Author Topic: Intresting Eskimo Info On What Type Of Fuel / 2 Cylce Oil They Recommend  (Read 2263 times)

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
A friend of mine just finished speaking to an Eskimo Customer Service rep. He  asked the rep what fuel oil brands can a person use not to void warranty. He recommended Trufuel or Aspen. He questioned him on his answer twice. He suggested to him  ," watch any Eskimo product videos on the augers and to pay attention to the fuel tank on the auger being featured . The fuel in the gas tank is clear in color. Not blue like you would get when mixing fuel with the Eskimo 2 cycle oil". I looked at a couple of promotional  Eskimo videos up on the Mako and Shark. The Rep was totally correct. The fuel in the gas tank was clear.  You learn something new every day:)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
<===Lefty===

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Mr. Hartly,
            No intent to disrespect your post.
            May I ask you to define the word hearsay?

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
Mr. Hartly,
            No intent to disrespect your post.
            May I ask you to define the word hearsay?
No disrespect taken:) I was there when the phone call was made. We were both sitting in the Shack waiting for a bite .

hear·say
ˈhirˌsā/Submit
noun
information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Thank you.
That defines my thought.     ;)2

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
Thank you for passing that along. Been using TruFuel since day one.

-Kyle
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."    -Herbert Hoover

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
You guys can pay 25 dollars a gallon for it. It's your money. But not happening on my dime.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline CJohnson27

• IceShanty Rookie
You guys can pay 25 dollars a gallon for it. It's your money. But not happening on my dime.

$25 a gallon?! Geezus I think you sir are being overcharged! I picked up a gallon early fall and run it in my chainsaw and auger. Cost me $16 and for pure laziness of not having to mix and piece of mind knowing it wont go bad or gunk up the carbs on any of my stuff it is well worth it IMO.

:tipup:

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
right on..if a 2 stroke engine cant run on a good 2 stroke oil and gas of my choice im not buying one.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
I switched my clam auger to truefuel (40;1) and its now running even better than with gas/oil mixture. Maybe another reason other than convenience is performance. I wouldn't buy a NASCAR race car and fuel it with 87, just saying. Its 19.99 at home depot where i live for a gallon. That gallon lasted me all season with about 1000 holes drilled. Thats .02 per hole. I also dumped the gas out of my mako and added truefuel (50;1) and it ALSO runs cleaner and stronger. 
Just add water.

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
A friend of mine just finished speaking to an Eskimo Customer Service rep. He  asked the rep what fuel oil brands can a person use not to void warranty. He recommended Trufuel or Aspen. He questioned him on his answer twice. He suggested to him  ," watch any Eskimo product videos on the augers and to pay attention to the fuel tank on the auger being featured . The fuel in the gas tank is clear in color. Not blue like you would get when mixing fuel with the Eskimo 2 cycle oil". I looked at a couple of promotional  Eskimo videos up on the Mako and Shark. The Rep was totally correct. The fuel in the gas tank was clear.  You learn something new every day:)

This makes me wonder why, If Trufuel is the recommended fuel and the fuel used in their promotional videos,  why does Eskimo include a bottle of Eskimo 2 cycle oil with a new auger?   Why would they include an inferior product?  Why not include a discount coupon for a bottle of Trufuel?
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline CJohnson27

• IceShanty Rookie
I switched my clam auger to truefuel (40;1) and its now running even better than with gas/oil mixture. Maybe another reason other than convenience is performance. I wouldn't buy a NASCAR race car and fuel it with 87, just saying. Its 19.99 at home depot where i live for a gallon. That gallon lasted me all season with about 1000 holes drilled. Thats .02 per hole. I also dumped the gas out of my mako and added truefuel (50;1) and it ALSO runs cleaner and stronger.

I can attest as well to the fact of my augers running cleaner. My brother mixes his own in his mako and my f1 runs so much cleaner and less smokey than his. His burns your eyes when I drill in a flip over. Mine definitely does not.

Offline williev18

• Team IceShanty Regular
May be overkill but i run my eskimo on 100LL ave gas and Yamalube mixed 40:1. Mostly its just left over fuel from motocross season, but i never have carb issues and boy does she purr. Not to mention you gotta love the smell of race fuel in the morning  ;D :tipup:

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
$25 a gallon?! Geezus I think you sir are being overcharged! I picked up a gallon early fall and run it in my chainsaw and auger. Cost me $16 and for pure laziness of not having to mix and piece of mind knowing it wont go bad or gunk up the carbs on any of my stuff it is well worth it IMO.

