Author Topic: Polaris ATV Wheel Spacers?  (Read 937 times)

Offline alumabass

• IceShanty Rookie
Polaris ATV Wheel Spacers?
« on: Jan 25, 2015, 12:37 PM »
I just bought a 2001 Polaris 400 Xplorer.  I want to put tire chains on the front, does this model require front wheel spacers to do this?  I read that some Polaris models do.  If I do, what do I need to buy, and where do I get them?  Thank you.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: Polaris ATV Wheel Spacers?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:08 PM »
I would just call the experts, your local Polaris dealer. They'll have all the info you need & spacers if necessary. A guy I know put 1" spacers on all four corners of his Polaris Razr because he wanted to limit any possible issues with chaining up all four, so he said anyway. Chained all four up & threw one off the front. Busted up his plastic & a few other parts. He may not have had it tightened up real snug, who knows. Regardless, he wasn't to happy.

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Polaris ATV Wheel Spacers?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2015, 12:19 AM »
You're better off putting studs in the front wheels, no risk of damage and they grip the ice like you're on dry pavement.  You can use 1/2" sheet metal screws, however, if you buy the actual ice screws made for the job they work much better, last longer, and they stay in better.  You can also put more or less in for more or less traction.  I like them for my 2wd quad on the ice because it's all about getting sideways, all the time.  If you put too many in the tires, they grip too well.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.