Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1625232 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10200 on: Oct 18, 2017, 05:59 PM »
Hi everyone!  Just catching up at bit in here.  Regarding Mindy, I also sent a pm some months ago and got no response.  I have managed to locate her on Facebook and will let her know we miss her.  I hope she’ll reply. Will advise.

Edit to Add:  Message Sent.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10201 on: Oct 19, 2017, 03:01 AM »
Good morning everyone,  coffee is on and diesel is running. It is a adjustment without mom. Focusing on the good times we had in the short time period. Hope everyone has a good day and tight lines to those on the water. Weekend is almost here.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10202 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:09 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                         It's 45* and clear here on my hill with a high of 70* here today, I can't believe it's this warm on the 19th
                 of October? ??? I hope this trend doesn't go this way all winter, I want ice.  :thumbsup:
                         I-45.........It is an adjustment losing a parent I hope you can get through it OK! :flex:
                         Wally........This is some nice weather for you and Mr. WW to get out on the lake. :woot:
                         Bud.........I had to sign in yesterday as well, I don't know if it's gremlins or if IS does that for security? ???
                         Yesterday in my ground blind I able to catch a glimpse of the tails of two deer through the trees, this afternoon
                is a different day I hope something worth while shows up.
                         Today I have an appointment at the "VA" regarding my left shoulder, remember I went through problems with
                the right one about a year and a half ago, well things are going in the same direction with my left. If my arm is in a
                certain position I get a tingling sensation from my shoulder up around my left ear, never had that with my right. ???
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fishing or hunting!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10203 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:53 AM »
Good Morning 45, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good luck through the rough patches 45 and hang on to the good times you were able to have with your Mom :thumbsup:

IW, sorry to hear about the shoulder, hope the VA can give you some good news. I remember your other shoulder took awhile before you were over it. Good luck Buddy :thumbsup:

Last night I picked up the old Buick from the "Oil Chang Dr". There was a note on the seat that they looked it over after the oil change and as far as they are concerned it's like a "Fine switch watch" :clap: :clap:

Yesterday was the 3erd day in a row for 13 hour days :cookoo: This morning I am loading up and heading to the shack until Sunday. This is the weekend my Brother will be joining me, looking forward to that.
Time to pack some Bologna, and a pop or two  ;D  Last time out the phone signal was very poor so hard to say if I will be able to report or not. If I can I will in the morning and if anything noteworthy, during the day.

Best of luck if hitting the lake, sitting in the stand :thumbsup: Above all, stay safe!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10204 on: Oct 19, 2017, 07:30 AM »
I got a call from the boss yesterday that after a couple short power outages the furnace would not run. I quickly wrapped things up at the other place and headed home. It was a wild ride home with a 30+ mph cross wind the first 30 miles, then bucking the same wind head on for the next 20. The last leg was not so bad as the wind was not as bad plus the road has big trees to block the wind.

While having coffee at 5:30 am yesterday a stranger came in with bibs and a train style hat on. He came and set down with us. He had worked 40 years in a railroad repair shop. He had driven from south of Detroit to the Lake Michigan shore line to fly his kite because of the forecast gale force winds. Long ways to drive to fly a kite. He had quite a few good stories to tell as he also rides the old fashioned big wheel bikes among other things. I am sure he will come to coffee if he is in the area again.

While I was at the other place I got a call for help from my son that works for a pest control company. He had gone out on a balcony on the third floor of a lake front home that looks lie a castle with turrets on all four corners. He shut the door behind him and was locked out of the house. It was 10miletrip to rescue him. I told him it as probably a Schlage (sp) door knob. I was right as I will not use them as they open with out being unlocked and leave you locked out. I do not know why the have a locking knob and a dead bolt on the door what can only be reached by spider man.

I got a tour of this monster 4 floor house complete with a sun deck up on the roof that is accessed by a treacherous ladder system. The place must have been build for some one with more money than brains.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10205 on: Oct 19, 2017, 10:07 AM »
Good Morning ER's I 45 sounds like you got a great attitude. IW good luck with the other shoulder. WS good news on the cars condition. Hope all have a great day.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10206 on: Oct 19, 2017, 11:31 AM »
Well I got into the woods, at last. Sat for about three hours yesterday afternoon, until the Yankees started tugging on my arm. Was out early this morning and sat until about 10. Saw a coyote about 8am and saw it again about 8:15. Also had a red squirrel jump on my leg. Leaves are still hanging on and it is warm....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10207 on: Oct 19, 2017, 12:15 PM »
Good day folks sunny with a high in the low seventies today.
Icefisher-45 glad you are keeping a positive outlook after your mom's passing.
Deal Ninja thank you for your efforts to locate Yoopergirl/Mindy hopefully we see a post from her in the next few days.
Ice Wanderer hope the VA doctors can help with the left shoulder issue. You may have some type of nerve issue the tingling sounds similar to what my father experienced with his feet . He would get the tingling then his feet would go numb if he sat or stood in one place for an extended period of time.
Whopper Stopper have a safe trip and great time with your brother at the shack. May your phone get a signal so we can receive a report and photos when one or each of you get your deer. You deserve a break from all the recent hours of work.
Mr.Turkey did you get the furnace running , driving a van in high winds is a challenge . Good thing you were available to help your son I had a door with push button lock going onto my balcony changed lock and door when I had some renovations done before moving in could see myself locking the door and pulling it closed behind me only to lock myself out of condominium.
Hunts2long happy to read you are getting in some hunting time.
Guessing Eddie had an early start to work or was running behind this morning.

