Author Topic: Jaw jacker  (Read 3896 times)

Offline wcbarkerf

• IceShanty Rookie
Jaw jacker
« on: Mar 17, 2018, 05:31 PM »
When is a person going to be able to buy the jigging part of the jaw jacker..
It was on youtube in 2015.
Whats up

Offline hntowing

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Jaw jacker
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2018, 07:01 PM »
Check the web sit just bought some.

Offline wcbarkerf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2018, 11:16 AM »
Does the jigging jaw jacker work ok for those that have it. cabelas has for 130 bucks  but is it worth it?????

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2018, 12:11 PM »
Just saw one in action yesterday at my local tackle shop. Probably the most overpriced gimmick I've seen in many years. Not even sure it would produce more fish than a simple

deadstick mounted over a snapper. Leaving aside the question of effectiveness, why would you even want to? Is jigging for fish and setting the hook just more work than you can

handle?  O Tempora, O Mores!
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Walks on Water

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2018, 02:37 PM »
Leaving aside the question of effectiveness, why would you even want to? Is jigging for fish and setting the hook just more work than you can

So everyone is supposed to fish exactly like you, and if not, they are wrong? A person asked a question about the availability of a piece of gear, not if you think you are too awesome to use that piece of gear.

Offline lm26sk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Subie life!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2018, 02:44 PM »
make one , much cheaper and you can custom it anyway you want it . This one is what i made couple years back , painted it black and use it every season with great results.

Offline wcbarkerf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2018, 03:24 PM »
I have the jaw jackers. was just curious about the jigging machine for it

Offline wcbarkerf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2018, 03:28 PM »
Just saw one in action yesterday at my local tackle shop. Probably the most overpriced gimmick I've seen in many years. Not even sure it would produce more fish than a simple

deadstick mounted over a snapper. Leaving aside the question of effectiveness, why would you even want to? Is jigging for fish and setting the hook just more work than you can

I like to fish but the lakes around here u can fish all day and not catch anything. also I have tried many diff options and caught nothing. So a little extra hand would be ok.. And I do practice c&r. Hope that satisfies you

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2018, 10:50 PM »
I have heard they are garbage from people very knowledgeable. Also, there is a spring that is required for the device to function, the spring is not secured to the device so could become lost very easy then you $130 jigger is no longer working.

Offline HARRYFISHBALLS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2019, 01:54 AM »
a friends dad designed and built a auto rigging tip up that works with the slightest  breeze,he always catches more then the rest of us. They were designed about 30 yrs ago and look horrible but man do they catch walleye and pike.I seen some natives build a simple auto jigger,they drilled a hole and another about half way down,in the half drilled hole they put a 6' log sticking up and tied the line to it and then tied a grocery bag to the line going to the bait.The breeze kept it jigging and they caught alot of pike.

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2019, 11:33 AM »
When is a person going to be able to buy the jigging part of the jaw jacker..
It was on youtube in 2015.
Whats up
  Last I read most all stores are sold out.  Kinda like when the Jaw Jacker first came on market they quickly sold out and were not available till the next season.  Check on Amazon you may get lucky.  BTW  the few video's I have seen show them working not bad.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2019, 10:50 PM »
Buddy and I made a jigger out of a BBQ rotisserie years ago and it has worked well for walleye. Doesn't always work great though as sometimes little to no movement is better. 

Offline HARRYFISHBALLS

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2019, 08:04 PM »

This was my first time every using the Jigging Jaw Jacker for Jumbo Perch and it was a tough day fishing for all of us except my uncle.  He seemed to have two hot holes and just destroyed them.  I had only caught a couple myself all day until I jumped into one of his holes right at the end of the day and popped a few out.  So needless to say I was super surprised that the Jigging Jaw Jacker actually hooked a couple perch on such a tough light biting day.  Really impressive.  I will definitely be looking forward to putting this  Jigging Jaw Jacker to the test when we head down to Cascade Lake in March.  I hope the ice hangs around till when we want to go.  The Atomic Waxworm Tungsten Jig by Backcountry Tackle has also been working very well for us this season and once again catches this nice perch. 
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.