k squirrelled away judging by the price/pound of fish these days.  2 year ban from commercial fishing...not what i'd call justice.

I bet they didn't save much of it

should be lifetime ban.  good to see the environment getting this at least. 

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2015, 06:35 PM »
 i wonder if the $ go to enviro or general coffers.  maybe 30% to enviro 70% general...just like our license fees.

Offline Rosco39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2015, 10:55 PM »
Yup, nothing but a slap on the wrist. This happened at Canoe Lake from late 90's to early 2000's. The guy had been illegally fishing in closed waters of Jan's bay. He had done it for a number of years, but they were more worried about who was buying the walleye then who did the crime. He only got 5000$ fine and lost his licence for 2-3 years. The worse thing with this is now the limit for walleye is only 1. This was the result of illegal fishing for years and ruined a very good fishery. 👎 to the poachers, 👍 to catching them, 👎 to the penalties they received.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.