The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Heads or Tails Taxidermy  (Read 1334 times)

jsmith

Heads or Tails Taxidermy
« on: Mar 23, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Hello to all.  This is my first post, but I have been a reader at this site for about two years now.
I am not much for typing on the computer, so I normally just read all of the things that others have to say.  However, I have a problem that I think that many of you might be able to help me with, or perhaps get some help along with me. 

My problem is with Heads or Tails Taxidermy, formerly of Norway.   I took two beautiful fawn deer to the studio last spring and spoke to the owner about having one of them mounted.  He showed me some of his work and we agreed on a price.  I put $100.00 down and left him the deer with the expectation that they would be done in a year or so and I could pay him the balance I owed over that year. 
To make a long story short, The Taxidermy studio closed up and the Taxidermist left the State.  After leaving countless messages for him, I managed to speak to him once a few weeks ago (only after threatening to call the CT department of Conservation).  He claims that he is working on many mounts and plans to finish everyones work.
Recently I have heard some bad things about this taxidermist and I am under the impression that no one will be getting anything back from him. I know there are many others out there in my situation with this guy and I would like to hear from them.  If you are one of them, or you know someone that is waiting for an item from this taxidermist please e-mail me at [email protected], or give me some contact information through this posting. 
I have heard that there are a lot of people in my area that are trying to get ahold of this guy, and we need to get together and do something about it or else none of us are going to see our mounts again.  There is much more to this story that I would be willing to share with anyone that is interested or in the same boat that I am with a mount, so please help if you can and get in touch with me.  Thanks
Jsmith

Offline Marsh

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tools of the Trade
Re: Heads or Tails Taxidermy
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Hey J and welcome to the shanty!!!  Bummer to hear about your mounts.  But personly i have no experience with this guy.  And it it the first time i hear of him.  I hope all works out for you bud.  Dont be a stranger to the shanty!!!
Marsh

brooktrouter

Re: Heads or Tails Taxidermy
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2005, 03:50 PM »
 You might want to try the Maine attorney generals office as the buisness was located here.Good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.