Author Topic: New Guy From Central Ontario  (Read 433 times)

Offline RemMag

• IceShanty Rookie
New Guy From Central Ontario
« on: Dec 15, 2014, 10:12 PM »
Thought an intro would be appropriate.  Long time lurker and fish mainly the Kawartha's but venture up to Bancroft territory the odd time.  I fish, hunt, and just started taking up trapping.  I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to ice fishing and a lot has been trial and error as far as my outings.  The info on this site has been great and appreciate the info from everyone who has posted so far on the various sub-sections.  My main goal this year is to try and hammer some crappie which seem to elude me.  I've caught everything but.  Anyway, that's my little intro and good luck to everyone heading out soon! Fingers crossed for some decent ice!

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Guy From Central Ontario
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2014, 02:36 PM »
Welcome aboard.  Outside of spring time Crappie elude me most of the time as well.  They roam so just got to cover some ice and they can be caught during the day however as Iam sure you have read you will have your most success dawn/dusk and night time.
@jzuliniak

Offline RemMag

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New Guy From Central Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:48 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  I know what you mean about covering some ice to locate them.  Last year was a little more difficult trying to do so with just a hand auger to use, but I'm hoping to get my hands on a good motorized auger soon which hopefully opens up a few more doors as far as locating fish.  Fished for them before, during and after dusk but with an inadequate heat source in a pop up hut, I could only hang in there for so long.  A better heater is on the list of upgrades as well

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.