Author Topic: Yukon,Tundra,Voyager,Mitchell or Cabin?  (Read 1298 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
Yukon,Tundra,Voyager,Mitchell or Cabin?
« on: Dec 01, 2013, 11:57 PM »
Hey guys trying to decide what hut to get. I want the bigest bang for the buck. I like the price and size of the Tundra but I will have to put seats in it because I have to have a backrest and it is not thermal. The Yukon has good seats and a thermal top but is 7" narrower than the Voyager, Tundra and Mitchell. The Voyager and Mitchell are pretty much the same except the mitchell is full thermal and comes the a cover,lights and bait wells. But they  are also $679 and $823. I also thought about the cabin but it is only 66" wide and cost for the 1200 full thermal is $849. I know Otter is top quality but is it worth the extra $$$? Thanks for the input!
  Matt

Offline tr7

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Yukon,Tundra,Voyager,Mitchell or Cabin?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2013, 08:56 PM »
I just bought the Voyager Friday and set it up Saturday. I've been looking for a new shack for while and doing all of the comparables at the stores. I wanted to upsize from my Frabil Trekker Dlx. and this was the shack I chose. I absolutely love it! It's still light enough to walk with but is much bigger and has tons of great features. I added the light bar right away and that is awesome. Also I was able to pick it up for $499! Fleet Farm was running a sale and Cabelas matched it.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2013, 10:18 PM »
Wow I wonder if gander will do that. Was your voyager the tcx model?
Matt

Offline tr7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2013, 11:15 PM »
Yeah the TCX. Gander should match, at least they have in the past.

Offline tr7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2013, 11:15 PM »
Yeah the TCX. Gander should match, at least they have in the past.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2013, 01:46 AM »
Hey guys trying to decide what hut to get. I want the bigest bang for the buck. I like the price and size of the Tundra but I will have to put seats in it because I have to have a backrest and it is not thermal. The Yukon has good seats and a thermal top but is 7" narrower than the Voyager, Tundra and Mitchell. The Voyager and Mitchell are pretty much the same except the mitchell is full thermal and comes the a cover,lights and bait wells. But they  are also $679 and $823. I also thought about the cabin but it is only 66" wide and cost for the 1200 full thermal is $849. I know Otter is top quality but is it worth the extra $$$? Thanks for the input!
  Matt

the size comparison is as follows :

the Tundra and the Voyager TCX are the same size. the Tundra is new this year and is geared more towards people that want a larger shack but don't want to spend the money to get the Voyager. it is also more of a entry level house for someone just starting out.

the Jason Mitchell Thermal X is similar to the X2 Thermal only difference beside what you already posted is the fabric color and the sled design. the Mitchell has a flat top sled and the X2 sled drops down in the middle.

the Yukon TC is in a size class all it's own (nothing of comparable size in the product line)

the middle of the road would be to go with a Voyager TCX. it's not the cheapest and it is not the most expensive.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2013, 09:19 PM »
I went with voyager I like mine a lot more after adding lights and accessories its comfortable for two and plenty tall to stretch up in and it fits under the soft truck cover and its not terrible heavy to load
Never to many short poles

Offline frostbittin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2013, 04:39 PM »
I would never own anything other than an otter. I started out with a clam, moved to a frabill, and my last two have been otters. They are worth the price, highest quality everything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.