Rhode Island > Ice Fishing Rhode Island

Bowdish Ice 02/13/21 - CAREFUL

(1/2) > >>

RIMainuh:
Edges took a huge hit yesterday with those 60 degree temps an 8' piece of 3/4 ply won't even get me to safe slab ice from my front lawn. I suspect it might be sketchy edge wise most places. If you get out be careful. Ice has probably sugared up a lot in spots. Was planning a day of watching traps from the house but not happening. Need a couple nights of good hard refreeze to get a couple more weeks of fishing. If you are headed out be careful!!!! :tipup:

_Icecold_:
Yeah I think the ice definitely took a beating yesterday. Even with 8"+ of ice it can get soft quick. Not going out today for that reason. This cold the next few days should help. If not, then heading north next weekend.

Ballbag:
Was wondering how the ice made out down here…came back from Winni we were on 18 inches crazy weather fishing in t shirts. Slow fishing but warm!

RIMainuh:
02/14 12:30 update- edges are still pretty rough not much improved from yesterday. slushing heavily but still not supportive of weight. If it stays below 32 degrees and we get a good over night drop in temps. might have luck by tomorrow A.M. but I think that is hopeful at best.

Ballbag:
The next two nights are close to single digits…Wed will be great

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version