Author Topic: Marcum MX7 GPS/Satellite issues  (Read 522 times)

Offline UT Pannie Dropper

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum MX7 GPS/Satellite issues
« on: Jan 22, 2021, 05:24 PM »
I just bought a Marcum MX7 on the lithium shuttle, pulled it out of the box and booted up the gps screen, and the arrow showing my location is "stuck" somewhere n North Dakota, I live in Utah. I'm not getting any satellite reception according to the satellite page. The owners manual says it can take up to an hour for the unit to connect to satellites. I've been fishing on 2 different lakes about 6 hours each, as well as leaving the unit powered on at home and at work for hours, and have yet to get any satellite reception. I work in a fishing shop, powered on another MX7/shuttle unit right out of the box and it was almost immediately connected to satellite and was working properly.

I have tried playing with all the settings I can think of. Anybody have any suggestions? I tried contacting Marcum a week ago and have yet to hear anything back.

The graph/flasher works fantastic, but I'd really like to be able to use the GPS feature that I paid extra for. Only reason for upgrading from my Lx7 to the MX7 is for the GPS, and haven't been able to get it to work.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with their new MX7? Or does anyone have any setting changes to try? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Offline 4°Fahrenheit

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marcum MX7 GPS/Satellite issues
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2021, 07:22 PM »
No issues here.  Mine fired right up and had 3d lock within seconds.  Used it on the res. and have already marked and saved spots.  I'd be contacting customer service as you paid for that option.  Maybe they can walk you through some sort of factory reset.

4°F

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2021, 06:59 AM »
Manual says it could take an hour to link to satellites???  What BS. 

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2021, 05:42 PM »
Sounds like you need a hard reset.  Contact customer support.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.