The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tongue River Res.  (Read 11844 times)

Offline cavemancrab

• IceShanty Rookie
Tongue River Res.
« on: Dec 09, 2010, 05:34 PM »
I went up to Tongue River Res. last weekend and have a little report. The ice was 2-4 inches, Caught one walleye and had a few bites. I am planning another trip this weekend. Talked to a few people that were fishing the south end and had a few good crappie and a few 30inch northers. 

Offline Krakkon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tongue River Res.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2010, 06:09 PM »
I wonder what this was weather has done to 2-4 inches of ice? :o

Offline cavemancrab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2010, 12:03 AM »
It should still be good. I live in Ranchester wy and the nights are still getting cold and its not to far from there. I will give another report this Saturday night.

Offline ND-PikeSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Heading out to TRR this weekend hopefully. I'll give ya'll a report on Monday.

Offline hkdup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2010, 02:19 AM »
Drove past tr today about 8 rigs parked on south end shacks set up on the other side so they are walking acrss it

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2010, 04:04 PM »
The ice isnt bad..Just have to be careful.. ;)

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2010, 06:35 PM »
I fished it yesterday for a few hours.  Ice is around 5 inches and solid.  No one around Rattlesnake Point except 1 vacant permanent shack.  A few groups out on the south end. 

Crappies are biting.  Brought some back and have them on the grill now.  Yum Yum.

Offline ND-PikeSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2010, 04:51 PM »
I fished it Saturday for a couple of hours before and after dark. One pike and one walleye. Also missed a pike on a walleye rig...toothy *****s.
I've heard the crappies are hitting in a few spots.

Offline eyefinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2010, 09:30 AM »
Any new updates on the fishing and ice conditions. I'm coming home in a week, and am ready to break out the gear.

Offline ND-PikeSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:29 AM »
6+ inches of ice on the south end (Dec 11th). Quite a few people have been running around on quads.
I've only been out once and did OK...but from what I've heard fish are biting where they usually do.

Offline cavemancrab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2010, 08:46 PM »
went out here friday and caught a 14lbs northern north of marina. Ice is about 8 to 10 inches and solid. a few crappie bitinen but kinda slow, going to try it monday again.

Offline jiggerwood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2010, 09:49 PM »
I was up today, and it was slow. . . I see a lot of rigs parked along the south end by the mine.  Are there rules for parking there?  I see signs that say no trespassing on the fence, and I want to make sure it's ok before I park there. 

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2010, 11:29 PM »
What kind of license do you need to bring an atv over from out of state to be able to drive on the ice?

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2010, 12:49 AM »
What kind of license do you need to bring an atv over from out of state to be able to drive on the ice?
I could be wrong but as long as you have it licensed in wyoming i don't think you need to license it here
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2010, 11:16 AM »
fished it this past weekend didnt catch a thing had one flag pop twice second time minnow was gone and came home with about 13 crappie a perch and a smalleye donated some to a friends dad on the way home thanks everybody hey Moot forgot about your wallhanger fish ;) on my wheeler until i got to my buddies dads house and saw em on the back of it sorry about that but his dad, i am sure, appreciated 'em  8)

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:39 PM »
I could be wrong but as long as you have it licensed in wyoming i don't think you need to license it here
Nope your right, I checked there regs. I'm gonna come over after the christmas dinner is over and spend a few days so I wanted to be sure what the regs where, thanks.

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2010, 11:33 PM »

I've always understood that you do not need to license an ATV anywhere unless you plan to use it on public roads.  Off road, on-ice included, you do not need to license it.  No different than taking a horse, bicycle or roller skates out onto the ice.  I could be wrong and in jeopardy of a possible ticket however.

