Author Topic: Mounting Humminbird 999 GPS on ATV??  (Read 4014 times)

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
Mounting Humminbird 999 GPS on ATV??
« on: Mar 04, 2015, 10:31 PM »
Just wondering if anybody has mounted a hummingbird fish finder on there ATV? I have a hummingbird 999 and thought it might be good to use on the trips out and I have the Navionics card for it? If you do can you post pic's on how you have it mounted??

Thanks
Charles E.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Mounting Humminbird 999 GPS on ATV??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2015, 07:24 AM »
I use my HB 597 on my ATV, there is a RAM mount and power cord kit you can get thru HB. Might be work a look to see if it would work for your HB

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Do you use it more for the gps/lake structure or do you have the transducer in the water when you get setup?
Charles E.

Offline IFH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 03:27 AM »
Not sure if this what your looking for 08. This is how I mounted a Montana GPS to my Outlander with a Ram mount.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2015, 07:34 AM »
I purchased one of those ice fishing bags here http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/trophy-angler-electronics-soft-pack-bag?a=1543380, and on the sides, there's two little slits where I run a bungee cord through to secure it to the front racks.  It works perfectly, I ride over some bumpy ice and it's never budged.  Then when I get where I'm going, I just tuck the bungee cord in the pack and I'm ready to go!

The zippers on the bag are a little cheaper than I would have liked, but for $20, it's hard to beat.  I also used a 5 gallon bucket as a stencil and cut a piece of plywood to mount my Lowrance Elite 5 HDI to.  Not a bad little setup.  Sure beats the $160 or whatever Lowrance charges for their ice kit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.