Author Topic: Post your ride  (Read 232663 times)

Offline Lumberjack

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Post your ride
« Reply #600 on: Dec 11, 2019, 08:03 AM »

11" of blue ice was enough to finally get it out

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #601 on: Dec 11, 2019, 08:13 AM »

How did it run/handle?  Nice setup there.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #602 on: Dec 11, 2019, 11:38 AM »

That is way cool Lumberjack.  :thumbsup:

Offline Lumberjack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #603 on: Dec 12, 2019, 01:13 PM »
How did it run/handle?  Nice setup there.

Excellent, little vibration on hardpack ice roads but that's normal for any tracked machine. Cant wait til it gets deep out there!

Offline fishinjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishin
« Reply #604 on: Dec 21, 2019, 10:53 PM »
Can-Am 650 Max XT now all I need is some ice.

http://www.shad-rapp.com/Ice%20Fish%20Baby.mp3 
Past President Okauchee Fishing Club

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #605 on: Dec 30, 2019, 06:47 PM »
2020 Can Am Outlander XMR 1000

"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #606 on: Dec 30, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Great machine! Have you had it long? I just struggle with the idea of losing my front rack to the radiator. Would be especially frustrating to me when you're doing anything other than mud bogging and dont require the relocation!

NYS Licensed Guide

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #607 on: Dec 31, 2019, 08:14 PM »
I just picked it up just before Christmas.  I am modding it for ice fishing.  I plan on using a truck box off the back.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #608 on: Jan 02, 2020, 11:58 AM »
Added Kolpin lock n ride mounts for my auger and Tusk heated grips and thumb warmer this season. I can't believe I went this long without having heated grips. Amazing.

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #609 on: Jan 05, 2020, 04:02 PM »
I run the same grips on my King Quad up front and the heated are definitely the best thing ever !!
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #610 on: Jan 12, 2020, 03:07 PM »

I added a hard cab and heater last year.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #611 on: Jan 12, 2020, 04:01 PM »
How do you keep your phone or iPad from freezing? When it gets cold, the battery voltage on my iPhone 7 drops and eventually it shuts down. If I warm it up in my pocket and reboot, it comes back on line. Do you have a heater in that iPad case?

Finally got around to building my rear rack and setting the wheeler up for the upcoming ice season (disclaimer : I took the ice fishing stuff off after the pics and put it back into trail riding set up for the rest of the summer)

this is the rack I designed.  If I ever do a second one it would use a 2" square tube on the vertical part instead of a reducer. Left the pin out do to needing to oversize the hole by a 1/32" so the pin fits easier. pin in the vertical part is the pin for the hole without a pin. (Image removed from quote.)

this is the tub and the rack both.

(Image removed from quote.)

This is the front carrier. going to replace the factory bracket with one that I will build. it will move the carrier closer and raise it level with the front rack when done. By doing this I could put the plow on under the carrier and have room to raise and lower the plow.

this is the whole machine with the carrier in front. only will set up like this when running my XL6000T Garage Hub House. Will be able to drive the wheeler inside the hub and sit on the wheeler and fish.

this is how I will set it up if I want to fish from the wheeler but still carry a small hub should I want to set up and stay in one place for awhile. Front carrier comes off and the plow goes on.

Doing either of these set ups still allows me to pull a sled type house if I want to use one since the rear rack is high enough for a house to clear under it.

also added the following for electronics :

Ram Mount to hold my Ipad which I run Navionics on. off this mount I can attach my phone to the mount too.

Added a FLX 28 to the rear rack in a way that I can sit sideways on the seat and fish off the wheeler but still see the flasher easily.

for safety gear I added a throw bag and will be adding a Nebulus Flotation Pack to the front rack between the auger and the cup holder.

Future plans will be to build a rack to hold my Legend XL one man house and a rack to hold my Nanook Thermal two man house.

Can't wait for the season to get here, although I do want to get a little bow hunting in before hitting ice season hard and heavy this year.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #612 on: Jan 13, 2020, 02:04 AM »
How do you keep your phone or iPad from freezing? When it gets cold, the battery voltage on my iPhone 7 drops and eventually it shuts down. If I warm it up in my pocket and reboot, it comes back on line. Do you have a heater in that iPad case?

