Author Topic: Rice, Otter, and Roland Lakes  (Read 858 times)

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
Rice, Otter, and Roland Lakes
« on: Jan 21, 2012, 09:16 PM »
Sorry asking for info on all three lakes. Just looking for ice thickness. Taking my young daughter (2.5 yrs) out tomorrow and wanting to make sure the ice is good. If you want to throw out if they've been biting or any tips I'll take that too. Mostly looking for ice conditions though. Thanks.

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Rice, Otter, and Roland Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:47 AM »
Nothing then?  :-\

Offline wedkarz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2012, 12:56 PM »
I was up on Otter about 2 weeks ago and the ice was a solid 8 inches thick. Should be fine

Offline Westside Ben

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2012, 08:38 PM »
Its a little late, but I was on otter and chassell bay today, the ice was around 11 inches on both.  Fishing was ok for crappie in chassell, and only one small pike in otter.

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Thanks guys. We ended up going to Roland. About 1.5 inches of frozen slush, then 4 or 5 inches of slush. Underneath all that was 8-10 inches of solid ice though. The trip didn't last long. Setting our second tip up my daughter went through the false layer and soaked her foot, so that was the end of the trip. Oh well, at least I got out with her.

Offline Westside Ben

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2012, 08:58 PM »
I love fishing there in the summer, but the ice always seems bad so I never go anymore.  I can't wait to take my daughter out in a year or two, great to get out with the kids.

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:09 PM »
Ya, I wanted to start her early. When we went to Chassell Bay last weekend I just set up tip ups and then walked around with her. We didn't catch anything but she really liked being out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.