Author Topic: Want to build a hard wall shack  (Read 1055 times)

Offline gooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • stay warm, safe and tight lines
Want to build a hard wall shack
« on: Jan 16, 2019, 03:19 PM »
Hey guys I want to build a hard wall shack for next season. What do you consider a must for them? I am hoping to find a trailer frame that will work for me. I am thinking 8×12 or so with bunks for over night stays. Any ideas or tips will help.
Tight lines and big fish

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Want to build a hard wall shack
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2019, 04:25 PM »
you may find several good idea's on you tube

Offline HARRYFISHBALLS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2019, 09:59 PM »
AN OLD BUMPER PULL IS THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE

Offline gooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • stay warm, safe and tight lines
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2019, 12:09 PM »
AN OLD BUMPER PULL IS THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE

I have thought of that only problem is I want it to go down to ice level so I would need drop axels
Tight lines and big fish

Offline HARRYFISHBALLS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2019, 12:50 PM »
an auger extension would be cheaper then axles, just put a crazy carpet or any thin plastic sheet through the hole in the floor to the ice to precent freezing/drifting etc
 Some times a 5 gallon pail with the bottom cut off will reach the ice. Some guys build a gaff type hook/stick to retrieve fish down the hole,prob not legal but is effective.Of course try not to go through the gills.

Many of these old trailers have a  low profile to the ice which is good for fishing but can hang up,the beauty of the trailer is ,it's wired for power,furnace in some,lighting,light  towing and easy to move around on the lake to find the sweet spot.I would gut the rest and buildf fold down bunks for over nighting.A carbon monoxide monitor is a must.Just take a cruise out in the country and you can spot old trailers.A friend bought a 16' for a $100 with a furnace and newer tires.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.