Author Topic: sled protector  (Read 1864 times)

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
sled protector
« on: Dec 13, 2003, 09:15 PM »
It hasn't been a problem for me yet as my first shelterw/ built in sled is very new and haven't used it much.....but a friend said that his sled nearly wore out because of having to pull it over some rough areas,.. he said he fixed the problem by screwing a dowel  that he planed one side, to the edge of the sled and attached one/two of those rolled up kids plastic sliders,..cheap at big toy stores,..they are very tough and take all the stress,/scrapes ..thought I would pass that along to anyone that is conserned about wearing theirs out...I imagine tough and costly to fix once its worn through...

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
Re:sled protector
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2003, 09:30 PM »
There have been many post on this. Some use conduit, snowmobile hyfax, plastic strips etc. I used aluminum flat bar 3" wide, drilled and counter sunk the flat head machine screws. The aluminum cost five bucks for the pair at a local steel supplier. This is on a Fish Trap Guide, they weigh a pound apiece. Here is a pic:

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2003, 07:06 AM »
That looks great,...not sure what to do yet with my shappell 3000. I understand there is an optional ski thing to add but can't seem to find them or any reference yet. I JUST now see the search funtion hear,..looked for it before but only see it now(?)  Guess I need to use it,..

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2003, 11:50 AM »
I think my fish trap is about 8-10 yrs old now...It's one of the originals with the deep tub and shelf in the back.. I suspected the bottom would wear out long before the rest of the trap would (probably planned obsolescence)
 I installed a couple of 3/4" conduit runners in much the same fashion as kenelz.

Some day I may have to replace the runners.

RG

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2003, 04:23 PM »
I think Clam Corp makes a stick on or screw in strips for the runners now. Thought I saw them on there web page under accessories.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.