Have a safe and pleasant evening
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10208 on: Oct 19, 2017, 01:35 PM »
I decided I had better post what I had written this morning so the gremlins would not delete it while I fixed my breakfast. I never got back to IS after breakfast to add to the original post.

The wood stove is up and running. It kept me warm the one night I had it going. The van is back up and running great after getting the alternator changed. When I got home the furnace started up all right. I did give it a good cleaning while I was at it.

I have never liked the Schlage locks since my boss would only use them on the true modulars he was selling. All I could think of was some child going out side at night and getting locked out. The scariest part of that was we build a number of them on lakes where a locked out kid could fall of a dock and drown. I got my self locked out a of a few of the houses my self even knowing that. I need to change the locks on this house but have not went looking for some that do not work that way. I always used Dexter locks that you had to unlock to go out but I think that Schlage bought them out.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10209 on: Oct 19, 2017, 02:44 PM »
Finally off the schneid.  Took the afternoon off and it paid off.  27” & 6 1/4 lbs.  It’s what’s for supper!

My neighbor, the photographer, was making me laugh.  ;D

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10210 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:08 PM »
What a beauty....good job  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10211 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:18 PM »
Sorry for posting in your group thread, but DN, that is one nice looking fish!!  Congrats to you!!  :clap:

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10212 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:22 PM »
Sorry for posting in your group thread, but DN, that is one nice looking fish!!  Congrats to you!!  :clap:

Welcome to the site and the thread.. Good to have you here.. Feel free to join the family......
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10213 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:24 PM »
tbern, all are welcome here.  Please post anytime you wish.  This is a priceless thread with amazing, wonderful, caring  people.  You are very welcome to post anytime!   And thank you!!!  It was quite a fight!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #10214 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:29 PM »
Tbern, this thread is open to everyone!!! You're welcome to join in anytime!!! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10215 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:35 PM »
Just a quick not to let you know that I'll be away from the site for a bit until I get internet back at home! I'm using WIFI at the library right now and won't be on like I normally am!! Catch you all later!! I hope IW doubles down on the jokes until I get back up and running. Have a great evening everyone!! I'll check back whenever I can!! ;D
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10216 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Get back soon OS!  We’ll keep the light on for you!

DN

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10217 on: Oct 19, 2017, 04:49 PM »
Thanks buddy!!! I'll check in on you all when I can get WIFI !!  ;D

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10218 on: Oct 19, 2017, 09:27 PM »
Thank you guys for the kind welcome. Really enjoying this site and learning some things also.Haven't ice fished for a very long time, but looking forward to getting out on the ice this winter.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10219 on: Oct 19, 2017, 11:55 PM »
Good evening ER's welcome tbern. DN that is one beauty for sure well done. I'm glad it fought well for you too.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10220 on: Oct 20, 2017, 12:07 AM »
Well tbern, your in a good area for walking on water.  Oh and join right in most don't bite, that could be because most don't have real teeth  ::), or at least some.

Old Sailor whats up with no internet ?, changing providers ? I myself could do without TV, but that would put Mrs in the nut house.  She doesn't have a hobby, unless its continually picking on me for my fishing addiction  ;D ::)

Nice catch Mark,  :thumbsup: ones like that here locally, are few and far between. I invite 18's to 21's home to bathe in hot oil and beer batter ;D

Tom, good deal on the vehicles fixes.  Still trying to build up $$ for a trans replacement on my blazer.  Will just have to limp along for now.

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10221 on: Oct 20, 2017, 12:26 AM »
tbern

Welcome aboard the best thread on the internet on the best website on the net.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10222 on: Oct 20, 2017, 02:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  TGIF!!  Had some trouble staying connected yesterday morn, almost got my post in and then " poof ".
  Clear and 51* on the Hill this am, high of 63 here today. 

Tbern...welcome to IceShanty and the 9:45 thread!  :thumbsup:
  Mark...what a beautiful Walleye, excellent picture!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Perhaps taking some afternoons off should be on your schedule a little more often... ;D
  Marv...best of luck to you and your brother on your hunting trip, looking forward to your post!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...congratulations to MW's wife on her buck, great job!!  :clap:  Hope your appt. went well yesterday, best wishes on that shoulder Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Mike..hope you can get that WiFi problem corrected soon...we'll keep the lights on and have the cawfee ready for you!   :thumbsup:
  Tom..glad to read the van is back up and running and no major issue with the furnace, good deal!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...wishing you a safe day out in the field, hope each passing day things get a little easier buddy!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...anymore raccoon sightings?