Offline OUTHNTN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nothing makes a bigger fish than one almost caught
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2010, 11:38 PM »
I've always understood that you do not need to license an ATV anywhere unless you plan to use it on public roads.  Off road, on-ice included, you do not need to license it.  No different than taking a horse, bicycle or roller skates out onto the ice.  I could be wrong and in jeopardy of a possible ticket however.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET AN ORV STICKER IN WYO!  FOUND THAT ONE OUT THE HARD WAY!  YOU GOTTA STICKER ANY OFF ROAD VEHICLE IN WYO WHETHER IT'S LICENSED OR NOT.  MINE IS LICENSED HERE IN MT, BUT IT'S NOT VALID OFFROAD IN WYO.  GOOD FISHIN' - OH

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2010, 10:12 AM »
JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET AN ORV STICKER IN WYO!  FOUND THAT ONE OUT THE HARD WAY!  YOU GOTTA STICKER ANY OFF ROAD VEHICLE IN WYO WHETHER IT'S LICENSED OR NOT.  MINE IS LICENSED HERE IN MT, BUT IT'S NOT VALID OFFROAD IN WYO.  GOOD FISHIN' - OH

Good to know.  Thanks for the info.

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2010, 07:08 PM »
I would like to fish TRR next week. I am a seasoned icefishing angler and would like to target Pike and Walleyes. I have only fished this Reservoir one time, put 3 tipups out with minnows, and landed one 8 lbs. pike. How is the success rate on this lake? Do people do well for numbers and size? I'm planning to spear and run 5 tipups. Any information would be appreciated.  Fishing report to follow.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline hkdup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2010, 07:28 PM »
I thought you were a big Peck fisherman? Anyone who fishes Peck knows all atvs must be street legal and registered with a motorcycle license plate attached to drive on the ice. And as far as driving on forest service land on ice it is considered off road travel and you need an off road sticker. 
orv sticker has worked for me peck @ trr

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2010, 10:45 PM »
I thought you were a big Peck fisherman? Anyone who fishes Peck knows all atvs must be street legal and registered with a motorcycle license plate attached to drive on the ice. And as far as driving on forest service land on ice it is considered off road travel and you need an off road sticker. 

No, I've only been their a few times.  Too far for me to get up there very often.  I do not own any off road vehicles either I've only used other peoples.  I'm not sure if they had stickers or not.  I however am flattered that you were genuinely surprised to learn that I in fact do not know everything.

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:11 AM »
So it's a classic case of your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime?  ;D

Or your eyes on vacation "not reading very well" but your mind is on overime so you are seeing a word here and a word there but filling in the rest of my sentences yourself.  I bet you do tons of cross word puzzles.

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 23, 2010, 11:42 AM »
Lots of puzzles right?  Isn't that how you came up with your screen name. JigPuzzleMaster5000Pie ce. :'(

Offline MTviking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 23, 2010, 04:29 PM »
You should get your facts straight before recommending people to violate the laws.

"I have understood"  "I could be wrong"

Wow, I guess if I were the reader rather than the writer I would not have taken that as a recommendation. The writer has simply stated what he "thought" were the case but admitted there was a good chance he could be wrong.  Basically saying "hey, don't take my word for it"

But you are right.  I should really be more careful not to state something which I do not know with 100% certainty as there are some morons out there that could misinterpret.  Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #25 on: Dec 23, 2010, 05:56 PM »

Is that a Peck thing with the Corp of Engineers, or is a plate needed when ice fishing on all reservoirs? 

I just went through registering a new ATV and got the off road sticker and the license plate (2 separate registrations and fees).  The county treasurer told me the plate was only needed to operate the ATV on the highway.  For the plate, I had to fill out an application that required me to state that my ATV was in fact street legal with lights, horn, mirrors, etc. 

Thing is I just tossed the plate in my truck's cubby hole and haven't ever actually put it on the ATV (I didn't want to drill holes into my shiny new machine).  As I plan to go to Peck next month, do I need to have that plate on my ATV?  Could probably just use some zip ties right?

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 25, 2010, 08:44 AM »
Gamedog sounds like a cop  :callcops: i wonder if he looks like one too :woot: :woot:

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 25, 2010, 11:54 AM »
Lots of puzzles right?  Isn't that how you came up with your screen name. JigPuzzleMaster5000Pie ce. :'(
now thats funny i dont give a sheeet who you are
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline Krakkon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 25, 2010, 12:15 PM »
That is funny chit..

Offline hkdup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 25, 2010, 01:22 PM »
Gamedog sounds like a cop  :callcops: i wonder if he looks like one too :woot: :woot:
captain hell creek police dept

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.