Author Topic: Underwater camera support  (Read 744 times)

Offline Vetter33

• IceShanty Rookie
Underwater camera support
« on: Feb 28, 2018, 11:15 AM »
Just wondering what you guys have built or rigged up to keep your underwater camera focused on one spot and not continually slowly spinning with the cable?

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Underwater camera support
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2018, 11:38 AM »
I use 2 solutions, depending on which hut I am in and how much space I have to work with.

1. Mopod by Aqua-Vu
http://www.aquavu.com/Products/AVMulti-Vu/Aqua-Vu-Mo-Pod-3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImMHd95HJ2QIVnrbACh3gcAsKEAYYASABEgKn5PD_BwE

2. I also have a simple clamp that I use in my 1-man hut when I fish there. I put the camera cable in the clamp and extend the neck out and under my hut. The issue is that I drill the camera/transducer hole next to my sled/seat and close to my feet and the Mopod gets in the way in this location.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075WTT5Y9/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B075WTT5Y9&pd_rd_wg=IDFDU&pd_rd_r=7KC3Z3Z52Y2P24S8C1JD&pd_rd_w=IoqHd
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2018, 07:06 PM »
take a piece of 1x4 or 6. Cut a  slot 1/3 - 1/2 way across. Lay the board over the hole, put the cable in the slot and hold it with a clothes pin. Works great and cheap. You can orient the end of the clothes pin to the direction of the camera. Turning the clothes pin will turn the cam..

Offline numbtoes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • numbtoes
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2018, 09:40 PM »
I drill the camera and fishing hole as usual for inside the shelter then drill another hole IN DIRECT LINE outside the shelter 6 - 12 ft away on the FISHING HOLE side depending on the water clarity. That is my "marker" hole. My marker is a length of tip-up line with a heavy sinker tied to the end and a white piece of vinyl, plastic, or whatever tied 1 ft and another one 2 ft up from the sinker. Tie the other end to a piece of wood for wrapping. Lower the sinker until it just touches bottom then lay the wood across the hole.  You can then turn the camera by either method in the above posts and hold it on the target. Dropping the lure will always come between the camera and markers. I've done this for a lot of years and the markers seem to have no effect on fish. Bluegills sometimes seem attracted by them toward me. After an hour or so the camera drift usually stops. My markers are for bottom fishing but you can modify them. It only requires one extra hole for this method. Just keep the holes reasonably in line.

Offline AndyJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Nice pic and name Numbtoes.  ;D
A bit of thin wire wrapped around the camera on the Aquaview with 3 tails bent into tripod legs about 3'' long allows the camera to be set on the bottom. Once adjusted to point slightly up facing and in the right direction it is steady and works well.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2018, 08:13 PM »
Here is my set up. Use rubber stopper cut half way thru with camera wire threaded thru. Turn the rubber stopper to pan the camera.

Offline oldfisher68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2018, 07:49 AM »
I made legs out of metal coat hangers. I twisted the wire around the camera and made legs for it. I have my camera sitting on the bottom of lake. I have current here, so it was always moving around if suspended. Not anymore.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.