Author Topic: GLOVES?!?  (Read 15468 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: GLOVES?!?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2007, 11:45 PM »
I bought a pair of HT Glomitts a couple years ago. I don't think they make them anymore. They aren't water proof, but I just don't stick my hands down the hole. I have a skimmer for that. The stitching was coming apart on the fingers of the gloves. I just spend about a half-hour sewing them back together. Almost like new.  Not only the stitching coming loose, but the fabric was unravelling and allowing the stitches to come apart. The mitt section that folds up has a pocket for an air activated hand warmer. They were pretty inexpensive and allow me to keep them on and fish at the same time. I was thinking about upgrading to a pair of Ice Armer Mitts. But they don't flip up to allow you to tie on jigs and stuff. 
jbird68

Offline poot_818

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2007, 07:27 AM »
i bought a pair of ice armor mittens last winter.....and i have to say they are the best pair of gloves ive EVER worn....u can stick ur hand down the hole if u want and no water is going to get inside the glove.....they are only $30.00....its a lil spendy for a pair of gloves but guarenteed to keep ur hands warm....if these ever wear out...id defiantly buy another pair....

Offline BassBoss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 03, 2007, 08:16 AM »
I'm new to the hardwater gig but as far as waterproofing goes, I have a couple pair of cold weather mechanic style gloves. I think the brand is ironman? pretty cheap gloves, I use them while doing snow removal on my Bobcat. I spray them with that shoe waterproofing stuff they sell with boots, I used them yesterday for some non hardwater river fishing and stayed dry and warm, was jiggin' the whole time. 1 smallmouth 1 largemouth and a b-gill. I plan to use them this winter with some flip top trigger mittens over them.
Rooney eats it

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Dec 03, 2007, 04:02 PM »

These are the ticket! check my post in the for sale section

Offline walkonwater1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 24, 2007, 06:53 PM »
I like the fingerless ragwool with the flop-over mitten. Super warm but soak up water like a sponge and will attrack a treble from a foot away!
You might do well to use the old style pocket warmers..Santa brings me the Heat o2 packets every year and they can be helpful in the pockets too.
Kids that hunt, trap and fish don't mug little old ladies.

Big moves to find'em, small moves to catch'em!

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 25, 2007, 06:50 AM »
Your hands only get cold when the fish are not bitine'.  Hot holes yield hot hands.  Your key is to find the fish!

Seriously, I've used wool mittens for years, but continued to have problems due to their water absorbtion.  The last few years, I've been using those disposable orange "hand-warmers" and they've seemed to help.  My buddy purchased a muff a couple of years ago and likes that.

For this season, I purchased my first pair of neopreme gloves.  We'll see how they do.
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 31, 2007, 03:31 PM »
I bought my first pair of neopreme gloves from Bass Pro Shops the other day.  I've never worn such things for ice fishing. Any pluses, minuses, comments, suggestions, etc?
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline Baitshop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ross
« Reply #37 on: Dec 31, 2007, 03:38 PM »
Neoprene will keep your hands dry, but not that warm.  I like my Clam Ice Armor gloves for most ice fishing and my Clam Ice Armor Mitts for really cold conditions.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 01, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Just tried the new pr. of Arctic Armor gloves I got for Xmas from my wife ( along with the nic RED suit) and after 2 minutes of total immersion in my kitchen sink, there was no sign of dampness!! Wish my Ice Armor gloves would do this!

Offline trouter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 07, 2008, 10:10 AM »
Ive tried many variations and my favorite is first a pair of thin wool liners - over that goes a pair of leather insulated thin driving gloves - and over them goes a pair of moosehide insulated mittens. Now thats warm. The leather gloves slide out real easy for finess work. In the tent when pulling out lakers I just use the wool liners with a pair of those yellow rubber gloves you use for doing dishes. Keeps hands dry when down the hole and dryes fast outside hole.great combo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.