Most of our crew got pulled off the terrazzo yesterday to start a new sidewalk project, 5am start this morning, concrete coming at 6. Monday we begin the new work hours, 7-3:30.
  We've been experiencing a rodent problem again at our shop, so today the 2nd Annual Mouse Harvest begins. Trap lines will be set courtesy of Victor Traps....will keep you posted on what they're "hitting " on.... ;D
  Time to get ready for the grey stuff again....cawfee's on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10223 on: Oct 20, 2017, 03:25 AM »
Good morning everyone,  getting cooler in the morning.  Hoping for a early winter. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10224 on: Oct 20, 2017, 05:30 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 45* and clear here on my hill with a high in the 60's, yesterday it reached 701* on my hill, too warm to hunt!
                        Welcome to the morning addiction tbern, chime in when ever you want!
                        Tom.......Your a busy man up there, what was wrong with the furnace?
                        Mike........Hurry back I can't do the jokes alone! ???
                        Eddie.......I'm sure you enjoyed the early starts for more time in the afternoon, but it's getting that time of year
                when the clocks will change and days are getting shorter! ::)
                       Marv........I hope you can get on your phone up at "The Shack" so we know how you are doing in the stand. :flex:
                       Bud.........Have you looked in to getting a transmission from a car salvage yard. You know automatic transmissions
                are the most neglected part in a car, people get their oil changed regular but in older cars they never had the transmissions
                serviced. I once had a car and the trany didn't shift right, I drained the fluid and changed the filter and vola it shifted fine. :o
                      WW.......Have you been out on the lake or is Mr. WW hunting?
                      Deal........Nice fish taking the afternoon off was worth it! :thumbsup:
                      The doctor put me on some prednisone to see if it helps my shoulder and ordered an MRI, Nov. 3rd, if the prednisone
               works the cortisone shots will be given, if not then who knows?
                      I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out hunting or fishing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10225 on: Oct 20, 2017, 06:22 AM »
Good morning Eddie, 45, IW

In my stand waiting for day break.

Yesterday was better than the 75 degree weather made me think it would be. I saw 2 baldie's (antlerless) a y buck and a scrubby 5 point. I hope today offers more and bigger as the next rain system is heading in tomorrow afternoon.
Supposed to reach 80 today with 30 mph winds, not good.

Best of luck no matter what's on the agenda! Stay safe.

WS

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10226 on: Oct 20, 2017, 06:38 AM »
Good luck Marv......
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10227 on: Oct 20, 2017, 07:24 AM »
37* this morning. Still no frost.

The town we live near is the most anti business place I have ever seen. A guy bought the whole former Olsen Knife company building. He converted one end of the building in to small shops but he can not use it for businesses as that part is zoned as warehouse space. They only meet twice a year to change zoning. They will not hold a special meeting to change the zoning so the businesses can move in that want to. Their next meeting is not until February.

WS  Make sure you are strapped in if you get the 30 mph winds. I would not have been in a tree with the winds we got the other day.

IW
Getting old is not pleasant with all of the aches and pain. I have no real clue as to why the furnace did not run. I did not try it before tearing into it looking for a reset button which it did not have. I did turn the on/off switch off and on a couple of times so who knows. I did vacuum a lot of dust out of it while I had it opened up, that was needed.

Lots of leaves to get picked up before the guessed rain coming from WS's neighbor hood gets here on Sunday. I cleaned them off of the old garden spot yesterday and weed sprayed it. I hope to plant grass there in the spring as I have given up putting in a garden. Next week is supposed to be rain all week.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10228 on: Oct 20, 2017, 08:06 AM »
Eddie, No sign of the mask bandit, guess its moved on to better pickings, Jeff, would rather have the rebuilt one at $695 if it comes to that, and change it myself.  The one in it was rebuilt about 50K ago.  I suspect with out tearing it down it has band torn up, from down shifting it to help hold back load going down hill.

Well dang Marv.  hope you do better today, That much wind, they might not be moving much, and stay bedded down.

Tom, yeah the aches and panes come with the territory.  Think next frost here is still a week away.  Could be at my elevation there will not be much ice at all.  Sounds like more snow this winter.

Dom green houses all put away for winter ?

My cups empty, and putting more coffee on.

Good day all   
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10229 on: Oct 20, 2017, 02:27 PM »
Afternoon all,

DN....how was that walleye dinner last nite  ???
WS....hope you get a shot at "the big one" today  ;D  better hang on tight & don't get blown away  :woot:
Eddie....good luck with the rodent hunt  :roflmao:  haven't caught many yet this fall, but I know they're just waiting for the cold weather to move in  ::)
OS....we'll miss you  :'( hurry back
IW.....hope the steroids work for your shoulder  :)
IFF.....how's the job coming along  ???

Hit the lake this morning, 3 small crappies & 1 eye 19" all released  @) 

Have a good evening. Stay safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.