Author Topic: Best suit for cold weather?  (Read 44447 times)

Offline beeverfishingscatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • HARDWATER CHICK :)
Re: Best suit for cold weather?
« Reply #180 on: Feb 16, 2013, 04:21 AM »
for warmth an durability you can NOT beat the frabil fxe sno suit,they are absolutely awesome 
so far i have that they are sold out for the season....and another thread not long ago said they will not have more til next season
one old fisherman's catch of a lifetime ;) 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>   HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY

Offline kri7290

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #181 on: Feb 16, 2013, 07:23 AM »
ive had the grey ice armor suit for about 5 yrs. , never once got cold even down to single digits,recently bought blue one and its not nearly as warm{hence the 100 dollar difference] luckly i kept the grey one ,then the zipper broke on the blue one , so i just returned it.

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #182 on: Feb 19, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Guess I'll find out.....just ordered the Striker Hardwater......

Offline Easyprey jigs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #183 on: Feb 19, 2013, 05:29 PM »
I have a ice armor suit the extrem one and I stay very warm love it
Fl20

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #184 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Guess I'll find out.....just ordered the Striker Hardwater......

You will love it I have the climate suit
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline hoppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #185 on: Feb 27, 2013, 04:46 PM »
Ive just been using Carhart Artic line bibs and jacket. Teamed up with multiple layers of other stuff underneath it works awesome for me. Just an idea for those that dont want to pay for the high price stuff.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #186 on: Feb 27, 2013, 09:00 PM »
Ive just been using Carhart Artic line bibs and jacket. Teamed up with multiple layers of other stuff underneath it works awesome for me. Just an idea for those that dont want to pay for the high price stuff.

Carhart Artic jacket and bibs cost about 220 beans so you have a good point But 100% cotton shell will sink you like a rock if you get wet and have to get out of water over your head. I got a striker climate jacket and love it I will wear the liner under my light bow hunting jacket if its cold or raining. I just ordered the climate bibs for the same reason warm, water Proof, light and breathes. I spent 469$ and it will be used all but 2 months of the year. My step dad and brother were packing MY ice gear so we could go wearing there Carhart Artic 
I was ripping up and down the lake on my quad I think they were cold and wet.
Thomas Harris

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #187 on: Feb 28, 2013, 01:53 AM »
Carhart Artic jacket and bibs cost about 220 beans so you have a good point But 100% cotton shell will sink you like a rock if you get wet and have to get out of water over your head. I got a striker climate jacket and love it I will wear the liner under my light bow hunting jacket if its cold or raining. I just ordered the climate bibs for the same reason warm, water Proof, light and breathes. I spent 469$ and it will be used all but 2 months of the year. My step dad and brother were packing MY ice gear so we could go wearing there Carhart Artic 
I was ripping up and down the lake on my quad I think they were cold and wet.
I was fishing a cold windy day with my buddy. He was in his shack cold from his carharts not being windproof, while I was out hole hopping catching some nice gills and not cold at all. I wear a Striker Hardwater suit. The thing is amazing. It was worth the money. I think my buddy is going to buy a Striker suit next year, I must of made him a believer of how warm they are. Plus they float. The sno suit can't do that. Plus they cost more. Just sayin.

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #188 on: Feb 28, 2013, 03:06 PM »
Ok guys...

I'm thinking about getting a Striker Suit.

I'm 5'10 and 185lbs.. Not sure on what size bibs and jacket...

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #189 on: Feb 28, 2013, 03:49 PM »
I'm 5' 10" 190 and I have a Striker suit, Large bibs and Large jacket.  Dont have to wear much under it at all, very warm, I fish outside all the time never been cold!

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #190 on: Feb 28, 2013, 04:05 PM »
I'm 5' 10" 190 and I have a Striker suit, Large bibs and Large jacket.  Dont have to wear much under it at all, very warm, I fish outside all the time never been cold!

Damn, they don't have any late jackets left on the website...

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #191 on: Feb 28, 2013, 06:07 PM »
Damn, they don't have any late jackets left on the website...

Yep it's slim pickings now try redrockstore Amazon eBay.
Good luck I searched allot to find my climate bibs in large I got them at redrockstore.
Thomas Harris

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #192 on: Mar 01, 2013, 08:53 PM »
I just compleated my striker climat suit I'm 5'10 170 with long arms and love the large jacket so I ordered the large bibs and they are too big if your my size looking at climate bibs get the med! BUT I' love them my wife is a seamstress and she made them work 2x the water proof on the cuff. What a nice suit.
Thomas Harris

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #193 on: Mar 05, 2013, 10:32 PM »
Hey all, I thought that I was done bashing my AA suit but now the lining has rubbed off or worn out inside the jacket, which would be understandable if I used it a lot. Because the jacket and bibs are not vented you work up a cold sweat in a big hurry when walking out on the ice. So i end up wearing a lighter weight jacket while pulling my sleigh out, then switching to the AA once I settle down. The lining of the jacket is so thin, it just rubbed off. I have been having issues with the zipper as well and yes I contacted AA again about these items and got the standard line -they play the blame game, just like when I first bought this suit, I was out fishing in a driving wind with snow and rain mixed, the jacket soaked completely through in a matter of minutes just on the side facing the wind, when I called customer service they said that I must have sweated, only on my right side, or maybe the water leaked down my neck and I didn't notice, I had the hood up and no water went down my neck. They were real snotty about it , I just never used it again in early spring, I switched to my old standard rain gear and layers under for that type of fishing. BUY THE STRIKER, I have heard only good things about it, and now that my suit is falling apart, I will be buying the Striker this spring.
Too many lakes
Too little time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.