Had the I pad out twice now with me and haven't had any issues. nothing is heated for it. only thing heated on my wheeler is the hand grips.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #613 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:53 AM »
Had the I pad out twice now with me and haven't had any issues. nothing is heated for it. only thing heated on my wheeler is the hand grips.

I am building a heated case to see if I can get mine to stay running on my dash. We get fog and blizzards, and it is a 30,000 acre lake, so you can wander a long ways in a whiteout without GPS. I assume Minnesota is plenty cold, that you have given your rig a good test.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #614 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:59 AM »
My iPhone dies when it gets too cold (I think that is -10F or lower) but I simply keep it in my inside shirt pocket to keep it going.

Works for a phone, not for an iPad though.
Veritas Odium Parit

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #615 on: Jan 13, 2020, 10:02 AM »
I am building a heated case to see if I can get mine to stay running on my dash. We get fog and blizzards, and it is a 30,000 acre lake, so you can wander a long ways in a whiteout without GPS. I assume Minnesota is plenty cold, that you have given your rig a good test.

Good old-fashioned compass is a good addition to the fishing equipment list.  GPS and other electronic stuff can fail, sometimes at the worst times.  I like electronics, and I use them, don't get me wrong; but I have a compass in the tool kit.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #616 on: Jan 24, 2020, 03:12 PM »
Until I get my heated case test out, I got an ice kit for my Garmin 73SV- it fits perfect on the dash, the windscreen holds it down, and the included battery makes up for the fact that my Tundra has no 12V system.

Offline chrisrs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #617 on: Jan 28, 2020, 09:11 AM »
Southwest Wyoming  2002 Sportsman 500

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #618 on: Jan 31, 2020, 08:35 PM »

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #619 on: Feb 12, 2020, 11:12 AM »

My 850 is a beast, that thing must be down right freaky..nice ride!
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
« Reply #620 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:53 PM »

does your sled fit inside the shanty? I've got thoughts of building one like this to hold a sled or quad. looks good

Offline struckus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #621 on: Feb 13, 2020, 05:21 AM »
2011 renegade 1200cc 4 stroke..been a very reliable sled for the past 3 years..

Offline bigredstorm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #622 on: Feb 13, 2020, 08:50 AM »

Offline fishguy72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #623 on: Feb 15, 2020, 01:12 AM »
Mini bike, made some bucket racks. I can lift in and out of my truck. It pulls.my clam Yukon that has a base built in it also. Never been stuck or  unable.to.gey where I want to.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #624 on: Feb 15, 2020, 09:57 AM »

Just an FYI- I found the reason I had problems with my battery- it was old. The battery would barely last a day in the house, and the battery tab in the settings app said my health was less than 80%. I had a new battery put in for $50 at the apple store, and it works fine now, even on the snowmobile. That is probably why yours works- it is newer than mine, and has a battery in good condition.

:tipup:

Offline Team Rapo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #625 on: Feb 20, 2020, 04:29 PM »
Here’s the homedog now outfitted with kolpin stronghold auger carrier and rod Case. Towing my Eskimo sierra thermal and my fat ass everywhere and anywhere. This is the most mobile, compact and accessible I think it can get, everything fits in the back of the truck and only need a single ramp to load it.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #626 on: Feb 20, 2020, 05:17 PM »
2015 Yamaha Viking with heated hard cab.

It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #627 on: Jun 17, 2020, 12:16 PM »
03 bomber quest 500 - got it all fixed up and running great, just need to outfit for ice before winter sets in. I'm definitely looking forward to not having to walk miles during trips to Wisconsin backwaters lol

Catchin' Fish

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #628 on: Jun 18, 2020, 02:25 PM »
matzilla, am I reading your post correctly that the machine is an '03? Looks almost like brand new. Must have only been driven by an old lady on Sundays.  ;) Nice.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #629 on: Jun 19, 2020, 12:11 PM »
matzilla, am I reading your post correctly that the machine is an '03? Looks almost like brand new. Must have only been driven by an old lady on Sundays.  ;) Nice.

Yep it was used to plow a bit but that's about it. I got a heck of a deal on it knowing it needed a little work - dial in the carb, new thermo stat, new electric fan, speedo doesn't work (not fixing that). It included a barely used 60" moose plow too! Got some 5" led lights and mounts coming today. Going to get a winch rope to replace the cable, lithium jumper pack, new battery, rear tires and chains, rear seat/storage before winter. It runs and rides like new!

Catchin' Fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.