Author Topic: pineview 2-22-12  (Read 868 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
pineview 2-22-12
« on: Feb 22, 2012, 11:03 PM »
Hit the view tonite, started at the narrows and let me tell you the gale force winds were out in full force. We watched the white caps chewing up the ice past the bouy line and then some. But being the diehards we are we still ventured down the trail to the ice, as our luck would have it the plank from last trip was still there and it was needed as the edges are pretty much gone atleast 3ft in some areas. We got our stuff out onto the ice and started heading for our spot. The water on the ice is awful as much as 3in in some areas. Got to our spot and decided it wasn't gonna happen as I almost went kite surfing with my QF3. Packed the stuff back up and headed to the truck. The only place that would work is port ramp. Got to the ramp and there were a few other people that had the same idea as this was looking to be the only place that you could fish with out standing in too much water. Started out in 54fow was marking fish from 35 to 45. No takers. The other guys where catching pretty good in 40fow and actually had what looked to be a 14-15in slab. So moved the tents and set up in shallower. Was markin lots of fish right away and for the next hr or so couldn't even get a looker or chaser. Fished till 730 with only 3 bites and let me tell you I had to really work em off the bottom to get that. Ice was still 6-7in in the narrows and atleast 12-14 in the boat dock area. If you head up take some water proof boots and a plank as the edges are really goin quick. Tightlines
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.