Then you got it on special. I just did a search. This is one of the first o as to come up....

6- 32 oz cans.... $35.00. That's $23.33 per gallon.

://www.chippersdirect.com/TruFuel-6525638/p6427.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingsc+slowsellers+6525638&msclkid=cf009aa314b215a86dc0c033261f3473&utm_term=4583314220385306&utm_content=Slow%20Sellers%20-%20Needs%20New%20Bucket

Even 15 dollars a gallon is to much. I quit buying white gas because of the ridiculous prices. I converted to reg gas in my coleman stoves.

Offline Mhankla

• IceShanty Rookie
Buyer beware if you buy Eskimo products. I purchased a propane auger back in December and it promptly broke down by spewing oil out which clogged the air filter to where it wouldn't run. Took it to one of their designated repair centers and all they did was clean out the air filter and called it good. Said nothing else seemed to be wrong. Of course did same thing so customer service said send it to them and I'd have it back in a week. After a week and a half called customer service and they claimed they only received it "yesterday" which was interesting since I had notification from UPS it had been delivered a week earlier. And now after another week still no auger. So, if you buy an Eskimo auger you better hope nothing goes wrong with it because if it does you won't have it for the entire ice fishing season. And to top it all off, they don't care! They simply said "I don't know what to tell you."

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty

Then you got it on special. I just did a search. This is one of the first o as to come up....

6- 32 oz cans.... $35.00. That's $23.33 per gallon.

://www.chippersdirect.com/TruFuel-6525638/p6427.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingsc+slowsellers+6525638&msclkid=cf009aa314b215a86dc0c033261f3473&utm_term=4583314220385306&utm_content=Slow%20Sellers%20-%20Needs%20New%20Bucket

Even 15 dollars a gallon is to much. I quit buying white gas because of the ridiculous prices. I converted to reg gas in my coleman stoves.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TruSouth-TruFuel-Gal-40-1-Pre-Oil-Mix-6525506/205913130 $19.97
Just add water.

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Look closer..... it's not a whole gallon! It comes out to over $23 per gallon

Yup! Expensive fuel for sure but if you look even closer it says NON ETHANOL- Real Gas and a lot of places do not have ethanol free gas at all. I can buy 91 octane real gas here at just one station when they have it. It is real easy to mix some oil with the gas to get the right mixture so a full gallon of mix I make myself costs about $6.50 so you are right as long as you can find real gas without the corn. It is the ethanol that screws up our machines, not the mixture.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
This site lists places that you can get Ethanol free gas.

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
Yup! Expensive fuel for sure but if you look even closer it says NON ETHANOL- Real Gas and a lot of places do not have ethanol free gas at all. I can buy 91 octane real gas here at just one station when they have it. It is real easy to mix some oil with the gas to get the right mixture so a full gallon of mix I make myself costs about $6.50 so you are right as long as you can find real gas without the corn. It is the ethanol that screws up our machines, not the mixture.

Gam

I personally  agree with Gamalot . I don't think the oil is the issue. Its the ethanol fuel and all the additives causing all the problems. Some gas stations here in Canada have non-ethanol fuel. Problem is it's at the same pump as as ethanol fuel . A person would have to pump at least 5 gallons to clear out the ethanol fuel to get the pure non-ethanol fuel. I agree its a lot cheaper but are you really getting non-ethanol fuel or a mixture of both ?

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Its the corn farmers fault for making the gov. force it on everybody

Offline Lsranger406

• Team IceShanty Regular
The ethanol is not a bad thing as long as you drain your fuel at the end of the season. I run 91 with ethanol all season every season and never have an issue. The ethanol pulls water into the fuel system so if you leave a half tank in your auger for a couple weeks its gonna pull a lot of moisture into the fuel system. Especially with the cold to warm and back to cold fluctuation. I try to leave mine in between trips with a full tank.

Also these carbs are set up for sea level. A little bit of carb tuning on the high speed side and your auger will run better then it ever has with whatever fuel you have. Just my two cents. Also my jiffy auger is 35 years old and has never had a carb rebuild in its life. And only gets a spark plug once every 4-5 years.
America is all about speed hot,nasty,bad a** speed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.