Author Topic: Nordic-Legend auger  (Read 604 times)

Offline sawbelliesam

• IceShanty Rookie
Nordic-Legend auger
« on: Jan 29, 2021, 08:56 AM »
I was gifted an 8" nordic legend auger that is used with a cordless drill. Anyone have one, and how do you like it? Seems really well built. I will be pairing it with a Makita 18v with 6ah batteries. Thanks.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Nordic-Legend auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2021, 09:14 AM »
I believe its a HT cousin product...and a knock off of the Eskimo Pistol Bit ..I have the HT E-Drill ..works great no complaints . Please do a good review ..as the price point on these is very attractive..Should have Mora blades as well ..blades I believe are not Stainless Steel like StrikeMaster ..so up grading if need be is a good idea if need be in the future. Good luck with your gift.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Owesome_Otter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2021, 11:13 AM »
I ordered the 6" one from amazon. It was shipped by HT Industries so it is the HT E-drill. Works great

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2021, 11:24 AM »
I ordered the 6" one from amazon. It was shipped by HT Industries so it is the HT E-drill. Works great

Any other input ..height wise ? Do you use it on a plate ? The ones on Amazon are shipping from a third party ...did your ship via a third party...was it ship reasonably fast ?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Owesome_Otter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2021, 07:21 AM »
Height wise it definitely depends on the amount of ice. I didn't have to hunch too low on 12" of ice but we're getting to 16"+ now with snow coverage and I do have to get the drill down there. I had previously purchased a basic extender and Ice Master attachment for my drill/auger combo I had before I upgraded to this one and both of those attach to this auger no problem. I use my Ice Master over the catch plate because it is less bulky and does the same thing. I am actually thinking about putting the extender on this week because I have it, not necessarily because I have to. Not sure about battery life, but I am thinking about 50 holes through 16-18" of ice using my dewalt 20v w/ 5ah battery.

It says a 3rd party from amazon, but it shipped from HTI in WI. It arrived about a week earlier than it said it was going to [Amazon said 2 weeks delivery and it showed up in 6 days].

Only complaint is the rubber strap that holds the cover on falls off everytime you remove the cover. It isn't attached to the cover so it just falls off when you remove it. Not a dealbreaker but kind of annoying. I did notice a small amount of rust on the spike, but the blades don't seem to be having any issues and it still cuts like a knife through butter.

Overall, definitely a good purchase. Cuts fast and I have yet to have it catch on the bottom of a hole after ~100 holes. Plus the fact that it takes standard accessories is nice too, so you could use an extender or hand drill handle or other drill attachment piece.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2021, 07:44 AM »
Owesome_Otter...Those rubber straps are a pain ..two solutions ..drill two holes on the side of the notch and zip tie the strap or drill a hole under the notch and add a ball bungee

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-ball-stretch-cord-set-47302.html

Offline Owesome_Otter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2021, 07:53 AM »
Awesome thanks for the tip! The zip-tie idea had crossed my mind but I really like the bungee ball idea

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2021, 09:13 AM »
Awesome thanks for the tip! The zip-tie idea had crossed my mind but I really like the bungee ball idea

I have tried both ..effectively..the bungee ball is on my 6" SM Lazer hand auger..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.