The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where's everyone From?  (Read 21068 times)

Paradice

Re: Where's everyone From?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 12, 2004, 12:09 PM »
Hey Noodle Stick,

I can't help ya with the ice conditions, but grab yourself an outdoor news.  They've got a LOW report every week.  should be pretty current yet.  Their is also a number for a resort or bait shop you can contact.  Watch out for the new regs. 

noodle stick

« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2004, 08:41 PM »
Yea, I saw where the limits were reduced starting last week.   4 and 4 (or eight sauger) aren't bad though.   Its better to lower it now than to have the fish population drop too low.  Should be making ice today! :tipup:

Jiggathon

« Reply #32 on: Jan 18, 2005, 02:21 AM »
Go to school and live in Grand forks but am originally from Cambridge-isanti area. It gets me kinda down that i have to drive an hour to get to a good ice fishing lake. but oh well thats life and lake of the woods is only 3 hours away.

Knife2sharp

« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2005, 08:55 AM »
I'm from Maplewood, lived there for 30 years.  Now I moved acroos the river to Roberts/River Falls area.  I bought the MN lifetime angler license and that was a great investment, not only for fishing, but I can still buy resident hunting licenses as well. 

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2005, 09:23 AM »
Beaver Dam.....Wisconsin that is.  Been to Minnesota a few times in my life.  Went to St Cloud a few times as a kid.  Went to Thief River Falls a couple years ago.  I left here and it was cold (-5 or so) but when I got off the plane in Thief River Falls the cold air took my breath away.  It was somewhere between -20 and -30 there that day.  The people that fish in that cold regularly are some diehards.  The plane ride back I got to see a lot of the state as I was in a puddle jumper and we weren't that high up.  Although I enjoy living here Minnesota wouldn't be a bad state to live in at all (well except the Vikes and Gophers  ;D).
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2005, 10:16 AM »
Hey Jiggathon, I was born and raised in Cambridge. Left there a long time ago. Loved fishing in the Rum River and Goose Lake out by Stark. We used to catch big sunnies right off the dock by the old icehouse on Lake Fanny. Do you happen to know Cliff Edblad or Loren Lindberg? I swear either one of those guy's could catch fish in a bathtub. Cliff is my first cousin. When I was a kid, I swore that one day I was going to learn to catch fish as well as Cliff can. On the rare occasions that Cliff and I can get out fishing, he still whips my butt! I live in Warroad now. Give me a holler if you ever get up this way. DIRTBALL2...aka:Keith Forsberg :tipup: :)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline dsmatuska

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The Lucky Man.
« Reply #36 on: Jan 18, 2005, 12:05 PM »
Cross Lake in Pine County (part of the Snake River Flowage).
I CAN clean fish.  My wife, on the other hand, prides herself in the art of filleting fish.  I mean to tell you, she can fillet ANYTHING, therefore I call myself "The Lucky Man."

Offline panfishpmp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2005, 01:30 PM »
SAVAGE, MN BABY! :-*
Kevin Kiffmeyer

NAD42

« Reply #38 on: Jan 18, 2005, 06:00 PM »
Saratoga, NY.........saw a clip on world news tonite about the temps in MN (-54)....I applaud you icefishers that 'live' for the sport. Hands down, you're in a league of your own.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2005, 10:55 PM »
I live in Staples and work in Brainerd.........
aka the Ice Man
Hard Ice

Offline MT Net

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walleyes on ice, that's nice!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 19, 2005, 07:10 AM »
Hi guys!  A few familiar names I see here.  I'm down here in the north metro with us fellow citiots.    ;D

:tipup:

Offline LoWbLaZaH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 20, 2005, 07:41 AM »
Shakopee baby....got the shack on Lake ODowd's

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 20, 2005, 01:07 PM »
Gary, Indiana, via Woodbury, Oakdale, Maplewood,Minnesota. Been back in Indiana now for 3 years and I'm hating every minute of it!!! Hey we finally have some fishable ice now, it's about time!!!
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 23, 2005, 02:45 AM »
Originally from "Up Nort."  Up by Grand Rapids.  Grew up fishing the hundreds of great honey holes up there for eyes, pike, bass, craps, sunnies, muskies, etc.  I'm living down here in the Cities (Brooklyn Center) & hating every minute of it, but I'm just here for college.  I hope to get my degree & move back up north & start my own sporting goods store.  While I'm here, though, I'm trying to make the best of it, & while you guys that live down here may be lacking in size for most of the lakes, there's definitely the numbers of fish.  I just got off Minnetonka today & hammered the craps & sunnnies.  4 beautiful craps & 12 keeper sunnies.  I just find it amazing that there's still fish in lakes that are surrounded by 1 million people.  It's a good thing not everyone's an ice fisherman!

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline pondjumper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 23, 2005, 09:12 PM »
tuscola-il,but my grandparents have owned a cottage on lake kabetogama for almost 50 years.I wish i could spend every day up there,you guys have thebest country up there.kudos to all that live up there-shane

Offline coldashell

• IceShanty Rookie
  • they call me ....."the fish killer"
« Reply #45 on: Feb 21, 2005, 03:31 PM »
hey noodle stick,

I am also from Duluth, born and raised, what lakes do you fish??  me and my buddy go to fish, and island lake alot.  did you go to the big jig on the 13th.

coldashell
...........a bad day on the lake is better then a good day at work.

Offline coldashell

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 22, 2005, 08:52 AM »
anyone else from the duluth area ??? ??? ??? :tipup:

Offline coldashell

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 23, 2005, 03:23 PM »
HELLO :woot:ANYONE????? <*)}}}}}><  :tipup:

Offline crappiemaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Aug 22, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Andover, MN. Anyone else from around here? ??? ??? ???

Offline xrayman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Oct 21, 2005, 01:30 AM »
I live in Iowa, but make it up to my parents many times a year near McGregor

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Oct 23, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Brained,Minnesota here
Hard Ice

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Oct 31, 2005, 01:53 PM »
Isanti, MN here, but I root for the Nashwauk/Keewatin Spartans every chance I get!! 

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Nov 01, 2005, 05:36 PM »
Go Spartans!!!  Do you know how they did in football this year?

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Nov 02, 2005, 06:58 AM »
They are still going!!  They play tomorrow night I believe.  Ended the season 9-1. 

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Nov 02, 2005, 05:41 PM »
Do you know how their race to state is going this year?

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Nov 03, 2005, 09:08 AM »
I am heading to Nashwauk tomorrow for deer hunting, so I will try to remember to grab a local paper and get you the skinny.  I am not sure who they play tonight. 

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Nov 03, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Found it, they play Onamia at 5:00

My bad, they play tonight 11/4/5 at 5:00.

I suppose I should also cheer for Cambridge/Isanti since my kid is more than likely going to be going there. 

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Nov 04, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Hey, I'm just getting ready to head up north of nash. myself!  Hope you have a good, safe weekend.  Good luck!

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Nov 07, 2005, 07:04 AM »
Hey, I'm just getting ready to head up north of nash. myself!  Hope you have a good, safe weekend.  Good luck!
Nashwauk whooped Onamia!  Were you deer hunting?  It was quiet up there.  I was the only one for our party of 7 to get a deer.  Only one to shoot as far as that goes. 

Offline Duckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Nov 08, 2005, 08:33 AM »
Hanover, Minnesota, but I'm going to school at the University of Grand Forks in North Dakota right now.  Should graduate in May and than I'll be living here, so I wont be a Minnesota resident for too much longer...just long enough to get at least one more season of icefishing in  ;D
God, it's good to be in the frozen tundra!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.